A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Earrings & Necklace  (Read 2232 times)
Tags for this thread: owl , earrings , necklace , yellow , blue  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 21, 2012 05:30:33 PM »

I recently found some fab owl beads, and I knew I had to make my crafty BFF & Hogwarts swap partner some jewelry with them.

Yellow Owl Earrings (I was in a spring mood when I crafted this, even if it is the beginning of autumn)

Yellow Owl Necklace

Yellow Owl Set (you can see how it hangs in this pic better)

and Blue Owl Earrings (the owls looked odd with feet, so I used a bead cap to represent them)

Thanks for peeking! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012 06:08:07 PM »

I am seriously in love with the yellow and green set. If I came upon these at a craft show I would pay an obscene amount of money for them. Do you mind me asking where you got the supplies for them? I also love the little blue owl beads. I have an almost identical pair of earrings that my partner made me last summer for the Decked out for Deathly Hallows swap. I love them! So cute. You are so creative!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012 06:29:32 PM »

I am seriously in love with the yellow and green set. If I came upon these at a craft show I would pay an obscene amount of money for them. Do you mind me asking where you got the supplies for them? I also love the little blue owl beads. I have an almost identical pair of earrings that my partner made me last summer for the Decked out for Deathly Hallows swap. I love them! So cute. You are so creative!!
Awwww...thanks! Kiss  You can't imagine the nervousness I have when creating jewelry for jenneingram. (She is a jewelry goddess!)  The yellow owls beads I stumbled upon at Joanns. (I squeeed in the store when I saw them!)  Most of the beads have been in my stash for awhile....I think perhaps I bought most at Hobby Lobby in some of those mix bags of Bead Treasure...I think.  With more crystal beads bought here & there, but you should be able to find them in any of the main craft stores (Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby).  The leaves&branch part, I just can't recall, but surely at one of the main craft stores...I think at Joanns as well.  The blue owls I got as a gift from my daughter; she bought them at Hobby Lobby. (She knows I love owls!)  Hope that helps! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AugustBell

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012 06:42:40 PM »

Awwww...thanks! Kiss  You can't imagine the nervousness I have when creating jewelry for jenneingram. (She is a jewelry goddess!)  The yellow owls beads I stumbled upon at Joanns. (I squeeed in the store when I saw them!)  Most of the beads have been in my stash for awhile....I think perhaps I bought most at Hobby Lobby in some of those mix bags of Bead Treasure...I think.  With more crystal beads bought here & there, but you should be able to find them in any of the main craft stores (Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby).  The leaves&branch part, I just can't recall, but surely at one of the main craft stores...I think at Joanns as well.  The blue owls I got as a gift from my daughter; she bought them at Hobby Lobby. (She knows I love owls!)  Hope that helps! Grin

I would feel the same way if I were crafting for her! You definitely were up to the challenge, as everything turned out incredible! I'm so glad you said Joann's because that's something I have locally! It's about 20 minutes away from my house, so on my afternoon off I'm going to head over there and check out their beads. Thanks for the info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hanshotfirst

1.21 gigawatts!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012 12:58:45 AM »

Beyond adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012 04:01:15 AM »

i love the branch part
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012 01:26:34 PM »

I'd be terrified to craft for jennie, but I think you've nailed it!  Love, love love, (did I mention that I love?) the owl sets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012 01:36:29 PM »

I'd be terrified to craft for jennie, but I think you've nailed it!  Love, love love, (did I mention that I love?) the owl sets.
awwwww....Thanks SciFi! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lydiaharper
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012 09:16:02 AM »

Gorgeous!  I especially love the yellow set, but the blue earrings are cute too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012 01:15:56 PM »

I love the owl necklace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Bookmark
Sept ATC
OTT October Holidays

Anyone interested in a Hockey Swap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 2/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 4/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 6/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 1/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 3/7
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...