A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 22789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

I want to craft ALL THE THINGS

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2012 04:39:46 AM »

Yay, I opened my stocking, finally!!! And here's what I found...

My ADORABLE snowman stocking stuffed with treats!!!

The chocolate-pretzel things had a rough trip, it seems, and so the the mint-marshmallow things, but they're still tasty! Plus: snowflake cookie cutter! And Neccos! (One of my FAVORITE candies.)

These little painted peanut guys are so cute!

White cheddar microwave popcorn (which I didn't even know existed!), adorable rubber stamp, earrings straight from my Pinterest that are super delicate and teeny and amazing, and jmiller614 is psychic, because I didn't even REALIZE that I really really wanted those oil pastels until I pulled them out! I haven't used those since fifth grade but I love them so much!!!

That thing on the left is a "sketching pod" and it has pencils and all sorts of little things you need for sketching on the go! So fun!!! Plus Christmassy erasers, AND... I have hand-carved ampersand and narwhal stamps!!! ADORABLE!!!

Okay, are you ready to be super envious???

LOOK AT MY STAINED GLASS NARWHAL! I cannot wait to find the perfect place for this in our new apartment. I literally gasped when I unwrapped it.

Thank you so much, jmiller614!!!!!!!!! I love everything <3  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012 06:24:34 AM »

I am going to have that Narwhal song stuck in my head now. Ahem...anyway! I'm always fascinated by hand carved stamps, they're so cool! And if you find a good place, you will see the majestic narwhal illuminated by the morning sun! Ah, what a noble beast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
StickerChic87
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012 08:51:22 AM »

That snowman stocking is super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012 05:36:57 PM »

There were a ton of PMs to go through when I returned, so please check your status on the front page of the gallery and make sure it is correct.  If not, let me know - forwarding me the PM of sending/receiving/lateness would be awesome! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsc1345
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012 12:41:43 AM »

I got my package from my swap partner gigglygirl! We both swapped for our children so she crafted for my two girls. We got our package a few days ago, but didn't get to open it until yesterday and didn't get to photograph everything until today. Even though I told the girls to keep everything together so we could document everything of course we had to go searching around the house to rally everything up! My partner made us two duplicate stockings and filler, but I just photographed one set of items. (Since I couldn't find the double of everything. Kids!)Also, genius having duplicates. My oldest said to her sister, "They are both the same so we don't even have to fight over them!" This is the type of house that does duplicates.

She made of these cute cupcake stockings, and yes, the girls have already convinced me to let them use them as their official stockings this year! She tucked in some stuffers which were a hit, you may be able to make out "Lilys new notebook" scrawled on the cover of one already.

Then she made each girl a doll and an angel ornament! Well, she said the angels were ornaments, but the girls like them too much to hang them up anywhere! They are in heavy play rotation already.

Here is a really unflattering picture of the stocking stuffer doll she purchased and the blanket and pillow she made for them. I wrapped the doll in the blanket to try and hide the fact that her clothes are already missing so she's in her "panties". I came home from work last night to find my girls sleeping in bed together, each with her three dolls wrapped in their blankets and tucked in beside them. I tried to take a picture, but they were in the top bunk + flash lighting = worthless picture.

And then she made them each a fabric tote bag (with pockets! I've never seen a 3 year old so excited about pockets) and she tucked in these fairy dolls to share. Which was a humongous hit, they were divied, claimed, and named as soon as I unwrapped each one. (They were put back in the package for the photos because the box is so beautiful with the rainbows for the background. 5 year old logic) Not shown were the chocolates which were promptly sampled, and then saved for later by the oldest, and greedily eaten behind the recliner in secret by the youngest.

This swap was so great! The girls were literally screaming with joy as they unpacked each item from the box, they were hugging and kissing each other and talking all day to eachother about their gifts. "Are you happy with your stocking sis?""Oh I'm so happy! I love it all!""I know! it's so awesome!" And then they played together with their toys for a solid 3 hours before I left for work and then all morning today! Happy playtime is worth it's weight in gold! Thanks so much for the awesome package gigglygirl, I hope your kids like their package half as much as mine did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my sewing blog! www.loveassembled.b logspot.com
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012 07:39:26 AM »

We're a house that does duplicates as well.   Roll Eyes

That seemed like a really talented, generous, well thought out package.

Nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2012 03:55:18 AM »

If you haven't sent yet and have not contacted me on when you'll be sending, please do so today.  I've updated the front page, please check to ensure that your listing is correct! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012 08:22:39 AM »

Two more great stockings!  The snowman is super cute.  I just love those little painted peanuts.  and OMG white cheddar micro popcorn?Huh I LOVE white cheddar popcorn.  Is it good?Huh

I also just adore the cupcake stockings.  All the goodies for the girls were fabulous!  My daughter would have also just loved that whole package when she was younger.  Super smart to make duplicates!  I also try to do duplicates as much as possible but it's harder with a boy and girl to please.

I checked the front page and my status shows as sent which is correct! I am itching for Averia to receive which according to the DC# will be today!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I like to craft and cook, come see...
My Blog

50 Projects in 2013
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2012 08:29:25 AM »

I have been stalking the packages I sent since Friday. (I had to send two different boxes...) And they are in complete opposite directions!
It's kind of fascinating to watch. But they both say they should arrive on the same day. Here's to hoping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
kaz814
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2012 01:33:05 PM »

Okay people, seriously, jexxican is an amazing amazing person.  Also, I hope you've warmed up your pinning finger because it's going to get a workout!

The purchased goodies:

The little purple package is mousse (it's called heavenly and I don't think they're wrong), some yummy looking spices are in the little green and white jars, and amazing 2013 bunny calendar, bunny treats and a salt lick, some heavy duty Elmer's glue (I didn't even know heavy duty was an option!), some Roswell cards in front, a little notepad behind that, some adorable mini cookie cutters - there's a bunny one!, stickers (there are some with PENGUINS WEARING ANTLERS - where has this BEEN all my life?), and three rolls of fabric.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And a pic of my Gus enjoying his alfalfa carrot treat (not that you can tell but he refused to listen as I tried to pose him.)

Some adorable salt-dough (I think) ornaments.  These are already on my tree, but there's another set, too, for me to put ribbons on, too!

A pretty little snowflake:

A yoga mat bag (I don't know why I didn't take an action shot - but it fits my yoga mat perfectly!) and some fiber and a drop spindle.  SPINNING HERE I COME!

Crocheted slippers!  I refused to take them off so you get an action shot.

Dryer balls, some yummy smelling lavender sachets, 2 beautiful burgundy napkins (they were used as giftwrap!), two absolutely fabulous monster book marks, a crocheted scarf (broomstick lace - I tried and failed miserably at this and it is BEAUTIFUL), and the little white things are stamps.  Hand-carved stamps!  There are keys and a Santa hat and an ornament,
a snowman, a Christmas tree, and two size gifts.  I'm doing my holiday cards this week so this was perfect timing.

Yarn.  Yummy yummy yarn and a star garland that is going to look perfect hanging from my counter near my tree.

And finally - are you ready? - the stocking.  OMG the stocking ...

jexxican, seriously, you spoiled me (and my buns) sooo much.  Thank you so very very much!!!  I adore it all!

OH - and there was candy in the box, too.  But no pics of that because I'm not sharing! Wink
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012 01:35:10 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Large Files in Photoshop CS4
Adobe Output Module – Photoshop CS4 Sneak Peek
How to Use Adobe Bridge in Photoshop
Saving Time Working in Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
Using 3D in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...