A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zine swap Gallery!  (Read 4569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RougeRaven
« on: November 04, 2012 07:11:19 PM »

We have a sender and some receivers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012 02:05:43 PM »

Found it!  Okay, that means I get to post first and spoil the surprise for the others getting this zine!  LOL!  I got my zine from Yoopidou today!  It's all about what to do in Hawaii. 

As if anyone ever needed MORE incentive to go.  LOL!  It's hand-drawn and written (mostly) and full of cute little drawings, and my favorite page is the one on her garden, which says what she planted and how it turned out.  I can't even wrap my head around planting your own pineapple, bananas, and coconuts!!!

And she included a gorgeous post card.

Thank you Yoopidou!  I'll tuck this into my bag when I finally make that dream trip to Hawaii!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012 05:08:34 PM »

He he!
I could have talked about the traffic jams, the hail that destroyed my garden in March, the pesky stingy blue man-of-war jellyfish, the price of milk or how people buy all the toilet paper, sugar and rice when a strike, a tsunami or anything is forecast, and you can't find some to buy for a few weeks after! I might for the next one...

I have reread it and I have to present you my excuses. I can't believe how many mistakes I left in it. I am not good at proofreading and neither was my proofreader.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012 05:25:03 PM »

He he!
I could have talked about the traffic jams, the hail that destroyed my garden in March, the pesky stingy blue man-of-war jellyfish, the price of milk or how people buy all the toilet paper, sugar and rice when a strike, a tsunami or anything is forecast, and you can't find some to buy for a few weeks after! I might for the next one...

I have reread it and I have to present you my excuses. I can't believe how many mistakes I left in it. I am not good at proofreading and neither was my proofreader.

Eh, who cares about the mistakes.  And I think it would be AWESOME for you to do a zine on what ISN'T awesome about Hawaii!  Wow, maybe next storm you can swap for rice, toilet paper, and sugar from the mainland.  LOL!  I just moved from an Oregon coast beach house that had an unobstructed 180 degree view of the ocean, but I could do a whole zine on what was NOT right about that place, too.  Smiley  So...how much does milk cost, anyway?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
RougeRaven
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012 07:25:58 PM »

I liked the kayaking tips- did you take the photos on that page from your kayak? The water is so freakin' blue!

Yoopidu, I'm sure all of our zines will have typos  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012 05:21:28 PM »

Hello and thanks for posting some pictures. It was my first zine and there is so much I could improve...

Yes, I took the pictures from my kayak. Last week, I went on a paddle off the leeward coast, where there is no coral reef, and the ocean floor drops very quickly, very deep. It was so dark blue, it was a bit unsettling. Who knows what's lurching under?

The price of a gallon of milk at Safeway, not on sale is around $8. Thanks for Costco!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012 08:53:13 PM »

I received from yoopidu!

She made a great zine about her home state, Hawaii. She included the best places to see the sunset, where to go rock jumping, tips of how to kayak, etc. I love these fish drawings!

I also received from lancmaltby, who made an adorable mini zine featuring pugs!

I love the paper she chose to print on- it's a fine white shimmer paper so everything glimmers and has a slight metallic look to it.

She also included an adorable extra- a kit to make a small pug pincushion of her puppy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012 10:31:42 AM »

those are great and I love how totally different then are!

I received from elyxandra this fabulous bright yellow square shaped (love the shape) zine on Mandalas.
I'm a fan of mandalas.  I learned some things and really enjoyed it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012 06:15:32 AM »

Yeah!!! I received some very awesome zines in the mail yesterday from rougeraven and hayleylujah - when I got home from work it was great to have some surprises waiting for me to open!!

Let me just say these zine are SUPER AWESOME!!!!

Hayleylujah's zine is a collection of great vegan recipes ... I'm a vegetarian, so this is just way to perfect!

This looks really yummy!!!

Going to be making this for Tofurkey Day next week!!!

Thank you so much Hayleylujah!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012 06:32:48 AM »

rougeraven zine is about her journey for each month in a year to have a daily creative project. She had a list for each month what she was going to do like :: film 1 second of film each day for a month, embroider something each day and bake something each day? I love this creative journey!!! I myself have been in a creative funk so this zine was a wonderful eye opener and has got me thinking too what can I do each day to be creative!

Here is where she embroidered something each day!

She also had an envelope of goodies at the end!

Thanks so much rougeraven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012 08:35:02 AM »

I'm glad you liked the zine, lancmaltby. I had a lot of fun putting together the goody bag.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012 11:36:28 AM »

I received two fantastic zines today, both very interesting.

From Hayleylujah, I got an extensive collection of vegan recipes with yummy pictures and a very cute cover and end. It's great since I am not vegan but not very carnivorous either. I am happy to get the opportunity to try already tested vegan recipes. I had to choose two favorite pages:
the list of recipes, and there are quite a few,

and the dark chocolate ice cream. I love dark chocolate and I can't wait to try this recipe.

