A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 40 - Yule Present Swap - signups to Nov 17 sendouts Dec 11  (Read 14325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monnie31
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012 04:04:02 PM »

i was at the courthouse stuck in jury today today from 7:45-2. And as I was gathering my stuff to put in the box and mail before 4, i realized there was something i wanted to wash before doing so. So if I can't make it there today I will send tomorrow.

And i received last night, but still haven't opened it. I love to savor the moment when i do.

Come on - I wanna know what you think.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2012 05:06:08 PM »

It sounds like you had a good day, Andréann, in spite of the lousy weather! And Lexy, that must be some sort of record for cross-continent parcel shipping. Did you send it Express or something, Monnie?

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012 03:16:32 AM »

Nope, regular post, my friend in Ontario got hers in 2 days - it was weird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012 05:33:02 AM »

I have an hypothesis: they wait until their "place"box is full to ship it. At that time of the year, maybe the place's boxes get full quickier Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012 04:09:58 PM »

I have an hypothesis: they wait until their "place"box is full to ship it. At that time of the year, maybe the place's boxes get full quickier Smiley

That's entirely possible. Our postal clerk explained that that's exactly why overseas mail can take as long as six or seven weeks or as little as one. They don't ship the container until it's full, so if your parcel is one of the last on it will sail within a few days. But if a new one has just been started, you have to just sit there until enough other mail has followed yours. And if the container is over-full, they will sometimes send the excess by air, which is why sometimes things will get to Europe in only a couple of days!

Thanks to everyone who's sent. I hope your wee one is feeling better soon, Andréann, so you can get out from under him and out of the house!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2012 09:58:11 AM »

We were able to get out today! My son is going well Smiley I also mailed the things for my niece and nephew. Two things done!

This PO is the worst ever!! I hate it! It's in a drugstore...right at the end of the shop, at the end of the TOY and CANDY aile. Then, in front of the PO desk, there's an entire wall of greeting cards.

The ladies that works there get so annoyed at my kids, THEY are annoying! "She shouldn't be touching that!" "there cards every where now!!!" (one card on the floor...c'mon!)... Why can't my kids be kids outside of my house? They suddenly have to behave like little adults. Well they're not! They will touch every candy bars at their eye level asking me to buy it while I try to fill the costum papers. No, they don't quietly stay next to me likes well trainned dogs. ugh. And I get reprimanded for using their tape...what kind of PO is it?

Sorry... It looks like I always have something negative to say this round! I really need some holidays in the family. Feeling alone gets on my moral.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2012 06:16:46 PM »

I liked post offices a lot better when they were large government buildings with high ceilings, terrazzo floors, and lots of room for kids to run around without hurting anything. (Except occasionally themselves. Cry) But I'm glad to hear the little pixie is feeling better.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2012 09:58:45 AM »

I came home from the supermarket this morning and found two large packages sitting in my porch, one of which was from MamanTattoo! Canada Post must be working overtime this week to get things delivered so fast.

I'm going to wait until Yule to unwrap and post the goodies inside, though. It's less than a week away - I can hold out that long.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2012 11:04:05 AM »

I cannot wait to see the goodies from this round..I am so getting back into WWP in the new year

Well it seems that the goodies are flowing this december...I got a house...and now a new man in my life..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2012 02:34:10 PM »

I cannot wait to see the goodies from this round..I am so getting back into WWP in the new year

Well it seems that the goodies are flowing this december...I got a house...and now a new man in my life..

I fear I will be on hiatus for a bit in the new year - babies tend to take up alot of time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Getting More Out of Lightroom 2
Clarity Setting in Lightroom 2
How to Perform Local Correction in Lightroom 2
Learn About Hue/Saturation in Lightroom 2
How to Use The Develop Module in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...