'Scuse the mass post; I'm going through some photos in a lame, half-hearted attempt at organising them, and found a bunch of clothes I'd made.
Here we go...
This was a cute little spring jacket from Emma Hardy's Making Children's Clothes
. It didn't fit for long, sadly.
My daughter is modelling a messenger bag I made for my nephew. Sadly, said nephew's father took one look at it, declared it a handbag and no son of his, etc, and banished it. I hear the nephlet has since unearthed it and uses it to carry around his toy cars, though. Heh.
Here's DD in a party dress I made from a modified Ottobre pattern. The skirt's a little longer and fuller than it should have been, to accommodate twirling preferences; and I accidentally bought fabric in a narrower width than the pattern stated, so I had to add the curved yoke thingy and do some fancy cutting to avoid running out of fabric!
And here she is wearing the apron I made for the birthday girl. It's meant to tie around the waist, not the bust, but what can I say - DH took the photo. A heavily modified version of another Emma Hardy pattern - I basically just kept her idea of a cutout neckhole and ties round the front.
I made this whole outfit for DS: the shirt before he was born, the biblet copied from one my sister sent me, the waistcoat and trousers from Ottobre.
Another waistcoat and trousies, both Ottobre. I love Ottobre! He's not unhappy in this photo, just temporarily worried that his tummy button has gone AWOL. Don't worry, he found it.
Another shirt and Ottobre shorts:
Going back in time a bit, a heavily-modified Ottobre overall pattern. These were made from the fabric of one of our groomsmen's shirts! They were big medieval-type shirts, so there was plenty of fabric to work with.
And a not-so-flattering shot of the baby in another pair - the same pattern, but much closer to the original.
And here's DD modelling the Snow White dress I made her for her fourth birthday. Naturally, the dress isn't ironed in the picture - the sleeves look better when they are. That was in May, and the dress is now distinctly worn and dingy-looking around the bottom, has been repaired twice, and is nearly too small. I'm making her a Cinderella costume for Christmas, based on the same pattern, but sized up and altered.
I'm pretty sure I've done more sewing than that recently, but that'll do for now!