A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cookie Exchange sign up 10/28/2012-11/18/2012 Sendouts 12/6/2012  (Read 4125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012 11:44:33 AM »

Okay, so I looked again and found the gallery!  Kfad's package for me got here this morning and I feel so indulged.  She sent almond biscotti, chocolate oatmeal cookies, ephemera, and some board books!  Here's the whole bounty:

After a bad week, this really cheered me up so much.  Of the cookies, I was surprised to say the biscotti is my favorite.  It's so almond-elicious.  I LOVE almonds, and these taste so delicate and fresh and awesome. 

And the ephemera is really special.  Most of it is from Oregon, my favorite place. 

The brownish postcard you can't see very well just down left on the top is Baker City, Oregon in 1866.  My partner and I were commenting that was before Lonesome Dove or Little House times!  Just amazing.  And that postcard upper left, of the woman with flowers, is from 1916 and has a mysterious little note on it that says, "I suppose Glynne has told you the news.  If she hasn't, ask her what I got into down here.  ha ha."  We'll never know!  It's a forever mystery.  How neat is that?  I love it.  And she got me 3 thrifted board books to use in my art journaling!  I told her I was exploring board books to alter, and these 3 are just perfect.  I've shown the second two open so any art journalers can see what lovely spread-shapes they provide.  And the top one is a tunnel book with a big eyeball in the center that will show up in every spread!  And I didn't realize until I snapped the picture that the dinosaur is maliciously peeking over the others, just like the raptor in Jurassic Park!!!  Clever girl. 

And I love the gothiness of the purple tag, and I just love black, white, and red spreads so that other big tag on text is just great.  I love it all.  Every little bit.

I LOVE this package.  Kfad, I feel so blessed to be your first swap partner because you have been just excellent, and I will have some fun putting your package together to send out this week.  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
kfad
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012 09:48:21 AM »

I am so glad you liked it!

It was a blast putting it all together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012 06:49:59 PM »

Great start to the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012 02:10:32 PM »

Sour cream drops...those sound delicious!!! Biscotti mmmm Love the elf apron too. I am baking one more type of cookie tonight and sending out tomorrow. I had some guys test the others at work and now I have to bake another batch...one of them said it was the best cookie he ever ate...hmmm not sure if he just wanted more and was sucking up lol but I will make some more!! I am on a strict diet so I could not have one. Gotta follow the rules so I can only have certain things on certain days. The results better be worth it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012 05:42:19 PM »

I received today from PJR107!

Here are my yummy treats. The ones on the left are my fav. as they are cinnamony (that is a word lol) and buttery...mmmm

My new super cool polyclay skull ornament. Check out the holly berries and leaves...done so good! Hanging on my tree staring at me right now.

Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 05:47:00 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012 03:18:09 PM »

Sorry for taking so long to post this - I actually "posted" yesterday but then hit the wrong button and the page refreshed...  Nearly tossed the laptop, but decided to put it away for a while instead Wink

Here are the DElicious cookies that Alchamy513 sent to me LAST week

On the left are the same cookies that I sent to her... I literally laughed out loud when I opened the box & saw the recipe for my new/only favourite cookies sitting on top! YYYuuummmmyyyy salty chocolate peanut butter cookies.  So good.

On the right is some even more salty & delicious chocolate pretzel bark.  Oh how I wish I had more of this right now!!!  I just checked my Pinterest food board & your Pinterest food board, Alchamy...  I don't see this on either?  Maybe you can link to the recipe when you see this?  Or maybe it's some homemade awesomeness that isn't on Pinterest yet... If it is, you should really get it online!   Wink  Too good to keep to only us!

Here is the very cute xmassy tin that the goodies were in, along with the absolutely perfect & much needed pastry brush that she sent for me Smiley  The tin is being reused as I type (brought it into work with baked goods today!) and has been admired by all.  The pastry brush will be tested out this weekend.

Thank you for a great swap!!  So glad I joined again this year Smiley

Happy holidays everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012 04:41:37 PM »

Hello Bakers,
If you have sent and received and posted pics but have not received feedback please send me a pm. Since my computer crashed last week im stopping by my moms every few days to update status. Thank you and I hope you are all enjoying your goodies.
Tonya
purplepaisley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012 11:12:44 AM »

I received the perfect package from goddessgarb. I am swooning!
First: here is the whole package.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/305294_07Dec12_IMG_0320.JPG

There were two boxes of yummy cookies. Let me tell you, the ginger ones... to die for. And she wrote up a whole herby goodness report to go with it, all about the health benifits of the cookies. (Did you know I am an herbalist? I am!)

I didn't know you are an herbalist!  That's wonderful.  Everyone laughs at my 'overkill' explanation on those cookies, but I found and redesigned that recipe when I was studying herbalism and holistic nutrition, and I specifically wanted to make cookies that were DELICIOUS and that tapped into the amazing benefits of those spices.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012 12:13:15 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012 11:21:13 AM »

Oh, I definitely want all these recipes!!!  Here are mine (If you want the nutritional info, just ask, it's a bit long to post all of it here, I think!)

Heavenly Ginger Spice Cookies
(makes 4 dozen small cookies)
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sea salt
raw sugar for rolling them in

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together mixer until creamed together.
3. Add the molasses and mix well.
4. Mix the water with the baking soda, then add that and mix well.
5. Sift (or mix together with a whisk really well) the flour, salt, and spices.
6. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix well.
7. Shape dough into walnut-sized balls (roll between palms of your hands) and then roll in raw sugar (in a bowl). If they're too sticky to handle, add a little flour.
8. Place on cookie sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper (makes for SUPER EASY cleanup, which we all love!) about 2 inches apart. If you want thin and crispy cookies (snaps) flatten slightly, otherwise leave in balls to make small, fat, soft cookies.
9. Bake for about 10 - 12 minutes.

Makes a little over 4 dozen small, or 3 dozen medium cookies!

Healthy No-Bake Cookie Balls
(makes 24 walnut-size balls)
3 tablespoons  milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup wheat germ (heaping)
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup quick oatmeal
Directions:
1.  Heat milk, sugar and cocoa powder over high heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
2.  Take off heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter; stir until peanut butter has melted completely.
3.  Stir in wheat germ and oatmeal.
4.  Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper or eat immediately.

For these, it's best to make small balls, a bit smaller than a walnut, and refrigerate them to set them up, and keep them in refrigerator to keep them firm.  When they're that small, you can just pop them in your mouth so they don't fall apart at all.  You can easily substitute a nondairy milk or use other nut butters, too, btw.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jl409
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012 04:44:56 PM »

I received from Thrifty on Monday and I LOOOOVE my package!! She sent chocolate chip cookies, lemon bars (they are different than others I've had and soo yummy!), peppermint bark, and measuring cups and Christmas cookie cutters.  My measuring cups have gotten separated and I can't find some so I was really excited to see these!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I must add.. that I am late on my package and Thrifty has been the most understanding, sweet, patient person. Thank you Thrifty.  Here is what she sent::

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Chili Recipe
Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
How to make Bacon Wrapped Scallops
How to Mix Excellent Cocktails with Xavier Herit at Daniel
Almond Butter and Berries Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...