A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Holiday List Swap Round 9  (Read 6456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2012 07:00:47 PM »

Swap Info
Swap name: Ongoing Holiday Gift List Round
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kaz814
Sign-up date range:  November 1, 2012 - November 17, 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks from claim
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 18 years of age.  

Organizer Notes
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide - yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant - yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now - yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants - yes
- Is at least 18 years old - yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Welcome to the Ongoing Holiday Gift List Swap! Round 9

This the place to help your fellow Craftster narrow down their holiday gift lists.  This swap welcomes every winter holiday including Christmas, Hanukah/Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, etc.  If you want a handmade holiday for your friends and family, this is the place to get help on your list.  From grandma to your own kids, your lists can include almost anyone in your life that you might need a little help crafting for - even yourself!.   Please read through this initial post carefully before joining and PM me with any questions.

How it works:

This swap will work in an ongoing format.  The first person in the swap will post a list of handmade items that they would like.  The participants then look through the list and if they can fulfill that particular wish, they claim that person for that item and post their own list for the next person to claim them.  This works like a chain.  Person A is claimed by Person B, Person B is claimed by Person C, etc.  You must claim to be claimed and only one person can claim another at a time.  

Each FOC can have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time.  A non-FOC craftster gets two claims at a time.  A new swapper can have 1 claim at a time.  Once one of your claim is received and the organizer is notified, you may claim again.  

What is on the list:

Each participant can post as many size medium requests as they would like in their list.  Please try to post a minimum of 10 items you would like so there is a variety and a better chance of not stalling the swap.  You may post larges or smalls as well, but please realize that to fulfill the swap requirements, you are only required to claim and send a medium.  This swap will be for handmade items only.  Organizing your list by crafting medium is a good idea to help other participants find something on your list that they are good at, but is not required.  Please note that because these are holiday wishes we are filling, items should be your absolute best quality.  

How to make your list:

Please format your list to have an introduction that lets us know a little more about you, such as your name, your general location, etc.  Please format your wishes so that each participant has a clear idea as to what you are looking for.  Posting links is highly advisable.  It is also a great idea to provide participants with as much relevant information on the gift recipient as possible.  Here is my suggested way for formatting each wish:

<item> <recipient> <preferences> <link>
<allergies>

Example:  
Doll dress for my daughter.  She prefers pink floral fabric with a velcro or button closure.  Here is one she likes http://URL GOES HERE
Allergies:  Smoke

Including allergies right underneath of each wish keeps the allergies in focus.  This is such an important part to consider when claiming someone.  If you format your wishes like this, they will be clear and you are more likely to be claimed quickly.

Making a claim:

Once you make a claim, you must PM the participant that you are claiming for their address and to discuss the item you have claimed to make for them.  Once you make a claim, you are committed to making that item.  Remember, you only have two weeks to complete the item and ship it.  If you choose to send extras, they do not contribute to the size of the claim.  A medium is technically either between 2-3 hours in time, or $20-$30 in supplies/value.  To claim the person who is currently available, respond to their post with I claim <username> for <item claimed for>.  For example, if I were to claim myself to make a hoopla, I would write, I claim kaz814 for a hoopla.  Within that same response, you then post your own list so someone can claim you.  

Send Outs:

Just like other ongoing swaps, you will have two weeks from the date of your claim to send out your item.  There are no exceptions.  DC#s will be absolutely required.  If you do not provide a DC#, it will be noted in your feedback.  If you do not provide a DC# and your package gets lost, you will be required to resend.  You must PM the organizers with the DC#/customs# when you send!

Qualifications to Join:

Anyone is free to join under standard Craftster Swap Guidelines.  Due to the time constraints on claims, I reserve the right to deny any Craftster that has a history of lateness.

Receiving packages:

Please PM me as soon as you receive each package.  This is so I can keep track of claims.  Pictures in the gallery are also appreciated.  Some of your fulfilled wishes might inspire other wishes for other participants.

Other important info:

You do not have to message me when you claim a person.  You only have to message them for their address.  Please PM me however when you send your questionnaire, when you send your claim, and when you receive a claim with the title: OHLS 9: questionnaire, OHLS 9: sent!, etc.  Also, Please PM me with any questions you have.

