A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fibre Swap Fall 2012- Gallery  (Read 4579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012 08:44:39 PM »

How lovely!  That diz is to die for.  Gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012 06:16:53 PM »

I recieved from Rodelphia today!  I was very surprised at how quickly it arrived.

She sent some nice black wool and some to die for soft alpaca from a farm in her area that she dyed in orange and purple and green.  (Love that!)  She also made me a cute orange drop spindle and a hand carved mustache stamp.  Her first tray at stamp carving and I think it is super cute!

Thank you so much Rodelphia!  I hope you like your package as much as I like mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012 06:31:23 AM »

Lovely package!!!   Who doesn't need a mustach stamp? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

breabadair
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012 11:20:17 AM »

RhymeswOrange, your package looks great! I love that orange drop spindle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012 03:14:19 PM »

Rhymes, that fiber looks great! I love ones with rich colors. Smiley

I received my package from Eclectic Dreamer today!

I love the ball with all the colors! I saw a lucet (the wooden thing) for the first time a couple weeks ago at Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool, so I know that's for making cords. I have to ask, what's the braid with beads for?

I braided the wool so you can see the colors better (even if they're a bit washed out from my flash). Smiley

Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012 03:24:48 PM »

Perfect Pacakge!  I'd wear the braid as a necklace.  I just learned what a lucet was this summer.. i could NOT for the life of me figure out wow to use it, even with human instruction right there.  And then not even with the book..... They are cool though, and mmake pretty cords!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012 04:06:25 PM »

Actually, I think the "braid with beads" might be large enough to use as a head band. But it's a wrist distaff. You wrap the roving around the hanging part, the beads help keep it held on a bit, and the loop part goes around your wrist. If you go to  youtube, you'll find videos of them "in action". myself, I'd probably also loop the working end of the roving through the wrist loop so it's held a little out of the way.

The blue & white bit was dyed using just kool aid. There was a "roll into a ball and dip the sides in the dye" thing I wanted to try (didn't like it much; won't do again), and the colorful one was kool aid also, but just before tossing it in the oven I grabbed the blue food coloring from my cupboard and put a couple drops across the black cherry/blue something edges; I suspect that's how I got the dark purple. I'd love to see what it looks like spun up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
indigo_roses
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012 05:26:09 PM »

Actually, I think the "braid with beads" might be large enough to use as a head band. But it's a wrist distaff. You wrap the roving around the hanging part, the beads help keep it held on a bit, and the loop part goes around your wrist. If you go to  youtube, you'll find videos of them "in action". myself, I'd probably also loop the working end of the roving through the wrist loop so it's held a little out of the way.

The blue & white bit was dyed using just kool aid. There was a "roll into a ball and dip the sides in the dye" thing I wanted to try (didn't like it much; won't do again), and the colorful one was kool aid also, but just before tossing it in the oven I grabbed the blue food coloring from my cupboard and put a couple drops across the black cherry/blue something edges; I suspect that's how I got the dark purple. I'd love to see what it looks like spun up!

Ahhh, thanks for the explanation on the wrist distaff. It makes much more sense now!

I also have to say that grabbing the blue food coloring was a stroke of genius, it's my favorite part! For some reason I've been really into purples recently, at least when it comes to anything fiber related.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Rodelphia
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012 07:54:43 AM »

I used Wilton's food coloring to dye the alpaca that I sent. Everything has always turned out great with really bright colors. I got the alpaca from a booth at a craft fair this summer from this farm --> http://www.dunrovingfarm.com/. Its just one of the MANY farms we have around here (which is super awesome Cheesy).
Here is everything I received from RhymeswOrange, I love it all! This one is probably one of the prettiest rovings I've ever seen...and its mine! lol.

The other roving is super soft, I'm excited to spin it. I think I'll make something for the baby with it! Smiley

I also got a great bag to carry my projects around in, and its full of pockets to stash stuff in.

Obligatory cat helping picture. Cheesy

Thanks for everything!!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012 09:12:31 AM by Rodelphia » THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012 10:23:05 AM »

Here is everything I received from RhymeswOrange, I love it all! This one is probably one of the prettiest rovings I've ever seen...and its mine! lol.

That is some gorgeous roving!

I'd love to see what it looks like spun up!

I'm working on it! I've spun .6 oz so far. It started off looking quite patriotic, but now I've gotten to a section with some orange in it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Gingersnap and Sherbet Sandwich
New Orleans Style Beignets Recipe
Blueberry-Buttermilk Muesli Coffee Cake Recipe
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Almond Oat Bars
Cruffins Are the Hottest New Food Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...