A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elmer's Master Craftster Series Round 2! - Intro to the Products & the Crafters  (Read 3257 times)
Tags for this thread: sponsored_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2012 10:47:56 AM »

We're proud to announce that once again, we've teamed up with the one, the only, Elmer's to bring you another Master Craftsters series featuring even more great projects made with these fabulous supplies.

About Elmer's:
For more than sixty years, Elmers Products, Inc., has been providing creative adhesive solutions that support project success and turn ideas into reality. By continuing to develop innovative new products, Elmers has become the trusted brand when it comes to fueling creativity and providing outstanding product performance in the classroom, at home, in the workshop and at the craft table. At Elmers, we inspire people to create, build and learn for life.

Almost everyone I know, crafter or not, has used Elmer's. They really are the biggest and best name when it comes to glue! Not only does Elmer's have sticking power (Wink), but they also brought X-ACTO into their family of brands. If you're cutting or gluing (and really, as a Craftster, when aren't you?) with these time-tested brands you really can't go wrong!

Similar to our previous series, Elmer's gave our 5 lucky Master Craftsters all of these amazing products to use in their projects:

CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick
CraftBond Permanent Scrapbooking Tape
CraftBond Glue Spots Thin Medium
CraftBond Permanent Dot Runner
Elmer's Precision Embellishment Glue
CraftBond Gel Pens
Elmer's Painters Markers
Elmer's Painters Markers - Neon
X-ACTO 12" x 12" Self-healing Mat
X-ACTO Designer 9" Guillotine Paper Trimmer
X-ACTO Designer Series Corner Rounder Punch
X-ACTO Designer Series Gripster Craft Knife
X-ACTO Designer Series Precision Tip Scissors

Even though with those tools the possibilities are pretty much endless, our Master Craftsters still surprised us with all of their amazing ideas! They used just a few products to make a wide array of crafts. We're confident that if you use these threads, you too can use Elmer's products to make your own! Use their threads as tutorials, or just get inspired.

Here's an introduction to each of our talented Master Craftsters!

Knickertwist

Hiya! Nichola here, otherwise known as Knickertwist on craftster. I live with my husband, kid, pooch and a bunch-o-chickens in a small town in Ontario, Canada. I'm a professional graphic designer and artist (though I prefer the term mess-maker) who is absolutely passionate about making stuff. Whether its upcycling, painting, mixed media, sculpture, assemblage, I jump in and create with positive, joyful abandon.

I was pleased as punch to be a part of the Master Craftsters team and have the opportunity to play with Elmer's products. Who knew glue sticks could be so sticky?!

Knickertwist's projects:
Fairy Crown Napkin Rings
Glittery Frame Bulletin Board
Keith Haring Inspired Clips
Mini Mixed Media Journals
Peashooter Stocking Stuffers

microjivvy

Growing up, I was lucky enough to be blessed with parents who encouraged craftiness and who fully understood that it was a big treat to spend allowance money on beads and glue and art supplies.  Today, I am lucky enough to be married the oft-mentioned Mr. Jivvy -- who, as a painter, knows that money must be spent on supplies and that "projects" take precedence over non-essential boring tasks like vacuuming and washing dishes.

As someone who goes through more #11 X-ACTO blades in a day than most people go through in a year, and as someone who still keeps a big ol' bottle of Elmer's School on her work bench, it was a great bit of fun to receive new products for experimenting, playing, and creating.

microjivvy's projects:
Christmas Matchbox Wrappers
Christmas Tree Wall Art
DIY Washi/Fancy Tape
HO HO HO Banner
The Happy Hippie Shack

Mountains and Clouds

Hi! I'm Sara, known here as Mountains and Clouds.  I live in Honolulu, HI, with my husband and two cats.  During the week, I spend my time teaching middle school music-- lots of energy!  After teaching, gigging, playing in a Balinese Gamelan, hiking, and snorkeling, crafting (and art-ing) is my unwinding activity.  Here on Craftster, my greatest love is swapping ATCs.  I have binders full of cards made by wonderful people all around the world!

I am very honored to be teamed up with this amazing group of Craftsters for this project!  Having the chance to experiment with these Elmer's products has been a blast and I'm definitely excited to keep using them!

Mountains and Clouds' projects:
Aloha Magnets
Altered Photos
Colorful Shrink Plastic Buttons!
Moveable "Purple People Eater" ATC
Quick Curious Shell Guys!
Simple Pop-Up Card
Super Simple Table Placecards
Traveling Christmas Countdown Village

Phizzychick

Hi, I'm George otherwise known as Phizzychick all about the interwebs. I'm also known as Georgina (but only by my parents Wink). I have the honour of being a Craftster mod and love every minute of being involved with this amazing network of crafty souls. I live in England with my bloke in the historic town of Chester and am an art teacher by day, house messer-upper by night. I am definitely not a neat crafter (do they exist?) and constantly have twelvety-million projects on the go at any one time. I'm mostly found knee deep in paper so I was thrilled to have to opportunity to mess with some Elmer's products, and so much lovely sticky glue. There is nothing I enjoy more than trying out new toys, and these were all marvelous to play with!

Phizzychick's projects:
bOAKmarks - they're bookmarks and they're oak!
Map Paper Pinecones
Playing Card Houses
Postage Stamp Cards
Snowmen Tags
Wings and Things Triptych

suereal

Howdy Howdy!  My name is Susi, but I am suereal.  I grew up in Washington state, but fell in love with a Canadian, so I live there now in a tiny town about 2 hours from Vancouver, with my Hub and our super charming dog Cosmo, in our new to us ranch house.  My grandmother was a painter, and my mom is a quilter, so I have been crafting since forever.  Even though I will be 50 this year (and proud of it) I still haven't found the "one craft" that I love to do most.  But that just means I get to feel like I can do it all and call my self a mixed media artist.  Our new space has a huge crafting room that, once I get it set up, will have at least 6 different themed stations so I can just sit down and craft at the drop of a hat.  I can't wait to see what I will make.  Grin

It's so exciting for me to be accepted as a Elmer's and X-ACTO Master Craftster (though I think everyone who plays here at craftster.org is a master  Grin).  I still have my first X-ACTO knife and I have used Elmer's glue since.. umm... forever!  My favo product out of our test package is definitely the Embellishment glue, but I am also quite fond of my new easy to find pink X-ACTO knife  Grin

I have had a bit of a family emergency, so Elmer's and the Mods That Be have given me some extra time to get my projects done, so please check back soon for even more projects from me.

suereal's projects:
How Elmer's helped me make a monster

Ready to start exploring their amazing crafts? Just head on out to the Elmer's Master Craftsters board!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=402.0

And be sure to check out the Haunted Halloween Decor Challenge Sponsored by Elmer's!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414965.0
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012 11:23:36 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012 12:07:12 PM »

Some excellent artists in this list. Cannot wait to see what they have created.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012 01:12:00 PM »

Some of my very favorite Craftsters!  Can't wait to see what you guys have done.  LOVE everyone's photos, especially yours suereal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012 01:12:48 PM »

So many projects and so many wonderful tutorials!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012 03:30:00 PM »

aww no grabby-hair pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicole_lee
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013 05:30:46 PM »

Fabulous!!! I will have to grab a pen or two next time I am at the store and jazz up a few pair that are sitting in my closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Naughty Makeovers for Nice Girls
The Best Black Friday Deals
Plus Size Women Show Lingerie Fits All Sizes
How To Properly Dress for a Holiday Party
How To Get the Most Out of Black Friday
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...