Please do not claim a person until you have been approved for this swap and it is listed in your profile!  Please do not claim a person once one of your claims has been received until the person receiving from you verifies your package arrived and is exactly what you claimed them for. (Unless you have open claim spots, of course!)

Sometimes, a person's list will stall the swap.  When your list has been up for more than 18-24 hours without someone claiming you, please try to add more items to your list so you have a better chance of being claimed.  Remember that it is possible that not all of your items will be claimed.  

There will be a discussion/gallery thread in the Gallery area.  This is an area to give us updates and discuss this swap.  

At the end of the month, whoever is the last on the list will be first on the list for the following month/or the organizer (me!) will be the ending claimer.  You will have to sign up for each additional round that you choose to participate in.  You must be current in the previous round to be accepted to the new round.

This swap is open to international swappers, as well as new swappers.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who is late in previous rounds of this swap.  This is a holiday swap and should be fun!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Holiday Gift List Round 9
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Come chat with us during the swap and let us know how you're progressing on all of your projects.  You can find our discussion and gallery thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=416237.0
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012 07:12:40 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012 07:03:18 PM »

Participants (# Claims Made, # Claims Sent, # Claims Arrived at Destination)

ehinders - 4/4/4
Giddiup222 - 2/2/2
guacaMolly - 2/2/2
kaz814 (FOC) - 1/1/1
Lo{ve} - 3/3/3
lmcneil - new swapper, welcome! - 1/1/1

lydiaharper - 4/4/4
mousee23 - 0/0/0
Mrs. Awesome_Pants -2/2/1
rainfallingonatinroof - 1/1/1
sweetyetevil (FOC) - 7/7/7
texscrapper - 4/4/4
thehappycrochetchic - 2/2/2
TwistedTruth - 1/1/1

Sent
Received
Late with communication
Contact kaz814 ASAP
Feedback

Send-Outs
sweetyetevil to TwistedTruth for ornaments by Nov. 15.
texscrapper to sweetyetevil for remote control pocket by Nov. 15.
sweetyetevil to texscrapper for Royal Crown items by Nov. 15.
ehinders to sweetyetevil for jewelry key holders by Nov. 16.
thehappycrochetchic to ehinders for animal hat or slippers by Nov. 16.
sweetyetevil to thehappycrochetchic for holiday goodness by Nov. 16.
Giddiup222 to sweetyetevil for something for her friend by Nov. 17.
thehappycrochetchic to Giddiup222 for a shark attack hat by Nov. 17.
lydiaharper to thehappycrochetchic for dolls by Nov. 17.
Giddiup222 to lydiaharper for gift-making supplies by Nov. 17.
texscrapper to Giddiup222 for Saints man cave item by Nov. 19.
lydiaharper to texscrapper for wine bags by Nov. 19.
ehinders to lydiaharper for magnetic paper dolls by Nov. 19.
Lo{ve} to ehinders for cabbage patch doll clothes by Nov. 24.
sweetyetevil to Lo{ve} for soap and hand warmers by Nov. 26.
guacaMolly to sweetyetevil for potholders and swiffer covers by Nov. 26.
Lo{ve} to guacaMolly for a toast scarf by Nov. 26.
ehinders to Lo{ve} for a picture frame by Nov. 26.
sweetyetevil to ehinders for bracelets by Nov. 26.
lmcneil to sweetyetevil for stuffies by Nov. 26.
rainfallingonatinro of to lmcneil for decorations by Dec. 1.
texscrapper to rainfallingonatinro of for sandwich bags by Dec. 3.
Mrs.AwesomePants to texscrapper for crosses by Dec. 3.
TwistedTruth to Mrs.AwesomePants for Bible verse wall art by Dec. 3.
sweetyetevil to TwistedTruth for pinterest pick by Dec. 4.
Lo{ve} to sweetyetevil for crayon roll and swiffer covers by Dec. 4.
Mrs. AwesomePants to Lo{ve} for washcloths and a scarf by Dec. 4.
sweetyetevil to Mrs.AwesomePants for stay-put towels by Dec. 5.
lydiaharper to sweetyetevil for charger pocket and pinterest pick by Dec. 5.
guacaMolly to lydiaharper for pouches by Dec. 7.
lydiaharper to guacaMolly for beanie by Dec. 10.
texscrapper to lydiaharper for mustache glasses by Dec. 10.
ehinders to texscrapper for casserole carrier by Dec. 11.
kaz814 to ehinders for felt food by Dec. 14.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012 08:57:17 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012 07:04:04 PM »

We're starting out with the lovely TwistedTruth!

