A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,353
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Swap! SIGN UPS CLOSED SEND BY 8/ 24  (Read 5215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2005 04:02:39 PM »

ok, I'd really like to join, but since I'm such a baby  (Grin) I've got to get my parent's ok on this.

verdict: my dad thinks that I'll end up dead because I gave out my address on the internet to some psychotic craft lover. more proof that parents just don't understand. so it looks like I won't be doing any swaps of any sort for a looooong while....

i'd just play it safe for now. have your parent(s) also visit the website with you so they can check it out & maybe that will help them feel more comfortable about you partaking in swaps, maybe have them look at who is the person conducting the swap (the swap organizer), things like that. it might help them understand and feel safe knowing that you will be receiving and sending things from an internet source if they can see what is going on. if you want to do the swaps definitely get LOTS of communication going with your swapper - every little bit helps. if your mother or father can see what the person is like they might allow you to join in on the fun.

hope that helps & hope you get to start swapping soon!
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Toadstool

'Ol Green Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005 11:50:28 AM »

Wow, I'd LOVE to do this swap!!
But since I'm already in a swap, and it's my first time, I can only do one :<
Hopefully I'll be able to sign up by the 27th Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonsMuse
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005 01:21:30 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions kjtalula. I looked around the gallery and found out about some great things I could craft and send. I can wait to try them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now. -John Lennon
Wists
needlesandpins
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005 10:28:04 PM »

i'm in the same position as toadstool!  arrgh.  (but still super excited for my bio nerd swap!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What you have to realize when you write poetry, or if you love poetry, is that poetry is just naturally the greatest goddamn thing that ever was in the whole universe." - james dickey
beastbunny
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2005 05:47:52 AM »

I'm in the same newbie position as Toadstool and needlesandpins.  Except that I am in the Secret Craftster and I won't be done with my first swap until January!!!  Ahhhh!!  I keep looking at these fun swaps and thinking maybe I should have picked something less involved but it has been so much fun so far that I am ok with waiting until then for another.  But this one sounds like so much fun too!  Hva ea ball, everyone and I'll keep my eye on the gallery for inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emilytate
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005 05:39:37 PM »

there seem to be a lot of people who WANTED to sign up, but couldn't... how many have actually signed up??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
-anais nin
Bastelmutti
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005 09:23:31 PM »

I did! I qualify as of July 16, I think. Was wondering the same thing - do we have enough people?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005 09:39:19 PM »

I would love to do this swap! There's a Tim Burton swap around the same time...oh what to do, what to do?
Man...I'm so torn!
Anyone feel like this would be great if we could delay it till sigh ups 8/14 and send by, say, 9/14? or thereabouts?
*sigh* I guess this doesn't have to be the last Miyazaki swap.

ETA:

After thinking this over (and looking at some Totoro images!) I decided I would rather do this swap than the Burton swap. Maybe I can get a Burton swap going for Halloween ^_^

I'm in! (though I still think a small delay would be better for a lot of people.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005 09:44:15 PM by rabid.dustbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
Solace
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2005 12:02:00 PM »

I've only seen two of his movies, but I would like to do this swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've already picked out trendy names for servents in my castle!
Avian Flight
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2005 05:32:20 PM »

OH YES!!!!!!! lol could you pm me when you start the swap? that way i'll remember to sign up.. =) you're the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Styling Tips for an Oval Face
How to Style Thick and Wavy Hair to a Square Face
How to Style Coarse Hair for an Oval Face
How to Style Straight Hair for a Square Face
How to Style Fine Hair for a Square Face
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...