A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap 2012 Gallery  (Read 5871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012 05:53:37 PM »

This is my weekly posting but I also wanted to acknowledge my partner for this swap, Quaggy.

We are Craftster friends, and she is one of the kindest, most talented, and generous people I have ever met.

I can't take and post photos but please read on, because what I'm writing about is way above and beyond what she had to do as the requirements of this swap.

*We are Jewish but also celebrate Xmas (long story).  DH broke his shoulder, and money is tight.  Quaggy was aware of that.  Not only did she send the items for this Xmas swap, but she sent EIGHT FAMILY GIFTS for the eight nights of Hanukkah.  They were well thought out, useful, fun, and most of all, were such a great help to us right now.  The girls were very excited to open them every night.

*Quaggy sent me a box of what she called "extra supplies" that she couldn't use/didn't want anymore.  What I call them is hitting the craft supply lottery!  Cheesy  There are items for everyone in the family to enjoy, including some really nifty yarn ball fabric, the likes of which I have never seen here.  Modestly, she didn't take a photo of the supplies, since she said they were "extra".

*Quaggy and I have swapped several times before.  Because of her teriffic sewing talents, I often ask for items for other people (i.e.-DDs teachers, etc...) and she has again, always went above and beyond what I've asked for in a swap.  With this swap, again, she not only sent the items required by the swap, but she sent:  several mini owls (see margiej's gallery for an example), several green/red apple keyrings, and several quilted owl purses!  All for me to gift to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I didn't ask for anything for myself in this swap.  Only for DH, DS, and both my DDs.  Quaggy made it a point of including items for me as well.

Quaggy makes me cry with her compassion, kindness, and generosity.   Smiley Kiss  Thank you Quaggy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012 06:43:07 PM »

No crying!!!! Tis the season!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012 08:36:06 PM »

Miss Barbara - I'm so glad that the swap has helped to make your season so bright! That's what it's all about!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koalascout
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012 10:45:12 AM »

still here, hope everyone like their stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012 12:37:51 PM »

still here, hope everyone like their stuff.

Are you able to post pictures of what I made for you? Or should I?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koalascout
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012 09:10:28 PM »

sorry i got caught up in the weekend. i will post pics later today (tuesday).

like everything so far

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012 04:23:03 PM »

Quaggy and Miss Barbara- It looks like you both spoiled each other! It's nice that you already have some knowledge of your partner, makes it extra special!

I LOVE those owl purses and the colors of the placemats and hotpad are very pretty together. I am a big fan of the melted "glass" ornaments too, they remind me of my grandmother's house and they look so pretty on the tree with the light shining through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012 04:54:23 PM »

Quaggy and Miss Barbara- It looks like you both spoiled each other! It's nice that you already have some knowledge of your partner, makes it extra special!

I LOVE those owl purses and the colors of the placemats and hotpad are very pretty together. I am a big fan of the melted "glass" ornaments too, they remind me of my grandmother's house and they look so pretty on the tree with the light shining through!

Thanks the owl purses where fun to make as everything else too!  Miss Barbara is easy to craft for and I love gifts she sends to me since I do not crochet or knit and  she does beautiful fun and useful items.  Yes we have became great friends through this site and chat often even when we are not partnerd, she is like a sister that lives far away!!!! And yes the ornaments rock in real life!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012 05:31:02 PM »

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012 05:38:14 PM »

The glass ornaments remind me of my Grandma too. I have an ornament of my son's that my Grandmother gave him that is glass. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Healing and Fading
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - The Healing Brush and the Options Bar
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Spot Healing Brush Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Composite with the Clone Stamp Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Clone Stamp Tool
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...