A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Group Brainstorm  (Read 372 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

13anana
Aspiring Artist

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2012 05:37:03 PM »

Alright so I've been curious about this for quite a bit. I've been thinking of starting a crafty group, but honestly I can't do it alone. I've seen the threads started here and then just dying off into nothingness. I live in Monroe, which is 1 hour away from Charlotte. I've been searching forever for a nearby crafty group but so far I've had no luck, most of them are so far away that it'd be unrealistic and a burden to drive the distance. Ideally I'd like the crafty group to take place in Monroe, but I know there might be people interested that live closer to Charlotte. The group will be open to all crafts, be it jewelry making to sewing plushies. That's why I'm calling it a crafty group, most of the other groups I've seen are specifically for one element.

If this goes well, I like the idea that we'd be able to host a craft show because those are somewhat hard to find in NC. (Most of the ones I've seen are run by churches and well, I'd rather keep the locations more....open if you know what I mean). But that's a long term goal.

I'm currently a student and I'm socially awkward and shy, this is mostly why I need a second person I could depend on. Preferably outgoing and whatnot, oh and dedicated. I can't have someone skipping out on me and the group, you need to commit. I can't use my house as a meeting area, so if anyone has a place they can share with the group, be it house or public location, then that'd be super awesome.

Ideas so far:
---Online meeting period. This would be a period where we just get comfortable with each other.
---"Advertising". Tell friends, family, etc about the group. That way we get interested people to join.
---Half-way meeting point. Depending on how spread out we are.

If I get just a few people interested in this that'll be fine. We'll just get to know each other and maybe hang out sometime. We can become friends. ^_^ It doesn't even need to be an official group thing. Either way, thanks for reading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sonya Chung Talks About Long for This World
The UltraMind Solution Book Trailer
Tim Gunn Reveals a Few Tips and Greets Fans
Meet Author Daisy Fuentes
Alysia Sofios Talks About Where Hope Begins
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...