A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SCANDINAVIANS  (Read 13425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Minx
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005 04:20:27 AM »

Yey, we need that!

We could exchange info of what to use as substitute when we can't find mod podge, polyurethan or resin here. Wich by the way is unfair beyond belief.

And by the way, Decibel, hola buksyrran!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005 04:52:43 AM »

There is "resin" here, but look and ask for "gjutplast", mod podge is common decoupage stuff, look at panduro for that there's a brilliant one called "royal coat decoupage finish", and plyurethan I just don't know what it is Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
decibel
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005 03:34:23 PM »

Yey, we need that!

We could exchange info of what to use as substitute when we can't find mod podge, polyurethan or resin here. Wich by the way is unfair beyond belief.

And by the way, Decibel, hola buksyrran!

Oh, M you bad girl you! Wink

Nice to see you around though... Long time no see... And all that.
By the way: it's totally all your fault that I'm hanging around here for hours and hours every day. You're good!

När ses vi? Fika? Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Minx
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005 10:55:37 PM »

Melladh: yey at the resin, now i need gjutplast and ice cube trays. *sob* at the mod podege though, I've bought the roal coat, and I didnt really like it. Any idea of where to ask for gjutplast? Or atleast where it might be cheapest Wink

J, not as bad as you, sweetie!
Yes, I remember that. Now when I started lurking here again I was on the look-out for you. But I've mostly looked through the crafty housewares section, I want to attack my furniture!

Teatersport anytime soon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005 04:04:57 AM »

Melladh: yey at the resin, now i need gjutplast and ice cube trays. *sob* at the mod podege though, I've bought the roal coat, and I didnt really like it. Any idea of where to ask for gjutplast? Or atleast where it might be cheapest Wink

I love royal coat, but I think panduro has some mod podge as well now, don't they? Only in very tiny bottles...
I don't know about the gjutplast really  Undecided Maybe you should look for places where they sell miniature stuff, like model trains (some use gjutplast to imitate water)
Maybe there's some at bauhaus or clas ohlssons even. Smiley
I really don't know, I just know the name 'cause my dad exclaimed "ah gjutplast, det brukade jag göra nyckelringar med när jag var ung" when he saw a resin thingy I got in a swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005 04:06:32 AM »

from a quick googling of gjutplast:
"Gjutplasten är ett kapitel för sig. Både plasten och härdaren har för begränsad hållbarhet, varför färghandlarna och hobbybutiker inte lagerför den. Du kan beställa gjutplast och härdare från "Huggets Färg" i Göteborg: tel 031-14 18 14 och 031-14 46 14. De har alltid färsk plast i lager och skickar snabbt mot postförskott. Ett halvt kilo plast med härdare kostar cirka 150:- kronor + frakt. Större kvantiteter är förhållandevis billigare."
don't know how old that is though

I also noticed that http://www.slojd-detaljer.com/ have gjutplast, but they have a minimum order of 300SEK and I don't know how much they take for "expediering"  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005 04:13:18 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minx
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005 05:33:04 AM »

What is it you like about it? I did some coasters, just to try it out. However i will need to lacquer them, since they still are sticky. And when i put hot mugs on them the finish get rings. So I could just have used normal glue to make it stick to the surface, and then lacquer for the top. What function has the royal coat then? Except being expensive *s*

Imitate water? Thats great info! I play boardgames (almost) every Tuesday, and in the room next to where we are there are a whole bunch of, um, tabletoppers? You know the big, beardy men/boys that create miniature battlescenes and then fight eachother. Very crafty. They will know, for sure. Thanks Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005 12:27:45 PM »

You mean games workshop or something more serious? Grin

I like royal coat 'cause it's simple. Never had any trouble with it being sticky - it dries in about an hour for me. Maybe you use too thick layers Wink It's both varnish and glue, and most of all: it doesn't make my inkjet prints bleed  Shocked I've decoupaged inkjet printed stuff.. some smudge a tiny bit.. but it's nothing compared to most others I've seen.
I wouldn't use it for the top of coasters though.. Wink maybe the bottom of glass coasters..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005 12:54:40 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minx
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005 12:09:54 AM »

As serious as a bunch of grown ups sitting in a basement, drinking lots of sweetened beverage and hollering at eachother when someone places a few plastic trains wrong can get   Roll Eyes   Grin

And I do use to thick layers, and then I assumed I used to thin... So thats what it does, keep things unsmudged. I'm about to do a piece of furniture in decoupage (it will be gorgeous when it's done, but I'm not sure it ever will, so much work!), and I've been thinking that i will use wallpaper glue. But I will only use print outs, so maybe thats not possible. Darn, the price of it would get so much higher then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005 12:27:41 AM »

Wouldn't it work with regular ol' varnish for furniture, you guys think? Really!?
In my experience everything works with varnish. Hm. But then again - I'm quite unexperienced.
Heh heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Delicious and Healthy Spring Rolls Right at Home
Easy, Healthy Lettuce Wrap Recipe
How to Make Diane Ladd’s Southern Japanese Tofu Dish
Give Shrimp Pad Thai a Soba Noodle Twist the Haylie Duff Way
How to Make Sunny Anderson’s Quick Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...