This is my first real sewing project using a machine, and I'm pretty proud of it.
I actually remembered to take before pics of this one (albeit blurry ones)
This was actually a pair of slightly longer than knee-length shorts I used to wear when I was still in uni. But a couple of years and some weight gain later, I could not even zip up the side any more. (These before pics are embarrassing, gosh)
I ripped the seams out of the inner seam and sewed the fronts and the backs together. Did these with french seams because that's how the original seam was and I decided I had to do it. I admit that the seams aren't as neat as the original, but at least I did them.
I used the original hem and hiked it up since there was more width to it at the lower end. I decided how long I wanted to make it and chopped off the excess up top. I put back the pocket into the right side seam. I was going to reuse the zipper, but realized that I wasn't up to measuring and being accurate about it. So I decided to just fold down the top and put garter in.
I just proved to myself that sewing with a machine isn't so hard and, ohmigod, it was so worth it shelling out the money to get a basic one because of the time saved and I no longer have to put up with all the needle pricks from handsewing everything.
(Just one last pic)