A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Apocalyptic Survival Swap Gallery  (Read 9132 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Illiamdra

Craft time was never this much fun in school!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012 06:52:05 PM »

hehe yah i wasn't sure if you would see were the compass was from or not, it's a normal compass with sundial for can be held in hand or mounted to a wooden deck of a ship Smiley i had to get two because i really really wanted to keep that one for myself lol.

Alchemy 513 might recognize the rubb-ons Smiley i never found a use for them so i figured they would be better sent on instead of collecting dust here. I loved them very much but i just couldn't decided what to do with them!!

i had made some little leather labels for tincture bottles but they didn't turn out at all so i didn't send them but i really am glad you like it all, and I can't wait to see what i got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012 11:20:10 PM »

omg wow everythingin the package is so amaing i can't even pick a fave. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Illiamdra

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012 01:07:23 PM »

aww thanks Ivory!
i almost kept the box and just sent her the filler lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012 02:30:54 PM »

Oh, awesome haul!  Love the cuff, the compass, the box.... aw hell, its all great.  ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissSadieMae
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012 05:52:02 PM »

Wow everything posted thus far is amazing. You guys have done a great job. If I can ever get my camera to accept my batteries I will take pics.. I'm getting so frustrated with it..  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012 02:01:52 AM »

Finally got my pics to upload of my package from MissSadieMae. My apocalyptic scenario was either zombies or robots.

A lovely zombified santa and polar bear tin, which i think i shall be adding to my permanent xmas decoration collection

filled with these amazing cookies, most of which have been devoured

some awsome robot uprising artwork

an autograph from bill nighy (not the science guy, but the actor that played phil the stepdad in shaun of the dead....not to mention many other amazing roles, such a great actor)

zombie love knee socks, which will be nice cuz its finally starting to cool down here in cali and i love wearing knee socks with skirts. and a pack of zombie shooting targets, which my boyfriend was most excited about and ever since he saw them has been begging me to go to the range (he really wants to mess up that creepy clown zombie). the only thing is that a lot (maybe all, not sure) of the shooting ranges in cali have rules about not allowing targets that are photos of people so we may have to save them until we get a chance to go camping or just use them as decoration until then

a zombified box

and what's inside? zombie ear of course. love the detail on the back of the ear where it got ripped off

a feild guide for the apocalypse, full of awsome info, for real and not so realistic survival situations and funny little cartoons, i think my favorite peice of advice was if robots take over just walk around going "beep boop beep"

and a set of mugs, one with plants vs zombies decorations and one with a robot ready to kill all humans, unfortunately they got broke in transit but i saved all the peices so i'm just gonna glue them back together cuz i figure it'll look more apocalyptic that way all cracked up and i can just use them as planters or something

i couldnt get the craftster photo hosting to work with the thumbnails so if you wanna see the other sides of the mugs or the pages of the book here's the link to my flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/31284550@N02/

Thank you so much MissSadieMae!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012 08:00:15 AM »

Wow, these packages are AMAZING!!!!! So much zombie goodness, it almost makes me wish I were into zombies Tongue

Sooooooo looking forward to getting my package from Undersea_sun!!! According to CP, it'll be here next Wednesday Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissSadieMae
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012 07:14:07 PM »

Poop so sorry about the cups.. I thought the box was secure enough, I should have went with my gut instinct and wrapped them.. Urg well anyways. I don't think that pinterest sharpie method worked anyways, that's why I had to put for decortive purposes only I had to add a layer of modpodge to seal it. Made me so mad I guess from now on i'm investing in the proper pens and paint. I'm going to try and post my pics tomorrow. Today was so crazy hectic
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012 01:17:02 AM »

Somehow the little chips of the cups kinda got ground down into a powder in the box and i'm thinking that might have acted like a sandpaper on the images, i was thinking about going and tracing over parts to make them brighter. but at least now we all know that pinterest sharpie method doesn't work, i was totally wondering about that too. but if you do decorate glassware in the future i highly recomend Folk Art Enamels paint, its around $2 a bottle and they have a ton of colors and you just bake it in the oven and its dishwasher safe. But just make sure you get the "flow medium" which is a thinner cuz the paint's really thick, and they even have a clear coat which i put on everything but i've also had success using the clear coat to make glitter paint and even decopage images on.

but even with all the mishaps, i still love the plants vs zombies cup
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Illiamdra

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012 01:10:40 PM »

OHHHH got my box today and LOVE IT ALL!!!!!

Going to set up outside for a photo shoot and then post pics in a Bit!
THANK YOU!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Nut Job
American Hustle Interviews
Zombies Help Kids Learn Movie Making
Sherry Lansing: The Role of a Studio Head
Sherry Lansing: Strong, Honest and Nice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...