Hello, I'm Betsy! I live in Indiana with my husband, 3 cats, and 3 reptilians (1 bearded dragons, 2 leopard geckos). Husband is a software programmer/consultant; I'm unemployed, but in school for mortuary sciences. I do ATCs, crochet (anything), journaling, painting, scrapbooking, hand sewing, cross stitch, embroidery...

General holiday:
 - Handmade cards   (This would also work as a card as well. Smiley )

Husband:
If you don't like anything from the list below, here's some information on him... He currently works as a "consultant" for a software development company. He's started having to count calories/watch his weight (doctor's orders). He's an extremely picky eater and I'm always looking for recipes to try for him. He loves his PS3, fantasy novels, Doctor Who, Sherlock, certain anime, British comedy, Chuck Palahnuik, Plants VS Zombies, his Android phone... He's a huge cat lover, so even if you want to send him some cat toys.
 - TARDIS stocking (this, this, and this are very awesome.)
 - Etched shot glasses (Portal, Fall Out 3, Need for Speed, Magic the Gathering)
 - Anything from the pinterest list I made him
Stocking stuffer things: travel sizes of Axe or Dove or Ibuprofin(weird, I know, but he has chronic tendonitis), pens, cat toys, Peach Rings, cat treats/toys/art, Nerf Gun darts...

My Sister:
 - Handtowels, scrubbies, reusable Swiffer mop thing or this
 - I want to get her a stocking since she just moved out (something like these) and maybe one for her fiance. (I don't know much about him, he's the outdoor-sy/auto-mechanic type, so maybe camouflage or something?)
She just moved into her first apartment, so these are things I think she'd enjoy... Or have more of a use for.

Cousin A:
She received a Kindle Touch for her birthday and will be in the hospital for a month for is recovering from a heart transplant. I'd love to get her a case for it or something. (Owls or Harry Potter (like this?) would be awesome.)
Cousin B:
He loves cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft, unique board or card games, pen and paper RPGs. He and his wife just moved to Wisconsin, so something small with that theme. It doesn't matter if it's a bookmark, cup, ornament, or anything... (This or this ornament idea)

Everyone Else:
 - a small ornament, doesn't have to be the same theme or person. Smiley This, this, this, this, this, one set of my grandparents would love this (they travel a lot), this, and my uncle would like something like this.
I have 4 sets (my mom's mom, my mom's (real) dad, my dad's side, and hubby's mom's mom) of grandparents. My dad's side and my mom's dad have had a rough time; if one of them isn't in the hospital or ER, the other is. I also two aunt/uncle sets, his parents, his sister, and his brother/brother's wife. Need five more!

Friend S:
She's a fan of Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Magic the Gathering, RPGs, zombies, and alcohol.
 - Pocket Loki
Shot glasses, etched mugs, wall-art, or anything. Smiley
Friend D:
A little harder to plan for... He's been Afghanistan for a year now (second or third time over?), likes Magic the Gathering, PS3 videogames, and alcohol... I'm leaning towards etched shot glasses/mugs, Magic the Gathering packs, drunken gummies...
Friend P:
An alcoholic working for the local paper. She sees horrific things and recently got a cat. Vegetarian. Loves zombies, the Walking Dead, and her boyfriend (who is in the navy).
 - Cat toys/nip/food storage/treats
 - Nice/comfy neck strap for a huge camera
 - Beer mugs/shot glasses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012 03:31:31 PM »

I am claiming twistedtruth for some random ornaments!

first claim, 0, 0

Hi, I am Beth and I live in Michigan and I am NOT ready for the winter!!! I have an awesome greyhound named Hallo and I hope to get some more goodies for the holiday... Cheesy