From Elyxandra, I got a beautiful bright yellow square mini-zine about mandalas. How clever to choose a square size for a zine about mandalas. She gives two methods to make my own mandala and how to meditate with it. I have always admired them but never found enough patience to create one. She inspired me to make my own.

Thank you elyxandra and Hayleylujah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012 12:12:40 PM »

I got my zine from lancmaltby today.  I love the puppies!  So cute, and the overall style is great. 

The back pages were my some of my favorite...I love the little polaroid photos.  And as a side note, I also love your handwriting!

Thank you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012 04:29:33 PM »

I got my cute copy of heyleylujah's vegan zine, too, and by now, you've all seen the glimmery-eyed pig cover that persuades you away from meat:

And my favorite page is the end, with the most adorable little pictures.  I mean, look at that cow!  I think it's the cutest cow I've ever seen.  And that little creature biting the celery makes me want celery soooo bad.  LOL!

Thanks, hayleylujah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012 11:37:33 AM »

I received RougeRaven's awesome and beautiful zine today.

The front and back cover, and I really like how people stitched their zine bindings.

All of the backgrounds are so neat...it must have taken forever to get everything together!

I had to show the little cut out birdie.  Smiley

Thanks, again, RougeRaven.  It's very inspiring and I love how to stayed true to cut and paste zine style. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012 11:45:24 AM »

I received Lovelymiss' beautiful and very inspirational zine. It is artfully done and highly interesting to read. You can see she put lots of thoughts into it.

it was hard to choose a favorite page. She put some motivational quotes and drew some funny cute animals.

I loved the crafty surprise in the end!

Thanks a lot, Lovelymiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012 08:09:50 PM »

I received from Hayleylujah, who made a wonderful vegan zine. I was going to post the citrus sugar cookie recipe because I love anything citrus but since that's been posted I'll add this photo-

My boyfriend can't have milk so he is always sad when I make cheesecake and he can't have any, now our problem is solved! This looks delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012 05:58:43 AM »

wow these all look amazing!  such a variety of subjects and approaches and looks, and the are all so cool.  I am deliberately not looking at the list of who is sending to me so that I'm stil surprised when I receive Smiley

I would love to try an art journal looking zine like RougeRaven's, that is really intriguing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012 09:43:02 AM »

I would love to try an art journal looking zine like RougeRaven's, that is really intriguing.

Agreed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012 05:07:40 PM »

I received the cutest mini zine from goddessgarb today!

I love the layout and different fonts.

Not to mention all the little drawings.  

Plus there was a personalized note on the back.  So sweet!  I'll definitely keep this on hand for inspiration...Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012 05:08:39 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012 08:35:09 PM »

Oh yay!  Glad you like it, LovelyMiss.  I rec'd RougeRaven's wonderful zine today too, and I'll post pictures and gush tomorrow, promise.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012 11:35:53 PM »

Thanks for all of the sweet comments guys! Putting together the zine was really simple actually. I just painted large piece of mixed media paper, then cut them down to the size of one page, printed out my text, then added the text and decorations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012 07:02:48 PM »

I got RougeRaven's art journal zine, and I love it.  It really resonates with me because like you, RougeRaven, I'm constantly examining the meaning and purpose of art in my life, struggling with my resistance, my fears, wondering if it's worth the time and money...and I love love love to see snippets, like you say, of another artist's psychological process. 

So, I really love the cover.  I am trying so hard not to be all, "Oh, she has one so I need one," about art supplies, but man...I gotta get a label maker.

And I love this spread the best for many reasons.  I love that you said 'shit', even though it was going to be shared, I love that you shared one of your art playlists, and of course I love that I got goodies.

And another spread I love, this one for the honest sharing and introspection.  I have been art journaling all day today myself, so I thought I'd hold the spread open with my 'art journaling manicure'.  Wink

Thanks, RougeRaven!  You've inspired me to do an art journal all just about my creative process.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012 10:07:23 PM »

Goddessgarb- Yay! I'm so happy you liked it, especially enough to feel moved to document your own process  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012 01:14:27 AM »

These are so AWESOME! If I hadn't been engrossed in the 12 Days of Christmas swap I would have loved to join in! Guess I'll have to wait for the next round...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012 06:05:28 PM »

I received my zine from fancybutch today! 

I couldn't choose a favorite page because they were all great, and I wanted to leave a few for other people to post.  Smiley  But I love "robot tag...graffiti rules."

And I really liked the full page image on the back cover.

Thanks, fancybutch!  It must have been a lot of work taking photos everywhere, but it turned out great!  What a fun zine project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012 09:10:37 AM »

I got my awesome zine from fancybutch! 

I've never had something like this.  My partner and I laughed at every picture.  We particularly LOVED the non-gender-specific speed dating page! 

I hope robot found a good match.  We loved the post-pigeon-gang-encounter shot, too.  LOL!  We loved it all!  This must be what the 'little visitor' swaps are like?  Now I might have to try one.  Too fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012 03:23:34 PM »

yay glad they arrived and you liked them!
Gallivanting around town with my favourite robot was a fair bit of work but also lots of fun.  The day in the park with the pigeons was hilarious, the first time I set the robot down and threw a piece of bread down I and the robot were completely swarmed with pigeons and they knocked him down and covered him!  I must have looked crazy shooing and wooing the pigeons with my toy robot and camera in the park lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012 04:35:07 PM »

I have just received Robot's random adventures from Fancybutch. The pictures are of great quality but, most important to me, this zine is hilarious.

