A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SCANDINAVIANS  (Read 12664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

decibel
« on: July 01, 2005 12:38:50 PM »

Hey you crafty Nordic kids, I know you're out there! Smiley

I just read Melladh's post about the Stockholm Street market and started to think: Wouldn't it be nice with a SCANDINAVIAN board here? Isn't it time for us to unite and let the rest of the wondrous craft nerd world know that we too are alive and craftin'? Cheesy

Do you guys think it'd be good/useful/fun to have a specific Scandinavian folder/forum at all? (Like the ITALY or TURKEY ones...)

There are some threads on similar topics already...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36085.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39148.0

Wouldn't it be cool to have one Scandinavian little corner of Craftster? The more the merrier:

We could do swaps easier (less expensive and much faster), maybe start a Stitch 'n Bitch, help eachother out getting in touch with consignment stores across our countries and so on. We could do, or even organize, craft-fairs. And give tips on craft stores and events in our specific cities.

Maybe we could start some traditionally Scandinavian craft-alongs. Just so the traditional techniques get a bit modernized and healthily experimented with, and won't be forgotten about. Example: I'm thinking about trying to do some punk-y Kurbits-painting (folk art) on clothes, in not-so-traditional color schemes... Cool It would be easier and more fun if someone else would embark on that at the same time so we could help eachother out.

I'll stop my rambling here Cheesy just got so excited thinking about all the fun...

Hej d, vi hrs!
<3

« Last Edit: July 07, 2005 06:40:30 AM by decibel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
inkku
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005 01:08:17 AM »

I'm definitely in for a Scandinavian board! I would love to do swaps but am bit worried about those overseas shipping costs sice I'm only a studnt with very low income  Undecided So swaps inside Scandinavia would be an answer to my prayers  Grin Hopefully others will be excited too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005 11:30:58 AM »

Yeah!! Grin

It would be so cool doing some Scandinavian Swaps this fall... Now, if there would only be more people interested. Come on you guys! Cheesy

inkku - where are you from?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
shiitake
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005 09:44:15 AM »

What a good idea! It would be so nice to have a Scandinavian board here <3   I'm from Finland and I think that Inkku is too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

inkku
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005 08:18:37 AM »

Yep, I'm from Finland  Smiley Swaps would be SO nice, looking forward to ideas...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emapril
Emilisaurus

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005 09:37:16 AM »

Ooh, yes we definately need a Scandinavian board. I'm feeling kind of left out when everyone is talking about craft shops in New York and London.. What's wrong with Stockholm??  Wink

I'd love a swap! When can we start one??

Svenska hlsningar frn Emilie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005 11:07:10 AM »

I'm feeling kind of left out when everyone is talking about craft shops in New York and London.. What's wrong with Stockholm??  Wink

Well, firstly we don't really have any nifty craft shops Wink Panduro, Kreatima, a few fabric shops and one or two overly pricey bead shops... We don't have much else, do we? *sigh*
Except for Street. Street is kinda cool. I should go there on a non-rainy day, when there'll be more crafty tables.. Wink

I want a scandinavian board too! Also, I want more scandinavians to find their way down here waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy y down on the forum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
lilmissattitude
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005 03:04:55 AM »

I'm so in on a scandinavian swap....!
I live in Norway...

klemmer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadey_mcshadey

kys mig, jeg er dansk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005 03:41:09 AM »

I'm Danish Australian, but I love the idea of participating in scandinavian craftalongs. Make my people proud and all that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005 04:33:29 AM »

Hey, this is so cool! Let's do a swap already!

Though I know there are more Scandies around here on Craftster who hasn't found us yet!
<starts fire to make smoke signals> Cheesy Where are you all?

Maybe we who are already _here_ should start IM:ing everyone that's Scandinavian that we stumble upon in the forums?
Yeah girls, let's do some stalking! Right?

<sneaks away to stalk IM someone I know is Swedish>

Laters. Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sabrina Jeffries Talks About A Hellion in Her Bed
Neil Cross Talks About Natural History and Burial
Lucy Hawking Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Terry Mort Talks About The Hemingway Patrols
Meet Author Carolyn Castleberry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...