A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Long Awaited Monster Bag Tutorial**MoreNewBags**on pg4!  (Read 36465 times)
Tags for this thread: monster_bag , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eremira

Albanian Jesus Freak!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005 05:48:56 AM »

WOW! I love your bags. Especialy this one! You are crazy talented, and I can tell it from now that you will be one rich lady, cause these bags are MUST HAVE for everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

First God created man...than He had a better idea!!!

My crafts
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eremiraukehajdaraj/my_photos

My etsy shop
www.Peacechild.etsy .com
foureyedgirl
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2005 07:19:40 PM »

I'm calling the Ferocious Furries, but I'm tempted to go back to calling them Monster Bags. Several of them have their own names, all of them will soon.

Keep them Ferocious Furries.

I don't want to be mean, but I recommend you give this post a read before you sell them.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45906.msg416417#msg416417
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2005 08:27:53 PM »

Your project was the main reason I didn't want to call them monster bags. I do understand that you are very protective of your bag design, but like several other people have already posted, I did have the idea and the fabric before you posted your bag. It was actually Goldfinch's bag that inspired me to finally make it, and my bag is dramatically different from hers.
As you can see, I didn't give mine a mouth. I really did like that idea, I thought it looked great, but I hadn't thought of that before I had seen yours, so I didn't use it. Likewise for the vinyl pockets, the idea had never occured to me, and while they would save me time, they were not my idea.
Yes, both of our bags are messenger bags, yes they are both made with faux fur, and yes they have felt faces on them. However, they are not the same bag and as several other craftsters have posted, they made similar bags before you did. I know that you have expressed interest in selling them, but I feel that our bags are different enough that it would not be a conflict if you do choose to sell your design at a later point.

I hope that you will understand that I do respect that you publicly displayed your bag before I finished mine. I really was impressed that you did, because one of the main reasons I had put off finishing my bag was that I thought it was too silly and strange. Your post, and the response to it, encouraged me to finish my project. I see many craftsters selling similar items and helping each other out. I would be happy to give you the stores I use for cheaper fur, or other items.

If you would like to continue this discussion, you can e-mail me at sarahsarah(at)mfire.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YouTube Channel Home to my animations and video shorts
foureyedgirl
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2005 08:40:24 PM »

I understand what you've said, and yes I admit I am protective of my design. I actually respect the fact you're going to try and sell these bags, I was planning on that for awhile but wasn't sure how they were going to go over.

I don't want to drag this out, so I'm just going to say one more thing and then this is done with. Go ahead and sell them. I hope you make a ton of money off of these bags. My only request is that you keep the name Ferocious Furries. Other than that, I appreciate the thought you put behind your own bags, and I am sorry to have caused a slight disturbance in your thread.

Again, good luck with the bags on eBay.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2005 08:53:02 PM »

I'm glad we could talk this out calmly. I understand your feelings about the name Monster Bag and I will respect that and not use it. I'm not totally sold on the Ferocious Furries. I've been going between that and Ferocious Fuzzies, and am still trying to think of another name for the bag line.

I'll try to post my bags on Etsy tommorow, but I must get some sleep now. I have swim lessons to teach in nine hours.

Thank you for your support, that means a lot to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foureyedgirl
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005 10:00:42 AM »

Ferocious Fuzzies sounds like an oxymoron or something, I like that.

If they were all messenger style you could try Monster Messengers, but they're not. Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
ikillbarbies
Poor College Student

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2006 07:53:22 PM »

I finished another two bags this week.  I was going to post them tonight, but Etsy seems to have slowed down, so I'll either post them late tonight or tommorow night.  I wanted to give you guys a sneak preview.  The green tote is probably my favorite monster face ever and I just really like the black messenger bag.  The fur is gorgeous in the light, it shimmers like real fur.

and its inside:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 08:39:53 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monkeymaker

my eyes!! my eyes!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006 08:27:57 PM »

wow! everyone's bags are just great! i love them all. i gotta make me one. now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm leaning on my shovel in this graveyard of dreams ~ devil makes three
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Knotted Updo
Natural Hair Braider Files Lawsuit Over Barber Laws
Different Ways To Style Wet Hair
DIY Creaseless Hair Ties
How to Get Runway-Inspired Textured Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...