A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,803
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feather Your Nest Swap Gallery  (Read 5661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Petunia0384
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005 06:59:11 PM »

Okay, I finally remembered to post pics. Smiley  I'm glad you like the beachy theme, because I got a little carried away with it..lol.

Here's what I got from Terin:

The pizza pan/cookie sheet is covered in fabric and glitter with a hanger on the back.  The little tins on it (and there are more than I took a picture of) are magnetic, so they can attach and be a storage system.  The marble magnets have pictures of drinks, which I love!

My cat going crazy over one of the mice, haha.

Thanks for everything. Smiley  The storage idea was especially cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
allfalldown
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005 07:51:34 PM »

hey!

i got my camera fixed, so i just wanted to post what i got from paradisecrane.

a bulletin board with clay tacks

pillowcase w/ a pocket

striped pillowcase

a painting with sequins, etc.

thank you so much, anna.  everything is lovely. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 03:49:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ParanoidEv
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005 05:10:16 AM »

Ohhh nice items. I'm especially fond of the hanging tins  Grin
I hope to finish my package today so I can mail it tomorrow. Yes I know I am late  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put your hay on the ground and your sexy legs in the air! You have the right to remain wheeking for pellets!
terin
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005 08:04:20 AM »

also, that 'beach' frame will look so cute with a photo from your next trip to the beach.
Yes, and that should be soon!  Fingers crossed for no hurricanes to the Gulf Coast in the next couple weeks!

Yeah, I made a 'test mouse' and my cat promptly destroyed it through repeated attacks over a couple of days.  (That's why I sent two!)

I'm so glad you liked everything and thanks for a great 1st swap experience.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005 06:15:54 PM »

I know my partner (Dooney) got the package I sent--- I'm glad you liked it!  Was so nervous--- I'd crafted about a dozen different things- and then realized they weren't cohesive or were impractical to send out (the welder was put away for this one...)  So this is what I sent:

And the note that I wanted to include (totally forgot to tuck it in there) read:

So I went with the Gorey thing--- Kinda re-discovered Gorey through this swap, was really cool- thank you for that!

The glass is a painted Gorey cartoon from his alpha series--- I checked it out- and a toothbrush will stand nicely segregated in the corner.  Shocked)

The prints are from scans I cleaned up and recolored (to get some light blue and darker grays in there.)  Theyre on archival rag papers with archival inks and matting--- should make it a while!  (Tried to go with both a bathroom & a crafty theme there)

And the topiaries are a nod to Burton- Kind of a mini-home edition of Edward Scissorhands  Plus, since they saw mine, Ive had to make topiaries for all my friends places--- figure everyone needs em 

Whats that smell?  Um  The tissue papers scented.  Its frankincense and pepperwood- Theres a few extra sheets tucked in there in case you like it (Its my favorite- I fold my sweaters with a sheet before putting them away for the winter--- they come out awesome when the cold weather hits and I have to break em back out.)

Hope you arent disappointed!  I must have started and had to scrap about 3 or 4 different things--- Id get a good start on something and go, Oh shit- I have to order more glass or This isnt gonna mail without freight!

Enjoy!  This has been super-fun!!!!

-Thom.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 03:49:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005 10:26:17 PM »

oh my gosh thommoose, everything you made is Fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thommoose
Moose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2005 06:55:06 AM »

Thanks Kat-
I definitely have to bone up on my embroidery so it doesn't take me a year-and-a-day to do a tea towel before my next swap! ((stupid Virgo tendencies = lots of yanking of stitches...))
On the upside- I did order all the extra glass I was lookin' for- so now I've got plenty to play around with *grins wide.*
This was sooo much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

Petunia0384
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2005 12:51:37 PM »

also, that 'beach' frame will look so cute with a photo from your next trip to the beach.
Yes, and that should be soon!  Fingers crossed for no hurricanes to the Gulf Coast in the next couple weeks!

Yeah, I made a 'test mouse' and my cat promptly destroyed it through repeated attacks over a couple of days.  (That's why I sent two!)

I'm so glad you liked everything and thanks for a great 1st swap experience.

You definitely have a new friend in Starlight!  I have to hide it from her at night so she'll let me get some sleep, hahaha.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Smiley  I had a good time too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2005 09:59:59 AM »

first of all, thom, the tissue paper smells fantastic. i didn't realize that's what it was, and i needed packing material for your box, so you got a little bit back. every time i walk in my apartment now, it smells so fresh and mmmm...

the toothpaste murder is already hanging in the bathroom, and the pincushion affair will hang by my sewing niche when my husband gets a nail up there.

the topiaries are really neat, i didn't catch the edward scissorhands vibe but now that i think about it, i love them even more.

and gosh, your stuff makes my stuff seem like summer camp arts&crafts. hope you don't hate it.

I must have started and had to scrap about 3 or 4 different things
me too. totally. most of them, i'm embarrassed to admit, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thommoose
Moose

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2005 10:09:43 AM »

LOL!
the topiaries are really neat, i didn't catch the edward scissorhands vibe but now that i think about it, i love them even more.

I'm so glad you like!!!!  You should have seen me with the topiaries--- I sat there with the ES dvd on freezeframe- with me trying to figure out/fill in to make a topiary dinosaur/hairdo/puppies/owls/and then finally (and about 3 bags of moss later- I realized that I'm just a geometric kinda guy...  I musta vaccuumed more moss bits than I stuck (In fact, I know I did.)  LOL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Olivia
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Daniela
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Carly
How to Makeover Your Work Wardrobe
Pulling Off a Glamorous Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...