A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 28312 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mycutezombies
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012 02:49:09 PM »

Great stuff! I love the Santa mug rug. So cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012 04:29:30 PM »

Wow! Two more stockings, things are starting to roll! Everything looks great and I feel so festive now! Anyone put up their tree yet? We're getting ours next weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012 05:04:14 PM »

My package arrived from quaggy yesterday as well - and my entire family LOVED it - we were all blown away at how fabulous it all was! Even the kids had a blast unwrapping everything with me:

(Quaggy included lots of our favorite candy\snacks. My daughter was thrilled when she unwrapped the Sour Patch kids and promptly claimed them as hers. My son snagged the wassabi peas and hot chocolate and we all split the chocolate, peppermint pillows, and mints)

Here is a shot of everything after it was unwrapped. My stocking was filled with so many goodies it's hard to see them all in the photo, but you find the assortment of treats, TONS of sewing goodies (Velcro in all colors, a BIG box of thread, a box of buttons, a seam ripper, an adorable elephant tape measure, and Christmas fat quarter), an ADORABLE strawberry shortcake pincushion (it's almost too cute to use), a flower power coaster set, an owl bag, lipgloss, a pretty pen, a set of Gingher scissors (swoon, they are awesome) in a cady, and the best part - a FABULOUS snowman statue!

quaggy works with ceramics and didn't just paint this snowman, she cast it herself! I am blown away at how amazing this is - the photo doesn't do this piece justice... it's so beautiful in real life (the snow even shimmers):

Here is a closeup of the stocking (It's a "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse" - with adorable mouse print fabric) and owl bag... both of which have mysteriously 'moved' into my daughter's room  Grin  and the strawberry shortcake pincushion and scissor caddy:

Quaggy thank you so much for the FABULOUS package and for being such a fantastic partner. We all had so much fun opening it - thanks for including everyone! Now I'm off to my sewing room to test out my new pincushion and scissors (and caddy) and then start decorating for Christmas - guess what will be the centerpiece this year?!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012 05:06:00 PM by stacysews » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012 06:14:52 PM »

So many great packages. I love the little felt cake as well as the cupcake ornament. And that felted turle so awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012 09:35:19 PM »

So much great stuff! I esp like the house garland, the Santa mugrug, the ceramic snowman, and that strawberry shortcake pincushion! I wonder if we could see the pincushion up close? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012 11:04:50 PM »

Thanks for the comments!  Here is a close up that I took before sending!

and the snowman
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012 02:26:27 AM »

Quaggy - those items are so adorable and to make a snowman from scratch with that much detail!! And I love all of the sewn items and the fabric you chose. Stacysews - the looks on your children's faces are just priceless  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Lexophiles Unite - sent
Vintage Halloween - crafting
Anatomy swap - crafting
Monster High swap - waiting partners
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012 07:02:01 AM »

Thanks again for the comments!  This was such a fun swap! Kiss

Staceysews had my mind boggled  Roll Eyes when she listed flower plower coaster.  I think it was this lollipop pincushion that was a last minute add in to match the other lollipops I placed in the stocking.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012 12:38:14 PM »

The flower power coaster was the kit you sent to make coasters - it came with a 4 1/2" square ruler and the pattern to make the flower designs. After I finish up making Christmas gifts for family, I plan on giving them a try. I did forget to mention the lollipop pincushion though! There were so many goodies that I knew I would forget something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012 03:31:37 PM »

I received from Craftsunderground this past week and could not BELIEVE how many amazing things she made! Firstly, I opened the box and had the most awesome and hilarious surprise in the form of a non-traditional stocking.. LUMPY SPACE PRINCESS!!!

For anyone that doesn't know the epic-ness that is Adventure Time, this is a hilarious character from the cartoon. I had told my partner that I loved Adventure Time and we were planning to do an AT theme for our place and a Nightmare Before Christmas theme for the family home so any holiday ornaments in those two themes would be lovely Smiley Craftsunderground was even thoughful enough to make a filler pillow that I can stuff inside LSP when she isn't all lumpy with tons of awesome gifts;) She's got a button closure on the back which the loop of can be used to hang her on display!

My partner had written a lovely note that explained all the gifts were packaged in two ways, holiday ornaments were in cool skull bottle bags so I could open them earlier to decorate with! And non-holiday themed stuff was wrapped in pretty paper so I could opt to open them later (turns out.. that didn't happen lol).

She totally embraced the Adventure Time theme and I couldn't be happier! Felt hand embroidered ornaments of four of the AT characters Finn, Fionna, Cake, and Princess Bubblegum:

Embdriodered LUMPY SPACE PRINCESS GLOVES!! I died.. lol

Some totally awesome super strong AT magnets, much needed in our new place! I can't wait to put them on the fridge Smiley

In the Nightmare Before Christmas theme, she made not one, not two, but three beautiful fabric buntings with all kinds of perfectly fitting fabrics! She told me later that she used a tutorial I had myself made and posting online for fabric bunting hehe Smiley The two large strands of bunting also have really cool appliques on some of the flags that show the hill from NBC and the third strand is miniature so we can put it on our tree Cheesy

A Worm Wort vial ornament and some needle pullers (I've never seen these before but am eternally grateful! I've been using my jewelery pliers lol)

Purple icicles which will go perfect with our colour theme and a set of NBC figurines which I have literally never even seen in person before. So AWESOME! I'm thinking I can rig Jack up to sit at the top of the tree..

My **FIRST** ever Teesha Moore patch. So pretty! I'm excited, it's a great starting point to push me to start making some of my own to be its neighbors lol

I couldn't believe she made me all that amazing stuff and there was still more to open! These blew my mind.. A beautiful asymmetrically patterned scarf that is TOTALLY me Cheesy And awesome wrist warmer gloves! (this is when I started freaking out and wondering if I had made enough for her.. lol)

She also included some supplies which will be extremely helpful with all my crafting adventures Smiley

Holy moly guys. I have the greatest partner EVER! Cheesy Thank you so much Craftsunderground, you are brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build DSLR Ring-Flash part 1 of 2
How to Build a DSLR Ring-Flash part 2 of 2
How to Clean your Digital SLR sensor
How to Diffuse the Light From the Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX
Camera Exposure Basics
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...