KIDDIES (not mine)
Name wall art (hoop, painted, sewn etc) for a girl Aryanna (11 yrs)
Name wall art (hoop, painted, sewn etc) for a girl Alivia (7 yrs)
crayon roll (girl)
stuffies/amigurumi (however you spell it!)(girl ones) unicorns, animals (monkeys, bears, dogs etc), things girls would like.
PALS
Car reusable garbage bags (waterproof if possible) for men or women. No set number as everyone could use one of these. http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414317224/
Scented sachets for drawers or closets
Recipe organizer (book, box, whatever!) for one of my best pals. She loves purple, flowers, decorative prints
Something (makeup bag/wall art/journal, hoopla etc., pick anything) with a pals name and meaning on it. Her name is unusual so I think she would really like that. Her name (Aneen) means one word (hello) so it is not something long and elaborate. She loves nature and is into her heritage which is Native American.
gnome ornaments could be felt as shown or crochet/knit http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413216598/
jewelry or key holder http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413159149/
BBQ/grilling towels http://www.tipjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/132.jpg
pot holders- mitten or squares . Mostly for my chickie pals but I would like some for a few guys too who like to grill and cook.
Hoop or art with this saying: http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413140967/

FAMILY
Can and/or bottle cozies
Etched or painted mug/glass for brother (Tom)
Boy themed frames for my nieces- they both have boys (Caleb & Eli)
Bathroom kit bags for the guys- Something to put their items (razor, toothbrush, etc.) in when traveling.
Mom (step)-patriotic themed organizer/bag for her car. (one of those reusable garbage bags that hang from seat or velcro on) http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414317250/
Dad-he would like a patriotic themed bag or organizer for his car. He is a vet and he and stepmom assist with raising money and help for the vets in their area.
pocket charger guy colors http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413180211/
remote control pocket pillow idea #9 on page link http://www.tipjunkie.com/best-gift-ideas-men/
handmade mini notebooks (adult language)- plain or decorate with this saying, a few people I know would find this very amusing http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414249349/
FOR ME
decorated light pulls http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414526971/ (This is just an example of what it is)
swifter covers
reusable bowl covers http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414307908/
A cover for my nook (aka it is an e reader if you are not familiar with the Nook name)
Pincushion for chair or couch arm http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414324164/
Coffee themed clip, magnetic, push pin or dry erase board for kitchen
Pinterest pick http://pinterest.com/sweetyetevil/
A scrap/waste basket for table when I am sewing or cutting things. I make a mess!
A bulb wreath http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413156385/ does not need to be just like this or vintage looking. I know it is hard to find these colors!
There are all sorts of things on my pinterest. Nothing has to be identical so check it out. If you have any questions please let me know.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012 03:42:52 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012 05:57:56 PM »

I claim sweetyetevil for a remote control pocket pillow (1,0,0)

HI! I'm Summer from Texas. I am mom to 3 amazing boys 12, 7, & 7. We live on a ranch outside of Houston that has been in my DH's family for over 150 years. We raise and breed cattle and my sons show cattle all over the state of Texas.

Like most moms today I try to do everything! I work at a local church as the Director of Children's ministry, sit on the twins elementary school PTO, volunteer in scouts, and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I enjoy scrapbooking, sewing, jewelry making, and various other hobbies. Hobby Lobby is my favorite store - I have memorized the layout, and frequent it often Smiley I am a diehard LSU fan - we bleed purple & gold in our home, and when we are home on a Saturday in the fall, you can be guaranteed that college football will be on the TV!

