A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Holiday ~ Beware Nargles in Your Mistletoe!  (Read 40055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2012 12:28:00 PM »

I received from teag about a week ago and a few days ago I received from Abbeeroad.

teag sent me a lovely chocolate frog fresh from the trolley. To give it a bit of a Christmas-y feel she added a red ribbon around his neck (yes it is a boy chocolate frog) and a bit of nargle infested mistletoe in his mouth.

From Abbeeroad I received a felted ornament (on the left) and a little quilted pouch with a snake clasp in honor of my favorite house. She also hand stitched my favorite curse on it, Avada Kedavra! The front has a snake painted on it. If only it were a teensy bit bigger, I would keep my cell phone in there!

It doesn't end there, though. Abbeeroad also included an extra stamped metal key chain from my pinterest.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2012 02:57:16 PM »

I just received the most amazing little package of goodies from the lovely AugustBell! Each and every bit is a little treasure.  Get your Pinning fingers ready for all the goodness...

First, check out the world's cutest HP themed holiday card!  I love McGonagall, and I love the bauble hanging from the end of her wand even more.  Smiley  It is currently on my fridge where it can amuse me endlessly.

Next, and awesome paper mache ornament!  It has pages and artwork from the Sorcerer's Stone on it.  I'm pretty sure you can read it in the photograph, but just in case you can't, aside from the background text, it says "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."  Since my house is too small and cramped to set up a tree this year, I decorated my mantle instead, and this is up there hanging from some garland.  Cheesy

Here's a view at an angle so you can see that the rim is covered in red glitter.

Next is a wonderful homemade goody, Lemon Infused Sugar!  I absolutely adore gifts from the kitchen, so I was thrilled to see this.  I'm actually enjoying a cup of tea with some of the sugar in it right now.  Cheesy

And do you know what I'm enjoying that tea in?  In my second favorite handmade mug, with a beautiful new Essence of Dittany mug cozy on it!  AugustBell had asked me what a dream gift would be, and I said a mug cozy for my very favorite mug, which I keep at work.  It's so cold there that my tea cools down way to fast.  I had been dreaming of a sweet little cozy to keep it warm, and she imagined something 10 times more wonderful than I ever could have.  I can't wait to take it in with me tomorrow and put it on it's intended recipient!

How adorable is that?!?!  And as if all those wonderful goodies weren't enough, she also included a little box of tea and chocolate.  So yes, the mug is currently full of Irish Breakfast with Lemon Infused Sugar.

Thank you so very much AugustBell!  I adore my new cozy, and it is absolutely beautifully crafted.  What a wonderful way to start the holidays!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 03:02:23 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
AugustBell
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2012 03:03:37 PM »

Awww shucks! You are so sweet Jennie! I'm so happy you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2012 03:06:54 PM »

Here's a couple more pictures of the chocolate frog

THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2012 03:11:45 PM »

Love the frog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbinalong
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2012 03:12:59 PM »

I *also* received from AugustBell today, and what a great package it was!

First up, group shot -

A fabulous Fred and George card!

With their set of sweaters (I have to say I'm in awe of everyone's skills in making these tiny sweaters, it's just amazing).

The Boy Who Lived ornament - it's too cute, I love how you layered the pictures and words.

Fawkes for my tree - there are no words for how much I love this guy - He's so adorable, the phoenix is my favorite magical creature.

Last, but not least, a box full of Hershey's mint chocolate -

Thank you so much, AugustBell, as always, it's so fun to swap with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2012 03:19:44 PM »

I love both packages from AugustBell, but I especially like how you made the cards! Very cute. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Bobbysgirl
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2012 03:47:00 PM »

That chocolate frog looks good enough to eat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2012 04:16:52 PM »

Love that chocolate frong, teag!

Wow, AugustBell!  You sure have some lucky partners!  Awesome packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2012 06:25:44 PM »

I saw packages were received from AugustBell, and immediately remember I didn't get the mail today!!!!  Oh, I checked a few times and nothing.  Full of hope, I dashed out in the cold and ta-da magically there was now mail!  YAY!!!!  I received a wondrous package from AugustBell too!  I'll get pics of my package up tomorrow.  Kiss AugustBell, your package has made my evening! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rihanna & Kanye West Rock The Urban Skirt: VIBE VIXEN Style Profile
How to Make Your Own Feathered Skirt
Katy Perry and Zoe Saldana Shine In Nudes At Trevor Project Red Carpet
Celeb Street Style: Halle Berry, Gwen Stefani and Victoria Beckham Stylish
How to Match Wellies to Your Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...