A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotee Swap #13 Send out 11/30/12  (Read 13857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angelicus
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2012 10:45:37 AM »

Gosh - I can't believe Send Outs are tomorrow! Time has flown. I've nearly finished my second dotee and have one more to do so I'm going to be crafting to the wire. I'm not actually worried though that I won't be able to send tomorrow.

Hope everyone elses dotees are finishing off well. Loving the gallery so far as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2012 01:12:13 PM »

Gosh - I can't believe Send Outs are tomorrow! Time has flown. I've nearly finished my second dotee and have one more to do so I'm going to be crafting to the wire. I'm not actually worried though that I won't be able to send tomorrow.

Hope everyone elses dotees are finishing off well. Loving the gallery so far as well.

Yes, tomorrow is send-out day. But if you think you need another day, or the weekend, PLEASE let me and your partners know. It's okay but we all appreciate a heads up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2012 01:29:45 PM »

Angelicus yours will be in the post tomorrow, if I can bear to put it in the envelope  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2012 06:34:07 PM »

Story time... I made a breakable dotee for puamelia and needed to get a different packaging for it (so I took it to work, didn't ship it, brought it home to find a little box to wrap it up and take it to the PO tomorrow) but... I dropped it in the driveway when I tripped and it was either drop my bag or land on my face.

BUT not to worry... I have cleaned up the glass shards thoroughly and I will refashion it tonight in a NON-BREAKABLE way (I have several spares of the [part that broke] so I could remake it the same way, but I just wouldn't be able to handle it if it broke TWICE) and ship it in an envelope tomorrow morning. And once puamelia receives it, I'll post a photo of what it looked like before it broke, for anyone who is curious.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Smmarrt

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2012 02:29:35 PM »

Which day of the week is the best for send out day? Maybe I should switch to Mondays for the next round? Thoughts? Opinions? Other favorite days of the week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spiffyhink
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2012 02:32:46 PM »

I dunno, I tend to send late on Friday due dates, but I think that's because of my own bad planning, sooooo nobody else's fault.   Embarrassed  I kind of like a middle-week send out myself, but my personal schedule is weird. Yeah.

Anyway I'll be sending late this time because I've had a work project that has eaten my day. Everything's ready to go otherwise, though, and then I'll go post the dotee I've received in the gallery. I've enjoyed the ones that have been put up so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2012 12:01:53 AM »

Oh no! Sorry that happened, but I am sure I will love it's second incarnation. Smiley I am curious to see what the before was tho.

I am also sending late. Had to work extra long, and late, didn't get in enough time crafting or sleeping. Sorry everyone! On the other hand, I aced an exam. I and payday should be sweet. I am trying to send out tomorrow, unless I fall asleep on the craft table and wake up Sunday. :p

Story time... I made a breakable dotee for puamelia and needed to get a different packaging for it (so I took it to work, didn't ship it, brought it home to find a little box to wrap it up and take it to the PO tomorrow) but... I dropped it in the driveway when I tripped and it was either drop my bag or land on my face.

BUT not to worry... I have cleaned up the glass shards thoroughly and I will refashion it tonight in a NON-BREAKABLE way (I have several spares of the [part that broke] so I could remake it the same way, but I just wouldn't be able to handle it if it broke TWICE) and ship it in an envelope tomorrow morning. And once puamelia receives it, I'll post a photo of what it looked like before it broke, for anyone who is curious.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
bec99
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2012 01:11:10 PM »

Which day of the week is the best for send out day? Maybe I should switch to Mondays for the next round? Thoughts? Opinions? Other favorite days of the week?

Monday might be good as it gives the weekend to finish crafting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love cross stitching, happy to do swaps!
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2012 09:44:42 PM »

Well, I'm used to Friday send-out dates, it's just that I just really underestimated what it would take to make a Dotee. A lot of hand stitching made for more hands-on time that I didn't budget for, and it should have all been done the weekend before. Oh well, now I know. I guess in some ways a Monday sendout would work well too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
Smmarrt

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2012 03:10:35 PM »

I think that the actual day of the week isn't important - it's all about how we manage our time.
Personally, I'm bad with deadlines and I can procrastinate like nobody's business. So the send out date is always a looming obstacle, I generally hit it head-on. I was just curious if any of you had any hard facts about certain days.

Anyway, the gallery should be heating up this week - whoopie!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012 06:16:40 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Perfect Make Up in 10 Minutes
A Day in the Life of a Fashion Blogger
Expert Brian Champagne Explains Proper Skin Care Techniques
Product Review: Hourglass Kabuki Brush Vs. Real Techniques Face Brush
3 Steps to the Perfect Brow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...