A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 30501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012 05:27:24 AM »

My first words were, "Wow! A Link stocking!" That is one epic stocking and stuffers in the opinion of this videogame geek. The potholder and towel needs to be in my kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012 11:33:44 PM »

Amazing package dfabric - I can hear the collective sighs of all Zelda craftster lovers everywhere!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012 04:22:46 PM »

That stocking is AWESOME!  Cheesy  Great package to start us out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmac

kmac at art camp

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012 12:10:19 PM »

Super cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012 05:24:02 PM »

I'm sweetin it now. My sewing abilities are not that good and I am worried about my stocking.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012 05:31:50 AM »

Wow a package already! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012 11:22:47 AM »

What a fantastic package! I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012 11:45:50 AM »

I received a fantastic stocking from Smashu just brimming with tantalizing packages.
I was planning to wait until Christmas to open everything, but then I decided it just wouldn't be fair to Smashu to keep her gifts in the dark for weeks. I just couldn't do that to her, so I opened them all up today Grin.
Smashu stalked my Pinterest and from the looks of it, my Craftster posts as well because she really nailed my style and taste. I love antiques and vintage items.
Lately, I have been captivated by tiny houses and Smashu went with this theme for my stocking and some of my gifts. She sewed a nontraditional stocking in the shape of a tiny house. I love the combination of burlap and pearls, the ruffle "thatched" roof, and the door complete with a Christmas wreath. The stocking is beautifully made with a full lining and twill hanging loop. And, it was full of packages wrapped in coordinating brown paper.
a

Continuing with the tiny house theme, Smashu made this adorable tiny house penant banner. I love the coordinating colors and different decorative motifs and I just LOVE ric rac! How did she know? She also made two pairs of paperclip ice skate ornaments. These are straight from my Pinterest. I just love these. They personify home made crafts to me.

Smashu visited an antique store in her town that she had never gone to before and found some real antique and vintage lovelies for me. This photo shows four gifts. She found a lovely old, old school text book--French Fables--just full of delightful illustrations (some samples are in the next two pictures.) She also sent two tiny old spoons. One of which may be destined for a wee house. I have been following the Wee House Craftalong and itching to start a wee house of my own. And just look at this tiny booklet on the Rules of Badminton, printed in England long ago. I just love it. These are all shown on a fat quarter with vintage style line drawings.

Smashu's talents cross many areas. First, we have seen sewing skills and now jewelry. Charm bracelets are a favorite of mine and I love the combined metals and jewels on this one. And, anyone who knows me, knows how perfect the hammer charm is for me. She also made some knitting stitch markers in one of my favorite color schemes, red, white and black.

These bird houses are especially meaningful to me. My father was an avid bird watcher and I just recently put up a bird feeder that has reawakened my interest in birds. I really enjoy these ornaments. The kite pincushion is inspired by one on my Pinterest and it also includes a fabric of tiny birds. I love them both.

This is one of the most amazing things I have received and has special significance to me. I don't know how she knew to pick this item to make, but I am so glad she did. Isn't it beautiful.

YIKES. I had to go back in to this post because I left out one of the most amazing tiny gifts ever--behold

This stocking has a reindeer on both sides and was knit right here in the USA. Another item destined for a wee house, perhaps.

And last, but not least--CHOCOLATE. Always a favorite.
Thanks for everything, Smashu. It is a wonderful stocking and filled with wonderful gifts.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012 02:19:12 PM by Craftsunderground » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
mycutezombies
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012 04:06:12 PM »

Awesome! What a great stocking. I love the shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012 05:10:12 PM »

My stocking full of spoilage, plus some spillover arrived today!!!!! Stacysews was a fantastic partner I love love love everything!!!!!
First up a group shot prior to tearing into my gifts!  Aqua and red are favorite colors of mine and the combination makes it so much better, love the personalization at the top!

In no order of favorites because they are are terrific!

Stacy sent me three marbled Glass Christmas ornaments, unfortunately 1 committed suicide in route, but two did survive and they are gorgeous!

Straight from my pinterest is a sugar skull pincushion that was machine embroidered, I collect pin cushions and this one is so stinking cute and well made!

Sticking with the same theme stacy created an adorable pillow cover in sugarskulls!  I have the perfect chair that just makes it pop, all I need to do is get a 14 inch pillow form, yes the size is perfect!  BF thought this was a iron on patch, I had to explain the whole machine embroidery thing to him!

Another crazy wild and loved piece is the perfect box to hid my patches, bead kits or other hand work that I often sit and do.  This has the perfect motif with the Craft or Die, I love it, and who doesn't love something functional?

Back to the turquoise/red combo I was spoiled with a cute Christmas themed mug rug!  Santa such a cute fellow!  Stacy also sent along a mug stating "I am crafty and I know it"  (I hope she got one for herself, because she is very crafty too!)  Inside was some Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates, I love these, and Starbucks salted caramel hot Cocoa.  Stacy also sent along a box of double bergamont black tea, yummy!

The cutest snowmen socks!

A much needed to do list and journal with matching notecards!  Love the color.  Was out shopping today and I had nothing in my purse to write on, so y'all know where the journal is going!!!

2  bottles of Orange ginger Body lotion and homemade lib balm that smells like cherry to me, feels so good on the lips and it was all tucked inside this cute leopard print zippered pouch, also headed to my purse.

Stacy also sent a cute little cupcake ornament that has joined my collection on top of my hoosier cabinet!
This will be displayed year round!

Then to top it all off, or should I say to top off my head was this super cute skully hat!  Perfect for those days when I want to ride with my top down on the car!!!!

Hoping that nothing was missed!!!!

Woo hoo I was mega spoiled and love each and every item that Stacysews sent!  So enjoyed being a part of this swap and hope to be back for it next year!  Will be watching the gallery to see all the other fun stuff everyone receives!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Turkey Curry Quick and Easy
How to Serve Sausage and Mash
How to Serve a Bacon Roly Poly
How to Stuff Mini Quesadillas
How to Heat Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...