We laughed too, especially at the speed dating partners robot tried. My husband said he should have gone for the first one, and we both wondered why he would want to date Robot Dilbert.

Robot probably founds all movies oily and sweet from his seating place!

Thank you for the smiles, Fancybutch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012 06:05:41 PM »

I am completely jealous, Fancybutch! Your robot zine is freakin' adorable. (ie. I will totally personal swap you for a copy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012 04:06:17 PM »

I received this great zine from Angelicus, titled Live Adventurously.

the zine is marvelously conversational, I really like the chatty quality of it, and it feels very personal. 

The page with the instructions for maing a necklace also includes a package of things to make it!  very cool.  I never would have thought of that.  I look forward to finding time to try this.

And finally the last page is a beautiful drawing with a wonderful quote that I have always liked.

Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elyxandra
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012 04:30:42 PM »

The snowy bears are enjoying the Pug Love zine from lancmaltby

Little bear is picking which zine to read next!

Thank you to all of my partners for all your hard work. I love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012 05:19:07 PM »

aww that's so cute!

I received another great zine, this one from LovelyMiss.

it's really visually great, the design of the pages is fantastic.

my favourite is the last page with space and the crafty surprise!  great ideas.

thanks so much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012 05:59:43 PM »

received my final zine, a great square zine from goddessgarb full of wonderful ideas of things to do!
I like that the items are written in different fonts and that it has the feeling of being stuffed full or ideas!

this page has my favourite, make or buy paper dolls!

love it, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012 08:12:22 AM »

Well. I've now received all four of my zines. I arrived back home after a trip away to find three waiting for me. I've had a flick through them all and I look forward to reading them properly.

The first zine I received was the lovely one by Yoopidu about Hawaii. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it when I was taking all the pictures but I really enjoyed all the pages about kayaking - it really feels like a completely different world for me. I also thought that the mix of type and hand written bits worked very well. It is especially relevant as I have a flight booked for the USA on the 12th December and I'm going to go travelling. Even if I don't make it to Hawaii, this certainly whetted my travelling appetite. Again, a massive apologies for not putting pictures here, as soon as I find the zine I will edit to add pictures.

I received the zine Pug Love from lancmaltby. I really like the card you used on the zine and the very high quality printing. I can definitely see this as a very good coffee table zine to add a little bit of interest. It has a very whimsical feel.

I received the zine Brain Snippets from rougeraven. I haven't had a proper chance to read it but it looks very relevant to my life as I am finding myself in need of focusing more on my creative side (I lose too much time to that frenemy the internet!) I really like bird/godies insert, it added a lot of interest to the zine.

The final zine I have to share with you today is Stuf to do... by goddessgarb. THe suggestions that I've flicked through look really fun and I like the use of diferent type settings and the hand drawings. I think that this might end up in my hand bag for whenever I need a little bit of inspiration.

Thank you to RougeRaven for organising this fantastic swap, to all the people I've received from for the fantastic zines and for all the people I sent to for being so patient with my late sending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
hayleylujah
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012 04:39:39 PM »

I'm probably the last person to be posting pics, but here they are!

The awesome "I'm Not Picky" zine by Lovely Miss. I love the cross stitch font.

It also had a surprise in the back! Which I will be using to scrapbook with.  Grin

Zine on Mandala by elyxandra, which I was super stoked about because it's kinda like an adult coloring book

Zine about Hawaii by Yoopidou. I've never been, but now I want to!

The fishy drawings were my favorite part.

And lastly, "Stuff to Do" by goddessgarb. It's so adorable and full of great ideas for boring days!

I love napping and the little drawing by it made me laugh.

Thanks for swapping with me, everyone! I loved all the zines.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012 09:56:22 PM »

The final zine I have to share with you today is Stuf to do... by goddessgarb. THe suggestions that I've flicked through look really fun and I like the use of diferent type settings and the hand drawings. I think that this might end up in my hand bag for whenever I need a little bit of inspiration.

Oh yay!  That's exactly what I had intended for it and why I made it small.   Smiley  I compiled that list from all over the 'net for a few years, for myself and others with mood issues.  I printed it out with five things per font in all of my favorite fonts, then cut them all out individually and mixed them all up and glued them on the page, old-school.  It was just like being in high school, playing with the copy machine, which I used to do alllll the time.  I even worked on the town newspaper, and back then, THAT was done with cut and paste, can you believe it?  People would buy ad space and I would look through clip art books and cut and paste little bits to design ads for them.  Crazy.  I loved it.  Anyway, then I did the little drawings on the copies, then made the final copies and sewed them up.  I'm grateful for the swap, too, because I would never have thought to do things the old-fashioned way, and it was such a neat little trip to the past for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 6/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 5/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 4/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 9/12
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...