A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ocarina of Time family  (Read 1924 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , ocarina_of_time , video_game , craft_challenge_44_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 01, 2012 06:38:57 PM »

So since Nintendo had to go proclaim the latest release in the Zelda series as the first chronologically, my husband has decided to play through all the Zelda games we have in the official order they said they go in. The kids love it. They "help" in all of them and so far "we've" played through Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and now we're on Majora's Mask. So it was no surprise when I saw baby Jo sitting naked on the floor a little over a month ago and instead saw a Goron. We'd been trying to figure out our theme this year and well, there was the answer. We decided to make all of the costumes from the Ocarina of Time so it was more cohesive. Nobody knew who we were at the trunk or treat. Bah, Mormons...

So we got "Hero Link" (as Russ calls him) on which I made the tunic (altered from a pattern), the hat, the boot toppers, the belt, and Daddy made the shield. Reference Pic

Zelda, for whom I drafted the dress, head dress, and tabard. This was my first time using the freezer-paper stencil technique and it was awesome! I am so doing this again. Reference Pic

Our "Joron" (Jo as a Goron, I know we're lame). I used the pattern for the monkey that Russ was his first Halloween, altered a little. I crocheted some hexigons and attatched them to her back. She was awesome. Refernce pic.

Ganondorf, the dark lord. G did all the leather work, I cut all the pieces and did the canvas and painting. Meh. We could have done better. Reference Pic. How did I not get a good front shot?

And me, Impa, Zelda's bodyguard and hand maid, member of the Shieka, most obscure of all 5 of us (not that we were recognized anyway but, you know...). I took some liberties with this one. Made the corset, pants, shrug, fingerless gloves, and neck piece, which is actually really comfy! There was no way to make Impa not look like a lesbian from space so I just rolled with it. Reference pic.

And, of course, we had to have matching pumpkins (triforce and Navi) and candy box. Too bad I locked my keys in the van and we didn't get to show them all off to everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012 06:33:52 AM »

LOVE! You guys look great all together!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
omgitsalisa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012 08:46:49 AM »

Nerdy families are the best! Cheesy You guys all look really awesome together and I think you chose everyone's character very well. Also there is nothing wrong with space lesbians. Hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012 10:39:25 AM »

Thanks you guys. I love being in a nerdy family, mostly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012 03:27:08 PM »

Sweet!  This is awesome.  I love all the Zelda games and so do my kids.  Great job.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012 06:03:50 PM »

Our kids do, too, Jen! We couldn't believe how many people didn't know who link was. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

samijowag
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012 10:18:55 PM »

OH MAN! i thought i had the only link on here! hahaha dang you got the whole fam huh? that's cool, looks like YOU'RE my competition...(but you already got me beat!) great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spidermom
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012 03:44:41 PM »

awesome job on all jexx!!!  you are so rad for rocking that tight little number!  truly! Grin
i can understand people not knowing who you were, but c'mon, Link?!  have these people been living in a cave for the last 25 years???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Shadows on the Wall
How to Edit with Final Cut Pro
Johnny Depp In Depth
Olivia Wilde - TRON: Legacy
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Love, Burlesque, Tangled, & King
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...