My very patient DH Matt:
Crown Royal oven mitt or hot pad for grilling - or anything that is made from upcycled CR bags Smiley
Gloves for the winter
365 day flip calendar (like those desk size ones) with funny sayings or jokes on the pages
A Honey Badger t-shirt - it can be stenciled, bleached, embroidered - any medium. He would LOVE a "Honey Badger Don't Care" shirt! 3XLT

My oldest son, Tate - He is 12 and loves to draw. He also shows cattle and is VERY active in Scouts
Boy Jewelry - cord necklaces with cool pendants, hemp jewelry, leather bracelets, corded bracelets
A really cool LSU Pillow or pillowcase
Large pillow in boy fabric I could stuff it if you make it  http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021405133/
Portable Lego Tote http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021247554/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021804232/
Board Game Journal http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022161957/
Lego Clock http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021544276/

Twin A - Tucker, 7 - Tuck loves everything outside! He likes to ply with trucks and hot wheels, draw, build, and create
wooden painted or decorated blocks
A cool car mat
A really cool LSU pillow or pillowcase
All in one Crayon & coloring book bag
A treasure chest
Camp Chair http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022174034/
Muffin Man Doll http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021565600/
Pajama Eater http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021413470/
Letter Legos http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021220086/

Twin B -Turner, 7 - Turner loves quiet activities -reading, drawing, watching TV
Super Hero Blanket http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022494114/
A really cool LSU pillow or pillowcase
All in one crayon and coloring book bag
A decorated wooden box to keep his favorite books and treasures
A felt game/quiet  book
Camp Chair http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022174034/
Superman Super Hero Doll http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021587343/
Fabric puzzle of the US kind of like this, but not on a bag , and in boy patterns http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021595898/
Pajama Eater http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021413470/
Felt Playhouse http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021215962/

For My niece
A Mr./Mrs. Potato Head Felt Quiet book http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022490725/

For my nephew
A cool sketchbook for him to cart around

Mother in law
Casserole Carrier http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021212155/
Photo necklace of the grandkids Can send pics
Tree of Life pendant in Citrine
 Photo tote bag Can Send pics
This amazing apron! http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021231723/

Father in Law
Decorated bucket or fabric basket to toss his peanut shells in
Chalkboard mugs http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021467433/

For the Coworkers
Mug Rugs with matching coffee cozys http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021481069/ I could use about 9 sets of these
Handmade crosses - large ones for walls or small for ornaments for the tree

For the guys
Upcycled Shirt Wine Carriers could use several of these http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021467453/

For Neighbors
Wine Bottle Totes http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021249273/

Ok - that's all I can think of for now! I hope this gives you an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
sweetyetevil
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012 06:07:32 PM »

I am claiming texscrapper for some crown royal items. I got a bunch of these bags specifically for this and have been waiting to snag you!! Wink

2nd claim, 0, 0

Hi, I am Beth and I live in Michigan and I am NOT ready for the winter!!! I have an awesome greyhound named Hallo and I hope to get some more goodies for the holiday...

KIDDIES (not mine)
crayon roll (girl)
stuffies/amigurumi (however you spell it!)(girl ones) unicorns, animals (monkeys, bears, dogs etc), things girls would like.
PALS
Car reusable garbage bags (waterproof if possible) for men or women. No set number as everyone could use one of these. http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414317224/
Recipe organizer (book, box, whatever!) for one of my best pals. She loves purple, flowers, decorative prints
Something (makeup bag/wall art/journal, hoopla etc., pick anything) with a pals name and meaning on it. Her name is unusual so I think she would really like that. Her name (Aneen) means one word (hello) so it is not something long and elaborate. She loves nature and is into her heritage which is Native American.
gnome ornaments could be felt as shown or crochet/knit http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413216598/
jewelry or key holder http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413159149/
pot holders- mitten or squares . Mostly for my chickie pals but I would like some for a few guys too who like to grill and cook.

FAMILY
Can and/or bottle cozies
Bathroom kit bags for the guys- Something to put their items (razor, toothbrush, etc.) in when traveling.
Mom (step)-patriotic themed organizer/bag for her car. (one of those reusable garbage bags that hang from seat or velcro on) http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414317250/
Dad-he would like a patriotic themed bag or organizer for his car. He is a vet and he and stepmom assist with raising money and help for the vets in their area.
remote control pocket pillow idea #9 on page link http://www.tipjunkie.com/best-gift-ideas-men/
handmade mini notebooks (adult language)- plain or decorate with this saying, a few people I know would find this very amusing http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414249349/
FOR ME
decorated light pulls http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803414526971/ (This is just an example of what it is)
swifter covers
A cover for my nook (aka it is an e reader if you are not familiar with the Nook name)
A scrap/waste basket for table when I am sewing or cutting things. I make a mess!
A bulb wreath http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413156385/ does not need to be just like this or vintage looking. I know it is hard to find these colors!
There are all sorts of things on my pinterest. Nothing has to be identical so check it out. If you have any questions please let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012 08:32:34 AM »

I claim sweetyetevil for some jewelry key holders.

