A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of clothes I made for my son and daughter - pic heavy  (Read 1832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smokering
« on: November 01, 2012 12:37:57 PM »

'Scuse the mass post; I'm going through some photos in a lame, half-hearted attempt at organising them, and found a bunch of clothes I'd made.

Here we go...

This was a cute little spring jacket from Emma Hardy's Making Children's Clothes. It didn't fit for long, sadly.

My daughter is modelling a messenger bag I made for my nephew. Sadly, said nephew's father took one look at it, declared it a handbag and no son of his, etc, and banished it. I hear the nephlet has since unearthed it and uses it to carry around his toy cars, though. Heh.

Here's DD in a party dress I made from a modified Ottobre pattern. The skirt's a little longer and fuller than it should have been, to accommodate twirling preferences; and I accidentally bought fabric in a narrower width than the pattern stated, so I had to add the curved yoke thingy and do some fancy cutting to avoid running out of fabric!

And here she is wearing the apron I made for the birthday girl. It's meant to tie around the waist, not the bust, but what can I say - DH took the photo. A heavily modified version of another Emma Hardy pattern - I basically just kept her idea of a cutout neckhole and ties round the front.

I made this whole outfit for DS: the shirt before he was born, the biblet copied from one my sister sent me, the waistcoat and trousers from Ottobre.

Another waistcoat and trousies, both Ottobre. I love Ottobre! He's not unhappy in this photo, just temporarily worried that his tummy button has gone AWOL. Don't worry, he found it.

Another shirt and Ottobre shorts:

Going back in time a bit, a heavily-modified Ottobre overall pattern. These were made from the fabric of one of our groomsmen's shirts! They were big medieval-type shirts, so there was plenty of fabric to work with.

And a not-so-flattering shot of the baby in another pair - the same pattern, but much closer to the original.

And here's DD modelling the Snow White dress I made her for her fourth birthday. Naturally, the dress isn't ironed in the picture - the sleeves look better when they are. That was in May, and the dress is now distinctly worn and dingy-looking around the bottom, has been repaired twice, and is nearly too small. I'm making her a Cinderella costume for Christmas, based on the same pattern, but sized up and altered.

I'm pretty sure I've done more sewing than that recently, but that'll do for now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012 02:21:29 AM »

Ooh, you have been busy. What a shame that jacket was grown out of so quickly, it's lovely. Snow White is amazing too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Grave_13
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012 11:32:44 AM »

Lovely outfits! And that jacket you made him totally rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012 06:25:35 AM »

I LOVE everything! I'll have to check out this Ottobre you speak of.

Your kiddos are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ymotts
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012 08:39:05 AM »

I LOVE the snow white dress and the boys clothes are so cute ^_^
your kids are adorable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deeredone2
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012 10:48:35 AM »

Lovey sewing!  Would that be a turkey in the background?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smokering
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012 09:45:08 PM »

Hee! No, just a ridiculously large Black Orpington. She's called Georgia. Arial (younger Blue Orpington) and Lucida and Wingdings (two Lavender Aracaunas) are behind her.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixidance
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013 01:34:10 PM »

Everything looks great!  Those elephant overalls are the cutest Smiley  I also love the snow white dress.  Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Marbleized Manicure
How to Fix Excess Blush
How to Do a Great Gatsby Look For Halloween
Josie Maran Talks Style and Finding Her Passion
How to Do Zombie Vampire Halloween Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...