This delicate lace heel looks great for the holidays, but would also be lovely for a wedding, a bridal shower, prom...you name it. I revamped my heel in monochromatic colors, but a two toned heel would look fabulous too!
1. Tape off the heels with painter's or masking tape.
2. Blend gray and tan acrylic paints to match your shoe color (or try a different color altogether for a bolder look). Paint this on your heel as a base for the silver "lace" to grip. Let dry completely.
3. Find a fun silver lace or leaf sticker pattern at your craft store. There are quite a few varieties out there. Apply the pieces to your heel in a tight pattern, cutting to fit the shape of your heel.
4. Apply a fine border of black gloss acrylic paint along the edges and in the crevices of your lace pattern to create an "aged" look. Let dry.
5. Apply a light spray of clear acrylic gloss to your heel (making sure to avoid the rest of the shoe). This will set your lace and prevent peeling.
6. Slip on your heels and hit the town!
More tutorial pictures at: http://www.sisteroo.com/2012/11/diy-silver-lace-heels.html