A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Captain America Dancing Girl - Lead Variant  (Read 1832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2012 11:11:11 AM »

Last year I made the back up singer variant of the Captain America Dancing Girls with the red skirt.  This year while making another one of those for a friend, I was inspired to make the lead variant as well.  The costume is the same in the dress construction, but that's it.  The lead singers have the Helmets (or striped hat) and a sequin Bolero/Lapel or red Satin Lapel.  The skirts are blue and white with either a red, white, or blue bodice (depending one which lead you are).  I made both variants of the lead, which can also be switched up (satin lapel and helmet) for a third version seen while touring with the troops.

http://imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/movietvartcostumes/captainamericausoleadvariants
http://imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/movietvartcostumes/captainamericausogirl

I drafted the bodice pattern and the bolero from scratch.  The skirt panels and lapels were done by a friend for our group.  I got an unissued helmet from the 1960's from a friend and painted it to look like the one from the movie.  I chose the "A" since that is what the blue top variant wears, it's also the helmet that Cap' wears when he goes on his rescue mission.

Oh my!  Pin-up style.

At NYCC two weeks ago.

For reference, a still from the movie.

Stripe Hat and Satin Lapels version, this is me on stage at Dragon*Con during Masquerade.  We had 10 girls doing the dance with a Cap reading the war bonds lines.

Making the striped hat.  I made a red satin side piece and used white silk ribbons for the stripes.  The frame was 2 layers of heavy weight buckram with a wire frame on the top for shape and base.

A little photoshop fun :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for geek chic goodies!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenaeQuee
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012 12:08:41 AM »

It looks so very professional, excellent job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
miasu
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012 03:18:30 PM »

Seriously looked at the movie clip picture before I knew it was a movie clip picture, I thought, "They didn't use the original model? The outfit looks kinda frumpy on the second woman." Kudos for making an awesome costume that looks even better than your inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Warm Cinnamon Apples Recipe
Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Recipe
How to Make Raspberry-White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...