A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 40 - Yule Present Swap - signups to Nov 17 sendouts Dec 11  (Read 14388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012 07:48:17 PM »

While I'm done with my swap except for 2 details and the edible (which I need to stand to make, and pregnant-me-back does not allow it tonight), I can't get this sad cloud off my head.
We were looking into buying a home, and we met we a financial consellor today. Turns out it won't be possible, not with the price the houses are where we want to buy are expensive. The one we found we liked was 319k, and it was a condo! It's crazy!

So we'll have to seek for another appartment. It saddens me a lot...But at least now I know that I will birth this baby here, 2 weeks before moving. I don't know if it's comforting or not!

Magazine- It made me think of Magasin Gnral (the old store that had everything, but not in tons of copies like supermarket). We still use the word Magasin for boutiques and shops.

Wulf- I kind of like the tree that way. I thought of buying pom-pom (we're out of them) to decorate it, my daughter loves them. But which 4yr old doesn't?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
monnie31
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2012 03:44:46 AM »

I sent yesterday
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2012 10:35:49 AM »

you are right Wulf..(I think) it is magazine road, because of the army barracks across the road...!

useless fact of the day from the glorious interwebs: Magazine 1580s, "place for storing goods, especially military ammunition," from M.Fr. magasin "warehouse, depot, store" (15c.), from It. magazzino, from Arabic makhazin, pl. of makhzan "storehouse" (cf. Sp. almacn "warehouse, magazine"), from khazana "to store up." The original sense is almost obsolete; meaning "periodical journal" dates from the publication of the first one, "Gentleman's Magazine," in 1731, which was so called from earlier use of the word for a printed list of military stores and information, or in a figurative sense, from the publication being a "storehouse" of information.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2012 10:43:15 AM »

No luck finding pom-poms. Can you beleive it? I thought I was a basic of any craft stores...

This week I finally got a rendez-vous at the dentist for the very painful abssessed teeth that was paining me for months. Turns out the teeth was damaged beyond repair (cracked in two!) and the only way was extraction. I spent yesterday in pain but today is okay. It's very weird having a whole there, but the swelling pain of the huge absess is gone, at last. I didn't want x-ray because I'm pregnant (and don't want them when I'm not!) and the dr. was very respectful of that, even before he checked in my mouth. When he did, he said he didn't need them anyway, that's how bad my teeth was.

One of my post on our december tradition is up :http://naturalkidsteam.com/wordpress/2012/12/december-traditions-pagan-yule

I still couldn't get my head around making the edible. Will do today or tomorrow and send tomorrow or the day after that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
whileitsraining
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2012 10:39:28 AM »

Wow that is strange Maman! The dollar stores here even carry them, and alot of times even in the seasonal colors!  I finished the packaging today for my give except for the end that I need to leave open until the gift is inside...I just had a brainstorm and had to make sure it would work  Cheesy

Wulf -  I also have one item that is really a little to large to wrap and have it arrive still wrapped, is it ok to send it without wrapping? I can put tissue around it, but even that will probably have punctures and tears.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 02:09:18 PM by whileitsraining » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2012 12:09:54 PM »

Oh no! I forgot we had to wrap it. At least it's not sent yet!
I underestimated the pain the extract teeth would cause. I'm "behind" in my crafting projects, and didn't find the courage to walk to the PO. Luckily there's still some more days left before the SO.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 12:12:29 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2012 04:27:43 PM »

I think I am ready to pack up and sent. I think I need to find a different box though, though I don't know if a flat rate box would be better or just any box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2012 05:44:15 PM »

I have about half of my large done and need to start another part.  Good thing it's the weekend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2012 07:16:42 PM »

I also have one item that is really a little to large to wrap and have it arrive still wrapped, is it ok to send it without wrapping? I can put tissue around it, but even that will probably have punctures and tears.

I read through this a couple of times and still didn't understand what you meant. "You can't send things through the mail without wrapping them," I thought. Then I read Maman's following post and realized I'd forgotten about the gift-wrapping too! Yes, of course it's okay to send something un-wrapped if it's too pointy and would tear through the wrapping.

Odd about the lack of pompoms, Maman. And it's not just four-year olds that love them - I do too!

Monnie wins the prize for first in the mail, and I'm off to set up the Gallery. I was hoping to finish up today, but I didn't, so I'll probably send on Sunday.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2012 07:42:41 PM »

Gallery is up! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417674.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tips: How To Pull Of A Faux Bob
How to Make Your Blowout Last
Summer Hair Trend: Sun Kissed Hair Color
How to Do a Hair Knot
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Plaited Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...