A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,377
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Apocalyptic Survival Swap Gallery  (Read 8182 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexus1325
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012 10:10:49 AM »

Oooooh! Alchamy got some niiiice presents!

In other news, here's my absolutely possum-sauce goodies from Undersea_sun!!!

She sent me a picture frame she painted with a cool sponge technique to make it look rusty, some body-baubles, a little emergency kit, and craft supplies!

A crochet arm cozy, a leather buckle bracelet, and the COOLEST metal flower! That's getting worn to work ASAP!

My new mini-kit contains matches, bandages, embroidery floss, a ball chain, and two SUPER COOL THINGS!!! At the very bottom is a strip of wax paper with DUCT TAPE ON IT!!! And as if that isn't awesome enough, note the little tiny pieces of sealed drinking straws labeled ALOE!!!! I ALWAYS burn myself on a camping trip at least once Tongue

Last, but certainly not least, craft supplies! She sent me scraps of leather to add to my ever-growing collection, black and grey felt (yay! I can make some badges!), and some strange plastic-y raffia and metallic... something for making into weirdo-yarn.

Sadly, Undersea-sun is having multiple computer/internet issues, and I pulled the totally NOOB move of not taking photos of anything other than the necklace I made for her. Since she's seen it, I'll go make a jewelry/trinket post for it and plop the link in here.

---------

TADAA! Apocalyptic Junk Necklace

------------

ACK. Why are the thumbnails not clickable??? I are confuzzled...

-------------

YAY! Fixed the thumbnails, they are now clickable!!! Thanks Ivoryh Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012 12:07:31 PM by Alexus1325 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012 05:17:20 PM »

more awsomeness, i'm loving all this bullet jewelry, dont know why i didn't think of that. i've got access to tons of shells from all diffenent size rounds becuase (you're gonna love this one) my boyfriend keeps all his shells and saves them so (as soon as he saves up for the equipment) he can put new powder in them and turn them back into working bullets so that in case of zombie apocalypse he won't run out of ammo......dead serious, that's his reasoning. its also cheaper in the long run to do it that way when you go shooting a lot, but if anyone asks he tells them its cuz of the zombies.

Alexus- did you upload your pics using that "quick insert photos" thing when you click reply? cuz when you do thumbnails that way, they aren't clickable, if you want clickable thumbnails you have to do it the old school way, which personally i dont know why they even bothered making a thumbnail option if its not clickable because that's the only real advantage of having a thumbnail
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Undersea-sun
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2012 12:03:00 AM »

I'm going to try and take pictures with my phone and e-mail them to myself since my computer is choosing to ignore my cameras sd card. Like I said to Alexus, Technology has not been my friend at all lately.

I'm really loving everything in this swap so far! Very cool ideas! Smiley

I absolutely loveeeee my package from Alexus and cant wait to show off everything I got! Hopefully I will be posting again asap with my haul! Fingers crossed my phone decides to work! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2012 09:46:17 AM »

I'm going to try and take pictures with my phone and e-mail them to myself since my computer is choosing to ignore my cameras sd card. Like I said to Alexus, Technology has not been my friend at all lately.

That's what I had to do too....

I have been a horrible horrible partner to Shynii and I apologize profusely.  She sent an amazing package, on time, and I sent late and am super late at getting pics posted.  I am grounding myself from swapping for a while :/

The package came soaked in blood stains and I found this letter: 

Next I pulled out this paper bag, which I'm going to have to disassemble and frame:

Inside the bag was a super cozy cowl with two layers so it can double as a make shift apocalyptic pillow: 
(my friends are all fighting over this, btw, as if they think one of them is going to get it!)

Next there was this awesome handmade bug-out bag.  The photo does not do it justice.  It is super cute and going to be a great picnic bag until the zombies come Smiley 

and facemasks:

and finally, the antivirus!

Shynii, thank you so much, I loved the whole theme and the letter that explained everything.  It was very creative!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shynii
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013 06:50:21 PM »

Sorry this is so late! I was away from my home when my awesome package was delivered and didn't get back until yesterday. But I took pictures right away and here I am to show you the loot!

Everything is awesome but I must say, I love that guuuuun. Thank you so much CamOovas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Who Swap - Success!
Interested in Personal Swaps

My Blog: http://castlelabyrinth.wordpress.com
My DeviantArt: http://shynii.deviantart.com
Alexus1325
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013 07:22:15 PM »

Eeeeeh! Tiny gun!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VampAracely
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2013 08:40:58 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm posting photos of the package I sent Soxymoron.

I made a knitted hat and a wilderness bag. Then I added a 2013 planner, a Brita water bottle, and some loose tea bags.

Here's a closeup on the bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lydiaharper
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013 05:55:23 AM »

The hat looks so warm and squishy. Wink the bag is way cool, too. Oh, and I so need the Keep Calm bloody planner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VampAracely
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2013 08:47:37 PM »

I received my package in the mail from my swap angel, Staar84!

Inside the package was a handmade ruffled neck collar, a bracelet, the book, The Zombie Survival Guide, and custom goggles. Thank you so much, Staar84  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013 01:12:16 AM »

Those goggles look great! Thanks again Staar84 for angeling!

Ok guys that's the last package, this swap is officially finished! Everyone made amazing stuff, hope you all had fun despite there being a few partner issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Flat Iron
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
How to Use a Flat Iron
How to Style Curly Hair with Pins
How to Finish Curly Hair with a Curling Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...