1/0/0

My name is Erica. I live in Minnesota. I am an attorney and have started my own practice. I would love anything law, justice, etc. themed. I am married to the love of my life who is an engineer. We have a cutie pie daughter, Maddy, who is 2.

My favorite colors are red, turquoise, blue and green. I do not like neon. I do love anything steampunk, vintage inspired from the 30's thru the 50's, shabby chic, etc.    

Sewn:
Clothes to fit a vintage cabbage patch doll and/or any accessories (examples on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/hindrance/maddy/ )
Felt food for Maddy's play kitchen (examples here: http://pinterest.com/hindrance/maddy/ )
hot pads/oven mitts in reds and/or turquoise (my kitchen colors)
reusable paper towels (red and turquoise) (similar to these: http://pinterest.com/pin/38280665552716334/ )
reusable shopping bags (any color fine)

Crochet/knit:
socks! any colors (cotton or cotton blend women's sz 9)
Sock monkey or other animal hat for Maddy (pm for head size)
amigurumi - characters from Winnie the Pooh (any of them) (examples on this board: http://pinterest.com/hindrance/maddy/ )
crochet slippers for Maddy: (kids sz 5)

General Crafty:
lap quilt/throw can be sewn, crocheted, knit, etc in browns or greens (or both) to match my living room decor
Woodland themed Christmas ornaments (squirrels, owls, acorns, pinecones, etc)
Felt pieces for a felt play board I am making Maddy for Christmas. I would especially love anything princess, castle, dragon, etc. : (example here: http://pinterest.com/pin/38280665554194012/ and others on Maddy's board)
XXL shirt with the phrase "Trust me, I'm an engineer!" on for hubby (just don't have time to make one!) Bonus if it has some sort of auto cad looking drawing on it Wink
handmade bath and beauty products--any kind, I love them all!
Coffee cup with the phrase "Coffee keeps me going until it's acceptable to drink wine!" for friend

Supplies:
jewelry making stuff (except pony beads or seed beads)
any fabric but would especially love anything in blues and/or yellows for a project I'm working on.
any soap making supplies ( i only do melt and pour currently)
burlap coffee sacks or burlap ribbon
anything on this board http://pinterest.com/hindrance/craft-supplies-i-want/
I would love some birch bark (real or fake) for my woodland christmas theme. Chunks of branches would be super awesome!

Here's my Pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/hindrance/  

All boards are fair game except Crafts I want to Make, Making for Swaps, What Should I do with it Wednesday (for my blog), and Stuff I've Made.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 12:56:53 PM by ehinders » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012 01:34:54 PM »

i am claiming ehinders for either an animal hat or slippers for maddie.  

1/0/0
Hi! i'm julia. i am a 27 y.o. sahm of four. this year i am hoping to make or swap for a lot of gifts to save a little money, i have a lot of plans but i am not sure i will get to most of them.

My list
For my kids-
*A doll (one or two) for my girls Lily-8 and Emma-6 here are some ideas
http://pinterest.com/jcarter462/handmade-dolls/
*an owl pillow like this one- one or two of them
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676819383/
*a TMNT pillow
[urlhttp://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677368304/][/url]
*another pillow
[urlhttp://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677462498/][/url]
* a han solo like this one
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677462486/
* nutcracker doll
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676884577/
* star wars softies
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676840894/
* post office playset http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677464637/
*crayon and coloring book totes lily- 8 emma- 6 ayden-6 andrew-4
* art caddy tote http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676823591/
*phineas ami http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677018191/
* star wars wall art http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677359436/
* super hero wall art http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677359449/

Knitting-
*socks- womens size 8-9
* shawl- for my mom- in pinks
*beanies/hats
*fingerless gloves
http://pinterest.com/jcarter462/knitting/

