A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotee Swap #13 Send out 11/30/12  (Read 12661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2012 09:30:40 PM »

Whew! Got some serious work in today. Providing everything dries the way it's supposed to, I should be able to send tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2012 11:13:16 AM »

Still haven't started with my dotees as I didn't have time to make up little craft bags but I'm not panicking yet (I'm gap yearing!). I've just found out I have a university interview the week after next so making the dotees will be nice breathers in between doing a ton of extra reading etc. to prepare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
pollyprissypants

« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2012 02:43:25 PM »

Just finished decorating the tree! I use my dotees as ornaments, so my tree is super awesome! Two of my very favorite dotees on the tree- Davy Jones (the Monkee, not the pirate) made by Smmarrt, and The Beatles (yes, the whole group- it's interchangeable!) made by Spiffyhink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2012 05:58:21 PM »

Wow, what a great idea, I was just thinking that these would make great ornaments!

Well, ran in to some snags design-wise too. Two are cut out, the first one needs a piece re-cut, the third one's design is being mentally reworked. I'm stopping to take a quiz right now, then it's back to crafting the rest of the weekend. I am thankful that I have you all for company/inspiration, that Craftster exists to bring us together, that Thanksgiving was wonderful, but done, that I don't believe in Black Friday/Weekend shopping, and that slugs in the tree shipment forced there to be no xmas trees for a bit (hence delaying the xmas decorating). Happy crafting all! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
Spiffyhink
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2012 07:39:18 AM »

I love using my dotees as ornaments! They make the tree look so whimsical, the main drawback being that my son loves to take them down and play with them all. So I'm not sure if I'll do that this year, or go with something that can be ruined without much heartbreak.

I remember making that Beatles dotee! I'm flattered to know it's one of your favorites, Pollyprissypants!  Grin Grin Grin

My dotee making is going along fine, but I keep changing my mind about a few things. Grrrrr. I know what I want to do, but I can't decide for sure on how I want it to look. I'm making the ones I'm sure about though, so I can think about it for a little while longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2012 07:05:55 PM »

I think, with the way things are going, I will get one done each night. I have one ready to go out tomorrow!!! I'm quite pleased with it. I think. Hmm. It's my ONE that doesn't have a face and I'm not sure if it's weird or not. At any rate, it would make a great ornament, so hopefully the recipient plans to hang it on the tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Spiffyhink
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2012 09:10:34 PM »

I received from Bec99 today! I think I'm going to wait to take pics until I've sent, but just wanted to let everyone know. It is the most adorable thing  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2012 04:51:39 PM »

Go with your vision, weirdness aside. EMBRACE the weirdness!

I'm so interested in that, I can't wait to see which it is!

I think, with the way things are going, I will get one done each night. I have one ready to go out tomorrow!!! I'm quite pleased with it. I think. Hmm. It's my ONE that doesn't have a face and I'm not sure if it's weird or not. At any rate, it would make a great ornament, so hopefully the recipient plans to hang it on the tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2012 05:25:25 PM »

Go with your vision, weirdness aside. EMBRACE the weirdness!

I'm so interested in that, I can't wait to see which it is!

Ha, I'm glad you're curious, because it's YOURS!!! I'm planning a post office trip tomorrow for this and another swap  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
elyxandra
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2012 08:58:58 PM »

The ink is drying on the envelopes as I type this - a trip to the post office tomorrow will see all 3 safely on their way!

This is the first time I've actually had hesitation about sending a craft - each dotee turns out so unique and has a personality all it's own and I want to keep them for myself! I'm sending them with love and I hope their recipients will love them as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Pack For a Weekend Trip: Designer Looks For Less
4th of July Looks For the Whole Family
How to Wear an "M Slit" Skirt
How to Sport a "Shorts Suit"
Shorts to Make You Look Slimmer
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...