A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SECRET SANTA SWAP 2012 GALLERY!!!!!  (Read 13382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012 06:17:49 PM »

Finally here are some photos of the package Miss Barbara sent to me.

Here is the before picture...

Here is the after...

She sent me a crocheted purse in my favorite colors, a wonderful crocheted bowl that matches, a flower treat jar, some shell pins to wear on my coat, kitty calendar bookmarks, a crochet dude tape measure, candy cane pens, a matroyshka, a candle and chocolate schrooms (yum!)

Thank you again Miss Barbara!  I love my package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
mlookyloo1
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012 07:00:26 PM »

OMG I got a great package from Beth 8144 she much love to sew I got everthing that I wish for I just cant get my picture to down load if you got picture can you post them for me I will try to get them to load later  I lover everthing I got  thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012 10:25:20 PM »

My goodness!  I just got caught up on this gallery and look at all the pretties!!!!!  I covet that Tardis bag, mariak!!  Love the tie-dye looking stockings and Coraline doll!  That crocheted hedgehog is adorable and I think that phoenix you received, phoenixfiredesigns, has got a lot of character!!  I'm intrigued by the surprise ball adrienne_bowers got - what is typically inside those things?  Love the colors in happycrochetchic's hat and what a pretty lap quilt you made, lindyv321!!!  I think I need to search out those chocorooms!  They look yummy!

Happy Holidays to each and everyone of us!!!!!

P.S.  a much better pic of the beautiful pillow johnson.mom2two made for me can be found in this thread!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417694.0  She did such an amazing embroidery job!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 10:29:14 PM by calixita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2012 07:46:39 AM »

My secret santa was Toralune and she is amazing!

Look at the lovely wrapping! I apologize for the crummy pics. I can get better ones this weekend (although not of this shot).

A beautiful card. It pops up!

Check out all the baking goodness! Toralune sent me Halloween cookie cutters (bonus points for them being Halloween cookie cutters!), letter and phrase stamps which I have been longing for and can't wait to try out, plus cute Halloween cupcake wrappers. Oh boy!

She sent 4 great patterns too! Toralune really hit the nail on the head with these. The 40's pattern is going to be so fun to explore, I love the Christmas one- especially the matryoshka project -and the costume patterns are awesome and totally me. I've thoroughly hacked the copies I got for myself and am so excited to have a fresh start!

I've been eyeing this English-Russian reader for a while now and Toralune sent it to me! I love it! It's pretty awesome to read Pushkin in Russian (even though I check the English side every 3rd word or so). I started reading it as soon as I unwrapped it. She sent me Christmas Nerds too. I love that candy. There was another happy "I can't believe she sent this!" moment when I opened up the bag of King Leo peppermints! I LOVE them and they're kinda hard to find. I haven't seen them for a couple of years around where I live. I am savoring them. So yummy! She sent cute gingerbread people ornaments too!

And now the super-amazing crafts!

A Stitch stuffie! I think amigurumi? I don't know but he is awesome! I absolutely adore him! He is wonderful and perfect and I love him so much. The hat behind him is fantastic too! I love the color and the pattern is so cool! The little jack-o'-lantern button holds the yellow-and-white chapstick holder closed. It is so handy! And the little pumpkin up front is just precious and lovely. It's the perfect size, shape and everything!

I don't know how it escaped being photographed but she sent the sweetest little pumpkin charm too. It is so amazing just like Toralune's crafting and stalking skills. She is thoughtful, talented and a great spoiler. Thank you tons and tons for being my secret santa, Toralune! You rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2012 09:45:55 AM »

So!  Finally I can post some pictures - sorry for not doing it yesterday as promised, but I ended up not coming to the office afterall.

I figure that the easiest way to do this will be to use Miss Barbara's write up & insert pictures...  Sound good?  Hope so!  Here you go Smiley

She was not my guess, but I am SO GLAD she got me!   Cheesy  I am unable to take and post photos, so I am going to post descriptions of the lovely items she sent me, and Koreena, if you could post photos, that would be wonderful!

-First of all, the envelope everything came in was decorated with a drawing of a gift box around my name!  How festive!
No photo of the envelope, sorry!  Glad you liked it though Smiley

-Then, a really nifty holiday card of a gingerbread house, which I am actually going to recycle as holiday gift labels.  This will be the first time for me, and the first card I'll be using.  Yea for recycling!
it didn't occur to me to take a picture of the card haha...  think it was store bought because I forgot to bring a handmade one...  Glad to know it will be reused Wink

-Everything was wrapped so lovely, with beautiful ribbon, which I will be saving for future use.
I received this ribbon in another swap & really loved it, too!