* a set of cute tea towels/ dishcloths for my mom-fabric
* cute apron for my mom or aunts
* wallets/coin purse/makeup bags for aunts

For my hubby- he loves r.c. helicopters, he does HVAC. i am not sure what to make for him..
* mug with a helicpoter or a saying about heli's on it?
* mug with a x-box, or gears of war theme
* knit beanie in a man's style. tight on head no slouchy kinds.
* shirts- size XXL- in an x-box theme?? or helicopters?
For me-
* a doctor who plush doll
http://pinterest.com/jcarter462/geek-tastic/
* wool or natural yarn- no acrylic. i like semi-solid a lot
* cute medium size purse
*this doll http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677544453/
anything from this pagehttp://pinterest.com/jcarter462/books-worth-reading/

Holidays-
* similar to this- can be smaller than one shown
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676988754/
*stockings- i like this style http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676973489/
* ornaments or anything inspired by or on this page
http://pinterest.com/jcarter462/holidays/

Felt-
http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479677497394/* gingerbread house
*little house [url=http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676993172/]]http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676993172/]

*little house http://pinterest.com/pin/169729479676993172/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 01:39:43 PM by thehappycrochetchic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
sweetyetevil
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012 02:45:55 PM »

I am claiming thehappycrochetchic for some holiday goodness inspired by the pinterest holidays board

3 rd claim, 0, 0

Hi, I am Beth and I live in Michigan and I am NOT ready for the winter!!! I have an awesome greyhound named Hallo and I hope to get some more goodies for the holiday...

KIDDIES (not mine)
crayon roll (girl)
NEW-A few boy ones too...dogs, dragons, trucks, boy stuff!!
PALS
jewelry or key holder http://pinterest.com/pin/33917803413159149/ thanks ehinders!

FAMILY
Can and/or bottle cozies
remote control pocket pillow idea #9 on page link http://www.tipjunkie.com/best-gift-ideas-men/ thanks texscrapper!!
FOR ME
swifter covers
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 02:48:46 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giddiup222
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012 09:27:09 PM »

I claim sweetyetevil for Something for friend Aneen Smiley

Hello I’m Alecia From Fort Worth, Texas.
I stay home with my 2 kids, Brantley (4) and Savanna (1 tomorrow!). I love to sew and quilt! I want to learn stain glass making, resin décor, and knitting ( all though I don’t know if I’ll have the patience for it! ) I love the holidays! I love everything about it; Christmas music, the lights, smell of Christmas trees, the cold, spirit, jingling santas in front of supermarkets! All of it!
 I thought it was so helpful to have a link to the gift requested so I included one by each of them! Hope it helps! :-D

My hubby JB:
A sign that says “Please remove your shoes” http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052503043465/
Something like this for his home state http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052501390883/
New Orleans Saints papazan chair cover
New Orleans Saints something for his “Man Cave” for the wall or shelf
A “Gizmo” stuffed animal  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052503043522/

My son Brantley, 4
Portable Lego Tote http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021247554/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021804232/
A treasure chest
Super Hero Blanket http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022494114/
All in one crayon and coloring book bag
A felt game/quiet  book
Felt Playhouse http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021215962/
A Mr./Mrs. Potato Head Felt Quiet book http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462022490725/
This hat (shark attack!) http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052503017734/

For my daughter Savanna, 1
A quiet book  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502248265/
A pretty little dress like this one  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052501861982/
   Or this one  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502758684/
A rug like this one but maybe in an oval or rectangle http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502401983/

Mom
Grankids picture holder http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502401977/

Dad
A kit for his car  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052503042530/

Stepmom
A nontraditional calander for birthdays http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502321268/

For my Grandma
 A wall hanging or something with this saying on it http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052502578423/

Father in Law
personalized lunch totes/ tupperware

For my sister expecting baby boy!
A sleeping baby sign  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052501542056/
A funny cleavage shirt  http://pinterest.com/pin/271553052501880121/

Thank you to the one that claims me!!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012 09:28:31 PM by Giddiup222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 1/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 2/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 3/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 4/5
How to Make a Cool Custom Myspace Layout in Photoshop Cs4 Part 5/5
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...