A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,186
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 40 - Yule Present Swap - signups to Nov 17 sendouts Dec 11  (Read 14328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Witchhippie
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012 05:11:41 AM »

I really like that idea!! Is the tree just made of paper? Do you have a particular store that you tell your kids about? Sorry for all the questions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012 09:59:32 AM »

I've cheated, it's a styrofoam cone (there was no paper ones...) and the rest is construction paper. My 4yr old did all the cutting, and I glued with hot glue gun. the 2 yr old did the messing around with craft supplie part.... you should see the room! a total mess...!

They are not old, so I keep it REALLY simple. I just tell them that the Sun is born on the Solstice and that the day will grow longer from that point. I also explained the triple goddess to my daughter this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012 12:27:24 PM »

I love that nativity, that is amazing...

good news..the house all checks out..it is going to be mine...yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012 02:18:22 PM »

Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012 05:58:50 PM »

Edel! So thrilled to hear about your bigger-and-cheaper house! It won't have the wonderful street address of the first one, unfortunately, but it's yours! Serves the bank right for wasting so much time - they end up making less money off of you for it. I'll start stockpiling House Blessing materials. When do you take possession?

Maman, I love the Nativity scene. (When I was little my mother always called it a crche, even though she didn't speak a word of French otherwise. I wonder why.) And the tree is very sweet, too. It's great that the kids made it themselves (in spite of the resulting mess.) Will there be more ornaments on it?

There's a series of very lovely Pagan children's books called "Rupert's Tales" by Kyrja Withers and Tonia Bennington. http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/familyandparenting/fr/Review-Ruperts-Tales-The-Wheel-Of-The-Year.htm I don't know what the age for them would be - maybe 7 or 8 years old?

And sorry to hear about your rotten roof (and even more rotten landlord), Rosie. I hope you'll find a nice little place to move to until you can buy your own. For the past year or two, our roof has been so worn and broken-up it looked like something on a haunted house. It didn't ever leak, but every time the rain came down I held my breath. Finally this fall we gave in and had a new steel roof put on. Now when I wake up to heavy rain in the morning, like today, I don't worry about it anymore.

I've been having trouble with my "large" item - I really don't like how it's turning out - so I've been ignoring it. And today I thought of a really great thing that I can work on instead. That doesn't solve the main problem, of course, but at least it buys time.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012 07:07:07 PM »

That's funny you mentioned Rupert's Tales" by Kyrja Withers. I personally know her. As a matter of fact she is going camping this week (Thurday- Sunday) for Yule like it. She always puts on a children's work shop at the festivals. You should you tube her and her house. She is a very interesting person.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012 08:58:00 PM »

I've been wanting to buy that/those books, but somehow the fact that Mariann isn't very good at English yet hold be back. They look so sweet!

I'm almost done with my large item. I should say huge, in fact! (you better like it!) I'm done with another big and I still have a little extra on mind. I wanted to make an edible item and this will have to wait until I send, which is probably soon. I can still think of some extras but I guess if I'm ready to send by then I'll save them for another time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012 05:08:29 AM »

Edel! So thrilled to hear about your bigger-and-cheaper house! It won't have the wonderful street address of the first one, unfortunately, but it's yours! Serves the bank right for wasting so much time - they end up making less money off of you for it. I'll start stockpiling House Blessing materials. When do you take possession?
Wulf

The new address is not too bad either, (although not as charming as the first one).. it is "8 Percy cottages, Magazine road".. the house is over a hundred years old. I checked the census records of 1911 (irish census records of 1911 and 1901 are online and searchable btw..if anyone has irish ancestry) and there was a family of three people living there in 1911..Dad, mam and baby girl..interestingly Mothers name was Elizabeth (which is my second name) and the daughters name was Eileen (which is my daughters second name!!)..I just need to find a man with a second name of Harry!...Contracts will close on my daughters birthday, which is the US presidents inauguration day 20 january..

happy days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012 06:45:03 PM »

That's funny you mentioned Rupert's Tales" by Kyrja Withers. I personally know her. As a matter of fact she is going camping this week (Thurday- Sunday) for Yule like it. She always puts on a children's work shop at the festivals. You should you tube her and her house. She is a very interesting person.  Grin

How cool!  Crafty note, I know exactly what I am making and what I need to get to finish it.   Grin

Congrats on the house EdelC
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2012 07:38:27 PM »

You should you tube her and her house. She is a very interesting person.  Grin

Any time anyone suggests looking up someone's house on Youtube, I'm intrigued! It's going on my list of things to check out, for sure. I learned of Kyrja Withers from an interview with her on the Pagan Heart in Maine podcast earlier this year.

"Magazine Road"! Of course when we hear "magazine" we think "People" or "Vogue", but I'm sure the road originally led to an ammunition magazine. But it's charmingly odd nonetheless!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair
How to Keep Your Hair Silky and Smooth in Humidity
How to Prevent Frizzy Curls in Humidity
How to Take Out Braids
How to Do a Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...