A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SCANDINAVIANS  (Read 13510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005 04:39:58 AM »

Wouldn't it work with regular ol' varnish for furniture, you guys think? Really!?
In my experience everything works with varnish. Hm. But then again - I'm quite unexperienced.
Heh heh.

Well, problem is that inkjet bleeds Smiley A LOT. It just doesn't bleed as much when you're using Royal Coat.
Examples:

The red font is a bit smudgy to begin with Wink that's not the decoupagings fault

And here's a link which I don't know how long it'll be avalible, but... I made this for the "craft my junk" swap, with decoupage
http://crushinator.melladh.com/M/bilder/craft_my_junk/cigarbox_with_girl.JPG
(the entire thing is a printout, but I "varnished" it on with decoupage, and covered it to save it)
As you can see the hair is a tiny bit brighter where I got a big drop of decoupage that I didn't bother spreading out, and you can see some tiny pink smudges next to the flowers...
(the uneven coloration of the girl is due to the printed image though, not the decoupaging)
But if you try putting something a bit alcoholic (common strong glues and varnishes) or just a drop of water, on an unprotected inkjet print, you'll see the ink bleed.
But you can always try the wallpaper glue separatly and see what it does. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Ylva
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005 07:22:40 AM »

Hall allihopa, nu har jag hittat hit med!

(I like this mixture of Swedish and english spoken here  Tongue Poor finish people!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just because I, at the moment of creation, cant see the message in my works, does not necessarily mean there is no message. - Salvador Dal
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005 07:34:38 AM »

Hall allihopa, nu har jag hittat hit med!

(I like this mixture of Swedish and english spoken here  Tongue Poor finish people!)

Litteraly speaking, finland isn't included in "scandinavia", only sweden, norway and denmark are. And denmark is cutting it pretty short, not actually being in the range of the scandes. *having a besserwisser day*
But there isn't a good english word for "norden", which would include finland and iceland...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2005 07:47:05 AM »

Hej, I am of Swedish/Danish (also English and Irish, but mostly Svenska) heritage.  I am an American though.  Does that count?

I took Swedish classes a few years ago but haven't used it lately beyond "Tack!", "Det var inget", "Jag alskar dig" (to my husband) and letting loose a string of swear words so no one else at work knows how foul my language is. Cheesy  But I will do my best to keep up!

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chibibotto
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2005 07:29:29 AM »

here's another swede! just so you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2005 07:55:34 AM »

Helsingborg isn't really Sweden *laughs*
I'm just teasing, totally gunpoint moment Wink

AndreaLH it can count enough here I think Wink it'll count even more if you visit scandinavia too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

m8888888
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005 07:44:26 AM »

Hej! I'm American, too, but I live in Sweden. I'm in Lund I mean Malm! I just moved this weekend, & I have to get used to saying Malm still! Anyone else in Skne?? Who's from Helsingborg?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Favorite moment of the year?  That commercial when m8888888 dropped her towel and jumped naked into the arms of Tony Danza.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005 12:06:45 PM »

Who's from Helsingborg?!

chibibotto according to her user info Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiram
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005 03:32:37 AM »

Litteraly speaking, finland isn't included in "scandinavia", only sweden, norway and denmark are. And denmark is cutting it pretty short, not actually being in the range of the scandes. *having a besserwisser day*
But there isn't a good english word for "norden", which would include finland and iceland...  Undecided
It is true that Scandinavia strictly speaking excludes e.g. Finland, but there is a a useful English term. "The Nordic countries" include Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, The Faroes (Faroe Islands), land and Greenland.

* Tiram is Norwegian, BTW:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The knuckles! The horrible knuckles!
Gierma
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2005 03:47:09 AM »

A good word for Norden would be "The Nordic countries". This would also include iceland, and greenland I reckon.

Anyway. I would love a scandinavian board. Even thought I'm currently not located in The nordic countries. I'm in London, but I'm Swedish. I've just lived over here for the last 4-5 years.

More scandi stuff I recon would be good...then I would know where and what to look for when I go to visit the family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Complimentary Color Pairings
How to Create an Element of Visual Design
How to Imply Image Depth
How to Photograph in Infra Red.
How to Use Positive and Negative Space
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...