Sponsored Project - Holiday Lanterns from ModernGreeting.com Cards
Modern Greetings is gifting each of us 20 free greeting cards
with matching envelopes to get us ready for the holidays!
Choose between smooth, linen or pearlescent finish and hundreds of designs, then customize your holiday cards to make them your own
is backed by a world-class, award winning printing manufacturer with over 200,000 square feet of space. They offer full customization of photobooks, greeting cards, invitations, announcements and wedding sets with their custom design tool (which is awesome!). Order quantities start at just 1 and go up from there, so you can order the exact quantity you desire.
Holiday Lanterns from Recycled Greeting Cards
Designed by sweets4ever
Create these fun and whimsical holiday lanterns by recycling used or leftover greeting cards. These lanterns were created with actual cards from ModernGreetings.com
. Consider using cards with special inscriptions or personal meanings (such as "Baby's First Christmas") to memorialize them as decorations for years to come.Materials
- ModernGreetings.com cards, Christmas/Holiday collection
- Soup or vegetable can
- Construction paper
- Screw driver
- Hammer or mallet
- Optional: Wire, Pliers, Paint
1. Create a template for the design on your can. Using construction paper, create a template to the size of the can.
2. Fill can with water and freeze. Having the can full of ice will help it retain its shape while you are tapping holes into it.
3. Cut your card to match your template. My card choice was a little too small for my can, so I'll just put the space toward the back/seam. Holding the template and card together, punch holes where you would like the holes in your design/on your can.
4. Attach construction paper template to your [frozen solid] can with tape.
5. Using a hammer and screwdriver, pierce each hole of the template into the can. If you are going to hang your lantern, also pierce two holes on opposite sides of the top of the can.
6. Remove the template, melt the ice and dry the can thoroughly.
If you would like to add color to the inside of your can, paint it now.
7. Apply the greeting card shape to the outside of the can. Be sure to align the holes of the card with the holes in the can, so light can permeate through the holes. Secure the perimeter and seam of the card with glue.
8. Optional: Add a wire hanger to the top of the can. Decorate with beads, if desired.
9. Insert a tealight into the can and enjoy the view!