A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HO HO HO (Holiday Object x 3) Swap! CLOSED. Sendouts Dec. 3  (Read 55426 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2012 06:27:16 AM »

..shhh...don't mention it, but LimeRiot is actually a pale lime color...you didn't think a mere human being could craft all those wonderful goodies, did you? Wink

Ok--narrowing down the choices...and trying to get them all to relate...I am told we can't do three of each theme...stupid rules! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2012 07:30:58 AM »

Ok--narrowing down the choices...and trying to get them all to relate...I am told we can't do three of each theme...stupid rules! Grin

whaa?  we can't do that?!?   hmmmph! 
so i guess we'll get bonus points for making items that somehow works for all 3 themes? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
LimeRiot
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2012 07:46:31 AM »

..shhh...don't mention it, but LimeRiot is actually a pale lime color...you didn't think a mere human being could craft all those wonderful goodies, did you? Wink

alwaysinmyroom is right, I'm like the scary green incredible hulk of crafting Wink. Actually, I just really love limes and I like the other definition of riot... Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry Smiley.

I'm having fun figuring out how to make 3 different things but still carry the same theme throughout!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2012 08:16:23 AM »

alwaysinmyroom is right, I'm like the scary green incredible hulk of crafting Wink. Actually, I just really love limes and I like the other definition of riot... Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry Smiley.

I'm having fun figuring out how to make 3 different things but still carry the same theme throughout!

It's more than that though, isn't it? All 3 items don't just have to be the same theme, the two smalls have to be related to/support the big item, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2012 08:44:44 AM »

Don't get too worried about that detail. To me, for example, if your partner had "Bells" as a theme, you could make a wreath out of bells, make a bell ornament, and do an art print on a piece of "Silver Bells" sheet music. The bells all relate.

Say your partner chose "Santa". For the large item, you could make a stuffed Santa, and the two small HOs could be a little reindeer friend, and a beautifully decorated "present" that may or may not have a little surprise inside. These three things would also relate, because they naturally go together.

We're pretty open to interpretation of the rules, as long as you send one large and two small HOs. Just don't send three things that definitely don't belong together, like a snowflake ornament, a Christmas tree made out of a cone, and a plaid table runner.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2012 09:02:34 AM »

Just don't send three things that definitely don't belong together, like a snowflake ornament, a Christmas tree made out of a cone, and a plaid table runner.

these don't go together?!?  *confused*  i was thinking tacky christmas centerpieces Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2012 09:10:24 AM »

Just don't send three things that definitely don't belong together, like a snowflake ornament, a Christmas tree made out of a cone, and a plaid table runner.

these don't go together?!?  *confused*  i was thinking tacky christmas centerpieces Tongue 

HA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
microjivvy
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2012 09:17:32 AM »

That would have been a  FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS theme.

... to look at, not receive... oh dear oh dear... "dear crafting gods, please don't let my partner think that my enthusiasm means I actually want tacky christmas centerpieces..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2012 10:33:29 AM »

I almost wrote "Don't be a smartass and tell us why those three things do go together.

*sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2012 11:38:25 AM »

I almost wrote "Don't be a smartass and tell us why those three things do go together.

*sigh*
Yes but we have so much more fun this way Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Your Favorite Summer Braids in Fall
How To Curl Hair With No Heat
How To Do Selena Gomez Braided Hair
How to Take Short Hair from Day to Night
The Best Ways To Master All Styles Of Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...