A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zine swap Gallery!  (Read 4831 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012 04:06:17 PM »

I received this great zine from Angelicus, titled Live Adventurously.

the zine is marvelously conversational, I really like the chatty quality of it, and it feels very personal. 

The page with the instructions for maing a necklace also includes a package of things to make it!  very cool.  I never would have thought of that.  I look forward to finding time to try this.

And finally the last page is a beautiful drawing with a wonderful quote that I have always liked.

Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
elyxandra
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012 04:30:42 PM »

The snowy bears are enjoying the Pug Love zine from lancmaltby

Little bear is picking which zine to read next!

Thank you to all of my partners for all your hard work. I love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012 05:19:07 PM »

aww that's so cute!

I received another great zine, this one from LovelyMiss.

it's really visually great, the design of the pages is fantastic.

my favourite is the last page with space and the crafty surprise!  great ideas.

thanks so much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012 05:59:43 PM »

received my final zine, a great square zine from goddessgarb full of wonderful ideas of things to do!
I like that the items are written in different fonts and that it has the feeling of being stuffed full or ideas!

this page has my favourite, make or buy paper dolls!

love it, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012 08:12:22 AM »

Well. I've now received all four of my zines. I arrived back home after a trip away to find three waiting for me. I've had a flick through them all and I look forward to reading them properly.

The first zine I received was the lovely one by Yoopidu about Hawaii. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it when I was taking all the pictures but I really enjoyed all the pages about kayaking - it really feels like a completely different world for me. I also thought that the mix of type and hand written bits worked very well. It is especially relevant as I have a flight booked for the USA on the 12th December and I'm going to go travelling. Even if I don't make it to Hawaii, this certainly whetted my travelling appetite. Again, a massive apologies for not putting pictures here, as soon as I find the zine I will edit to add pictures.

I received the zine Pug Love from lancmaltby. I really like the card you used on the zine and the very high quality printing. I can definitely see this as a very good coffee table zine to add a little bit of interest. It has a very whimsical feel.

I received the zine Brain Snippets from rougeraven. I haven't had a proper chance to read it but it looks very relevant to my life as I am finding myself in need of focusing more on my creative side (I lose too much time to that frenemy the internet!) I really like bird/godies insert, it added a lot of interest to the zine.

The final zine I have to share with you today is Stuf to do... by goddessgarb. THe suggestions that I've flicked through look really fun and I like the use of diferent type settings and the hand drawings. I think that this might end up in my hand bag for whenever I need a little bit of inspiration.

Thank you to RougeRaven for organising this fantastic swap, to all the people I've received from for the fantastic zines and for all the people I sent to for being so patient with my late sending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
hayleylujah
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012 04:39:39 PM »

I'm probably the last person to be posting pics, but here they are!

The awesome "I'm Not Picky" zine by Lovely Miss. I love the cross stitch font.

It also had a surprise in the back! Which I will be using to scrapbook with.  Grin

Zine on Mandala by elyxandra, which I was super stoked about because it's kinda like an adult coloring book

Zine about Hawaii by Yoopidou. I've never been, but now I want to!

The fishy drawings were my favorite part.

And lastly, "Stuff to Do" by goddessgarb. It's so adorable and full of great ideas for boring days!

I love napping and the little drawing by it made me laugh.

Thanks for swapping with me, everyone! I loved all the zines.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012 09:56:22 PM »

The final zine I have to share with you today is Stuf to do... by goddessgarb. THe suggestions that I've flicked through look really fun and I like the use of diferent type settings and the hand drawings. I think that this might end up in my hand bag for whenever I need a little bit of inspiration.

Oh yay!  That's exactly what I had intended for it and why I made it small.   Smiley  I compiled that list from all over the 'net for a few years, for myself and others with mood issues.  I printed it out with five things per font in all of my favorite fonts, then cut them all out individually and mixed them all up and glued them on the page, old-school.  It was just like being in high school, playing with the copy machine, which I used to do alllll the time.  I even worked on the town newspaper, and back then, THAT was done with cut and paste, can you believe it?  People would buy ad space and I would look through clip art books and cut and paste little bits to design ads for them.  Crazy.  I loved it.  Anyway, then I did the little drawings on the copies, then made the final copies and sewed them up.  I'm grateful for the swap, too, because I would never have thought to do things the old-fashioned way, and it was such a neat little trip to the past for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Save an Image as a TIFF File in Photoshop CS3
How to Save an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Select Foreground and Background Colors in Photoshop CS3
How to Select Multiple Objects in Flash CS3
How to Select With a Marquee Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...