A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Medieval/Renaissance Swap Gallery  (Read 5587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onthinice
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2005 04:58:31 AM »

Just a quick note as I don't have much time atm: I got my package and I love it! Thanks, Guin! PS. the scarf is supposed to be a scarflet; the flowers fasten it. It's supposed to be a posy to protect you from the plague. Smiley

Hahaha!  If only such things worked.  The scarflet sounds wonderful, and I cannot wait to see the plague-fighting posy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Writer78
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2005 05:45:21 AM »

Duckie, you are wicked-cool.  A plague-fighting scarf??  I think that's one of the best swap-themed ideas I've heard!!

And just to let everyone know, now that Duckie's package has arrived, this swap is officially done!!  THANK YOU for a flake-free, fabulous swap, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pegacorn
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2005 07:44:13 PM »

Okay, I finally took pictures of the great stuff Wasabipeasrule sent me  Cheesy

My new fab stuff includes: a pirate hat, an alquerque board with scroll instructions, and a clay cross.

Close up of the cross.

Thanks Wasabipeasrule!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 09:40:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
guinthegoodwitch
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2005 10:10:03 PM »

Just a quick note as I don't have much time atm: I got my package and I love it! Thanks, Guin! PS. the scarf is supposed to be a scarflet; the flowers fasten it. It's supposed to be a posy to protect you from the plague. Smiley
I am glad you liked everything Duckie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2005 05:39:12 AM »

Pegacorn, I love your stuff.  W-peas, if we do a round 2, I may have to assign you to myself as partner!!  You are truly talented, my dear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2005 02:51:49 PM »

I've been moving....chaos abounds....
anyway....here's some pics I took of what I sent GOTHMOM

The pendant (I don't know what it is either) was done with a mold taken from women's broach from the 18th century. This was my third piece of jewelery ever. I wasn't sure what to make since my original idea proved to be too time consuming. August is Faire time here so I headed to the Faire for inspiration and found a vendor who lived in my area who was willing to help me make a piece of jewelery. I'd already taken a jewelery course in high school so I knew the basics. The one I sent was my third attempt and the first one that worked. It was a lot of fun and I made a new Faire friend. I also sent to coins that I had left from Faire cuz I thought they were neat and I knew I'd lose them in the move anyway. There's a guy at our Faire who pounds the coins out during the Faire in an (almost) accurate way. Has different molds that Faire go-ers can choose. I meant to take a picture of it to send but forgot the camera.

Anyway, it was fun for my first swap! In the future, I won't join a swap while I'm moving or starting a new job. Thanks Writer-78 for doing this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
Writer78
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2005 03:52:02 PM »

Spaz!   Shocked  That is just amazing!!  I swear, I want to climb through the screen and take it.  You really took care of Gothmom, didn't you!

I'm very happy that you joined in on the swap!!  One lesson I learned is - don't have a faire swap during faire season!!  People are BUSY GOING TO FAIRES!

So I'm thinking that, in a couple of months, perhaps we can have a Ren Faire Swap or a Ren Faire Favor Swap, in which you design a favor that represents you, and you send to two or three other people, and you get to wear their favors next season.  It would be a way of extending the fun into the winter months while faires are generally out of season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2005 08:34:20 PM »

Wow, spaz2phreek, that pendant is cool!  Not having taken any jewelry classes, I have no idea of how you did that.  Very impressive.  I am in awe....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You Can Do What with Double-Sided Tape?
Celebrity Stylist Phillip Bloch Talks About Super Bowl Fashion
4 Cool Ways to Incorporate a Beanie Into Your Outfit
Altuzarra Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Interviews & Runway
3 Cool Ways to Wear 1 Plaid Top
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...