A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
339 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: November 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Discussion and Gallery  (Read 25203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2012 03:57:59 PM »

Loving the felt pincushin, dessadoll! Wow Smiley  Very nice work~ Love the texture & detail.  The iPhone cozy is super cute, too... I made a day of the dead one for my friends' daughter recently... Don't you love how felt items turn out just how you want them to? haha  I have crocheted or potted too many things that leave me going "what the heck?? NOT what I wanted!"   Smiley  Your owl is super cute!

I'm just about done ALL of my current November claims and and *hoping* to send out everything on Monday...  Am hoping that tomorrow is a crafty day for me.  Making some deeeelicious ribs & najaorama's rosette apple pie (check it out in 'hot new projects - so beautiful) in the afternoon, so I should be in the house for the day.  Now to find another sendeee to claim...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2012 04:44:11 PM »

I just found out I'm going for a trip to Canada the 1st week of December, so I've been busy fixing stuff for that the past couple of days. I will finish my claims within the next few days and plan to send out by the send out date.

The owl is so adorably colorful and those Christmas tags and cards are pretty awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
jexxican

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2012 05:01:33 PM »

Beautiful cards, and those tags looks like so much fun! But I must ask, Dessadoll, "teachers and strangers?" Do explain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2012 05:10:49 PM »

Apparently you guys are all too familiar with my giveaways. Why do I bother? No just kidding. Here's how I usually do them: at the end of the month (or rather the beginning of the next) I go down the claims list and count each person once and then each claim once. Then my magic RNG (ie my husband) calls out a number in that range and whoever that happens to be gets a prize! Yay prizes! Generally they are Pinterest Supplies surprises but sometimes I will actually make something. Examples: September's winner was AuntieKar and I went online and ordered some Sharpie glitter pens and had them sent right to her. Another winner a few months ago was Deathbeforedishes and I saw on her Pinterest for her girls that she wanted some rag letter and Hey! I've wanted some rag letters for my kids for a while too so I went on and made each of a set and sent one as her prize. Basically the prize just acts as another claim for me that I don't get credit for.

How many people didn't know about the giveaway?

You guys have been awesome in answering the call to help, though. Wow! Thanks for the support, y'all. I'm not going to use you all in the same month but be prepared if you're in future OPSs and you've already offered. I may very well call on you! (but feel free to decline, we have many lovely ladies eager to help).

Also, I know RLynn did a mid month giveaway sometimes and with our rising numbers of participants we may start doing those again, but definitely not until January as I have way too much on my plate to accomplish between now and then even without this swap.

So... there's my ramblin' schpele about the giveaways! Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks again, yous guys. You all rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2012 10:12:01 AM »

My pain pens are exceptional!  I have yet to break them out and try them...they're waiting for just the right project to come along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2012 12:27:55 PM »

I just found out I'm going for a trip to Canada the 1st week of December

.... So you're coming for a visit??  Smiley  Stop by Niagara & I'll buy a pint for you!!  Smiley  seriously though, safe trip & enjoy your time~  Where are you headed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012 03:20:39 PM »

.... So you're coming for a visit??  Smiley  Stop by Niagara & I'll buy a pint for you!!  Smiley  seriously though, safe trip & enjoy your time~  Where are you headed?

Toronto! Cheesy We're stopping by Niagara but we're on a schedule then. I do have a couple of free days to myself, any tips on where to go? (Sorry, if it's getting off-topic, but I'm pretty excited)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
dessadoll
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2012 05:25:04 PM »

Strangers you ask??  We make crafts to hand out to general strangers at Christmas.  Sometimes its handmade ornaments we give away to people we pass on the street.  This year we are going to pick a "group home" for adults that can't live on their own and make a craft for each of them.  We will pick a house December 1st. (there are at least 50 here, if not more.)  It helps with the "giving back" of the season.  As well this year, we are going to drop off items at our "Crisis Nursery" since the 2 kids we just adopted were in and out of foster care their entire lives, and spent time in a crisis centre....we thought it would be a great thing to start with them to give back to our centre here.

Now...about the exchange...I would gladly help with a giveaway if you need it.

And I have my package ready for bunny1kenobi....going out tomorrow!!  Now hoping a package gets received so I can send another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2012 07:13:37 PM »

.... So you're coming for a visit??  Smiley  Stop by Niagara & I'll buy a pint for you!!  Smiley  seriously though, safe trip & enjoy your time~  Where are you headed?

Toronto! Cheesy We're stopping by Niagara but we're on a schedule then. I do have a couple of free days to myself, any tips on where to go? (Sorry, if it's getting off-topic, but I'm pretty excited)

What are you looking for in Toronto?  Especially supply-wise.  I can probably help you out if you point me in a specific direction as to what you are looking for, and if you can say where you will be staying.  

Also, if you have to ship to the US or Canada - it may be worthwhile for you to bring your items with you and ship out here.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012 07:14:50 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2012 03:27:19 AM »

I've nearly finished my claim! Just need to weave in ends and block. It should be dry tomorrow at the latest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adrienne Vrettos Reveals Her Favorite Words
Rita Cosby Talks About Quiet Hero
The Apostle Book Trailer
Stephen Hunter Talks About Dead Zero
Joseph Maroon Explains the Correct Dosage for Resveratrol
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...