I am trying very hard to de-stash my yarn hoard, so this is my latest project!
Here's the pattern and a tiny lesson on pattern writing!
I used 1 1/2 skeins fun fur for this guy, coupled with green worsted weight yarn, and a K hook. 2 24mm eyes or whatever size you like, and flower beads, if desired.
It fits a square 80 count tissue box, but you can use any size you want, because I'm going to teach you how to adjust it.
1. Set the box on its' side, so that the opening is in front. Make a chain that is as long as the top lengthwise or widthwise--it doesn't matter. Add one more chain. Write your number down!
2. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
3. Ch 1 turn. Sc in each ch across.
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as needed to cover the top. Mark each row on your notes. Finish off.
5. Now you are going to crochet the sides and back. Starting on the side of the piece you just made, pull up a loop in the corner, ch 1 and sc in the same space. Sc evenly to next corner, 2 sc in corner, sc evenly along back to next corner, 2 sc in corner, sc evenly along side. write down the number of stitches. Fun fur is tricky and it's good to count regularly to make sure your numbers are right as you go.
6. Ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc.
7. Repeat step 6 until piece reaches the bottom of the tissue box.Mark the number of rows in your notes. Finish off.
8. Now to make the front. Using the number from step 1, ch and sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
9. Ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc across.
10. Repeat row 9 until you reach the opening of the box. Mark the number of rows.
11. Ch 1, turn. sc to the beginning of the opening. Mark this number. Count across to other side, stop when there are the same number of stitches on the other side. Ch the number in between, (write down your number,) skip the same number of sc, sc in last sc's. You should be left with an opening.
12. Ch 1, turn. Sc in each sc to chain section. sc around the chain section, one for each ch. Sc in remaining sc.
13. Repeat row 9 until you've reached the bottom.
14. Put the top and side piece on the tissue box. Position the front piece in place, then sc evenly to the top and sides. Finish off.
15. Add eyes level with opening, and sew on beads.