A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Egyptian pyjamas for my Mum - copied from RTW  (Read 1642 times)
Tags for this thread: pajamas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tigergirl
« on: October 16, 2012 06:38:43 PM »

Mum loved the PJ's I made her on one of her trips here and wanted more. She gets really hot during summer and needs something minimal. After scouring the web, I managed to find this egyptian print cotton knit - she loves all things egyptian.

I made this pattern by copying a worn out set she'd bought herself but were getting too past it and she couldn't find any in the stores to replace them. Strangely, when I copied the pj bottoms, it seemed that the front and back were the same pattern piece, which isn't normal but when I made them, they fit her perfectly, so I guess that's what matters.

All of the seams were done on the overlocker. Twin needle in the sewing machine around the hem of the shorts and top. I did knit binding for the armholes and neckline.

As I have soooo much of this fabric, I thought I'd make her another top.

I copied this pattern from a top a friend made her years ago. As you can see, my overlocker decided to stretch out the fabric and give this delightful fluted look on the hem and shoulder seams - NOT what I was going for (I always tell myself I'm going to stabilise shoulders seams next time but I still haven't done it once!). The neckline also looks kind of small - what was going on when I copied that pattern? As I didn't have the original shirt or the body it was meant to go on, I thought I'd just make it as is and we'll see. For the hem I decided to try one of the stretch stitches on my sewing machine - never again! After many experiments, I finally settled on one but it took forever and didn't even look that good. What with all the machine and brain malfunctions I was quickly getting over this project so for the neck and arms, I just turned them over and twin needled them.

The blog post > http://tigergirladventures.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/egyptian-pjs-for-mum.html.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SHELIAANN1969
Crazy 4 Crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012 09:00:38 AM »

Good job! I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Whatever you're doing looks great and that's the point! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigergirl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012 11:28:42 AM »

Thanks! She hasn't received them yet, so it will be interesting to see how that second top fits in the neck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012 08:26:56 AM »

I think they looks lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tigergirl
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012 01:41:17 PM »

I think they looks lovely!

Thanks! I spoke to her last night, she said the tops are a perfect fit and her favourite is the singlet top. Due to her knee just coming out of surgery, she's not nimble enough to try the shorts but she says they look right. She feels so special that I got this fabric from overseas, just for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Messy Braids Hairstyle: Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2014 Show
How to Do Retro Rockabilly Hair
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Do Bright Ombre Tips
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...