A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
339 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: An Unexpected Journey-The Hobbit Movie Swap Rd 1(sendout Dec 11)  (Read 6900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012 06:54:41 PM »

I just found out the Hobbit movie is going to be 3 parts, I'm so upset. I wish they would just release them all at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012 11:31:59 PM »

Ooo a Radegast!  Would love to see that.

As frustrating as it is to have the Hobbit broken into three movies, I would rather that than a choppy mess.  Although it would be nice if they had spaced the release dates of the three a little more closely together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012 03:18:02 AM »

I want to see the Radegast doll too!

I understand the frustration of waiting a year for the next movie. Argh, it was horrible to wait a year for the movie after they had released the trailer last December, those sadists. But I'm glad they make three movies instead of two. One more year of looking forward to a movie, more merchandise, and simply more movie time. Think of the DVDs to come - maybe we get hours more stuff! When the LotR movies came out, I was wishing so hard that they took the wonderful sets and costumes and grabbed them some more actors and shot a side-series... I just want them to make the most of it, whatever they do.

Haha, on a sidenote: I discovered my library has the English audiobook of the Hobbit, but I didn't have my library card with me that day and asked my son to get the audiobook for me. And he wasn't allowed to! Because it's not sorted into children's books. He could have neither the English audiobook nor the German book.
Oh, and he couldn't have any Terry Pratchett book either.
Now I'm very okay with rating certain books - but rating almost the whole library? And the Hobbit, especially? That doesn't make sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solitary Cricket
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012 04:05:01 PM »

I always procrastinate forever before signing up for swaps...
Not this time =)
This was a perfectly timed swap too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012 05:30:49 PM »

Haha, on a sidenote: I discovered my library has the English audiobook of the Hobbit, but I didn't have my library card with me that day and asked my son to get the audiobook for me. And he wasn't allowed to! Because it's not sorted into children's books. He could have neither the English audiobook nor the German book.
Oh, and he couldn't have any Terry Pratchett book either.
Now I'm very okay with rating certain books - but rating almost the whole library? And the Hobbit, especially? That doesn't make sense.

I work for a library and that is the exact opposite of everything I've ever learned. Library's are really anti-censorship, and that sounds crazy that they would prevent someone from checking out any materials they want. I'm also surprised that they didn't look up your library account for you. I wish you could come to my library, we let anyone check out whatever they want up to 100 items as long as you don't have more than $10 in late fines. They only thing I could think was happening was maybe some event for Banned Books Week. During that week library's promote and encourage the public to check out books that someone has tried to have banned. Books like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, It's Perfectly Normal, And Tango Makes Three, or  Where the Wild Things Are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012 11:52:41 PM »

I am so in if I get feedback on another swap in time - don't want to miss this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Game of Thrones swap - sent
Science swap - sent
Summer Nerd Games swap - sent
Carnivorous plant swap - crafting
Half a hoopla swap - crafting
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012 03:50:52 AM »

Hehe, more people caving in, yay!

What the librarian said to me when they didn't give the Hobbit to my son was that this way, they return the responsiblity for what the kids read to the parents, because the parents have to get the books for them. And that it only applies until kids are twelve. But my 11yo son can't have a book that's not explicitly for kids or teens.
I don't know. On the one hand, I would be perfectly okay to have violent or otherwise disturbing adult books rated. But that should really be based on the content, not just on the fact that it's not explicitly "for kids".

Oh yeah, and they're particularily unhappy if you make them look up anything without your card. We have a fully computerized system, I don't know if it's even possible to get a book without the card now. But I should have asked them. They sure didn't offer it on their own.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012 03:44:40 PM »

I guess I get confused about The Hobbit being listed as age restricted reading since it was written with a young audience in mind.  My son has loved it since he was 6...

Flipping through all the Hobbit goodness on the interwebs just makes more more indecisive as to what craft type I want to make.   Although I'm pretty sure I can't send anyone an Apple Barrel chair, as much fun as that sounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012 05:51:33 PM »

I would love to jump in on this, but November is NaNoWriMo, and I'm afraid I have to devote one month a year to my other art.

I'm with you on NaNoWriMo - I can't wait to get started! But not sure I can miss a hobbit swap. I must think on this a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012 08:05:10 PM »

I'm with you on NaNoWriMo - I can't wait to get started! But not sure I can miss a hobbit swap. I must think on this a bit.

You know you want to, and creativity breeds creativity.  Especially when blocks form!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Renderer Clark Smith Sticks to Traditional Media
Shantell Martin: Following Her Pen
Art Spiegelman Tours His Retrospective
At Home with Roz Chast
Landscape with Charon Crossing The River Styx
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...