ONTO THE GIFTS:
-Three decorated felt hearts!  They are decorated with pearls, buttons, beads, and yarn!  They are absolutely georgous and she made one blue, one yellow, and one green.  I actually think I am going to put each of them in a holiday card for each of my children with a letter telling them how much I love them, and that they (can literally!) hold my heart in their hand.
These were inspired by some broaches that you have on your wist...  I tought I would leave them pin-less so that you could do with them what you wanted - looks like it's a good thing that I did!  I bet your children will really love to receive the letters - what a thoughtful idea

-A BUTTON NECKLACE!  The necklace itself is bronze, and then Koreena actually SEWED on all the buttons to the necklace!  And she used such "happy" colored buttons!  I can't wait to wear it!
This was also inspired by your wist.  You have a lot of good stuff on there!  Your top wish was to receive jewelry, which I don't make...  but after seeing your comments about buttons & colourful things, I knew I had to try make this for you.  There were no "good" photos of this... impossible!

-A package of decorated travel tissues!  (With three kids, someone is ALWAYS looking for a tissue from Mommy!  Roll Eyes)  One package with turtles and snails, one with flowers, and one with owls!  CUTE!

-A sticker set from CANADA (apparently where Koreena is from)!  I have barely been anywhere in the US where I live, so to receive something from Canada-and stickers, at that!- is cool.
I didn't think to photograph these either, sorry.  I often forget to photograph the little extra things that find their way into my packages...

-THE MOST AMAZING COVERED JOURNAL EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Shocked  Let me tell you, Koreena is the MOST TALENTED felt item creator I have ever seen.  Ok, to describe:  The front of the journal...the top is sky blue felt with an embroidered felt cloud with my name in orange, with an embroidered sun, and the bottom is a navy blue with a VERY detailed sea turtle on it.  Along the side where the rings of the journal are, Koreena actually SEWED BUTTONS THRU EACH RING with blue and purple buttons!!!!!!!!!!!  The back of the journal is orange (orange is my favorite color, and sea turtles have special meaning to me).  The inside front cover is covered with a creme colored felt, and the back inside cover is covered in navy felt with a again, very detailed, serene looking frog (another favorite) frog sitting on a lily pad!
*blushing* Wow~ Thanks!!  I'm really glad that you liked the journal as much as I enjoyed making it!  I had a LOT of fun with this one, even though my SO was... unconvinced... that it would be well received haha  I made the buttons functional so that you can remove the cover & reuse it on a different journal in the future, in case you want to.  I'm so very happy that you love this!

I have never swapped with Koreena in all the time I've been on Craftster, but she nailed my likes to a 'T', and was so generous and thoughtful with what she sent!
Yaaay!  I'm glad that you feel sufficiently spoiled!  I was really worried that I wasn't sending "enough" for this so-called medium swap haha - looks like everyone ignored the minimum send requirements!

Here is a picture of the beetle keychain, too (also inspired by one on your wist) - it was my favourite thing & not easy to give away haha

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2012 10:14:22 AM »

My turn! My turn!

I received THE MOST gorgeous and wonderful package from Alexampersandra!  Thank you so much ~ I seriously love everything  Grin

(...)

I am feeling so very spoiled right now ~ Thank you so much Alexampersandra Smiley  I really appreciate the care that you put into this gift!!

I'm so glad you like everything!!! That is the first jewelry I have made all by myself without my chainmailling Fiance's help. (Actually he helped with the necklace, but the earrings were ALL ME.) I'm quite proud  Cheesy

Everybody got such awesome gifts!!!

It figures, it was in the SIXTIES (that's Fahrenheit, y'all) all weekend, so my lovely green scarf from kbrison has gotten little use, but I'm wearing it today (it's dropping down to fifty again).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012 02:32:09 PM »

Thanks for posting the photos, Koreena!

And I thought the journal cover was removable, but I wasn't sure...thanks for clearning that up!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

libertine49
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2012 08:04:34 PM »

Okay! Finally able to upload pictures of everything I received!

I really loved everything that I got and am very thankful to Lizziew and her amazing skills Smiley
First off, she did a lot of stalking on my pinterest since most is definitely inspired by like interests on there.

I receive an adorable owl (my favorite animal) wallet that has an awesome handmade feel to it Wink

Then, I also found this amazing apron that combined my love of aprons and Robin all in one!

Sorry, for the picture, not an easy way to get the whole thing in.

But, it can also be used with my bought item, pirate shaped cookie cutters Smiley

And this is a picture of me opening and enjoying everything I received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2012 03:31:14 AM »

that robin apron is the bomb! I think I will be pinning that in the near future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
lizziew
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2012 10:32:07 AM »

I have nervously been checking every day for your post! So glad you liked them, phew what a relief!! xxxxxxxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST LINK - http://pinterest.com/lizzierw/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Jim Benton Talks About Franny K. Stein Series
Meet Author Gustavo Arellano
David McCullough Wishes He Had This Talent
Frank Lipman Talks About Spent
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...