A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4-H ATC Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 3381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012 07:57:51 AM »

I've been working on some ATCs for this, and for you. For the kids, I'm trying to use themes they can relate to.

Thank you! And that's the great thing about 4-H; it's so diverse that probably anything you could make would be appreciated by someone.

I'm currently playing phone tag with Lind (the youth coordinator) but I left a message that I would be available right after school today so hopefully I'll have a date tomorrow, if not later today

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Bakeneko
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012 08:44:55 AM »

leather and lace

So I noticed that other people are sending stuff.

Do you need more stuff? What stuff do you need?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012 09:22:04 AM »

Dropped ATCs and a few supplies in the mail yesterday.......... .... hope they are useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
leather and lace

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012 10:02:05 AM »

Dropped ATCs and a few supplies in the mail yesterday.......... .... hope they are useful!

Oh no, Robin, I don't need anymore supplies. Said no craftster ever. Tongue I'm actually very grateful; everything you guys send will be well used as references and materials; my stash is ridiculously small, and so is my ATC collection, though both are growing Smiley

leather and lace

So I noticed that other people are sending stuff.

Do you need more stuff? What stuff do you need?

That's totally up to you. Feel free to send anything you think we could use, or if you'd like I could post a list of things I need after I receive Robin and stefanib's packages
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
leather and lace

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012 10:43:17 PM »

YAY! I spoke with Linda today, and WE HAVE A DATE! This shindig is going down January 2 (of 2013 ooooo Smiley ) Unfortunately, I can't get you any themes to work with, because Linda doesn't want me to have signups that have to be turned in ahead of time, but I can guarantee that there will be a limit of 12 4-Hers

So, I had hoped to send each participant 3 cards: one made by me and two from you guys. If you could each create six cards, it would be greatly appreciated. (If you think that that is too much, just PM me and I'll figure something else out). They need to be fairly universal, and of course appropriate for an audience 16 & under. They don't have to be super fancy, but as a general guideline, imagine what your ideal first ATC would look like Smiley.

Also, I had a thought that each of you could give me two themes for the kids to work with, in addition to an artist's choice, just in case they have a hard time fitting into a theme, so that we can try and simulate an actual Craftster swap as close as possible. What do you think?

If you could have your six cards sent out by December 15th at the latest I think that would be best, just to try and avoid getting stuck in the Christmas mail.

Robin, I received your package, too. Thanks so much for all the supplies and the ATCs. They will  be very helpful in demonstrating different types, especially the one made on a playing card.

AGAIN, thank you all so much for your help, I couldn't do it without you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Robinpich

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012 04:49:45 PM »

I can handle 6 cards by then.  Will there be boys and girls?  just didn't want to send all pink and fluff and a boy get stuck with it unless he wanted pink and fluff, hahaaaa...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
Bakeneko
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012 07:16:31 AM »

Let the crafting begin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012 07:49:12 AM »

I can handle 6 cards by then.  Will there be boys and girls?  just didn't want to send all pink and fluff and a boy get stuck with it unless he wanted pink and fluff, hahaaaa...

That's the unfortunate thing, I can't really tell you who will sign up, but if I had to guess, I would say there will be more girls than boys. I'd say try to make at least 2/6 boy friendly, just to be safe, though.

Let the crafting begin!

YAY! I can't wait, this is going to be so much fun!!

I think we should organize that personal swap to celebrate afterwards, then I can send you pictures of the kids so you can see how much fun they had!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
leather and lace

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012 02:25:39 PM »

Hi everyone! I thought that since December has begun I better check in with you all and see how the crafting is going. Here is our "ad" in the December 4-H newsletter:

A kind of sad rendition of my flyer, but I suppose Sad

I'd just like to remind you that the send date is the 15th, ABSOLUTELY no later than the 20th if it can be helped, and that each of you agreed to six cards and a sheet of your tips and tricks.

We have 27 days until the big day, so it's very important to check in and keep everyone updated as it gets closer!

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Robinpich

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012 04:05:50 AM »

Thanks for the reminder!!! I have a couple of cards done, but have had my parents visiting for almost a week!   (they have gone home now, love to see them come, love to see them go, hahaaaa)
ATC's will be in the mail by the deadline date to ya!

Can't wait to see all the ATCs you receive from us Craftsters.......wi ll you post a photo of all you receive?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lizzie King Shows You How to Tie-Dye Patterns With a Pillowcase
Lizzie King Shows You How to Tie-Dye a Shirt
Young Artists Brighten Up New Orleans
NY Artist Martin Abrahams "Breaks on Through" With His Provacative Art Show
WIND SQUID #3 - Space Battle!
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...