A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ahh! Please help!! Legend of Zelda pony bead keychain  (Read 1010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

8radient8
« on: October 14, 2012 09:59:19 AM »

Ok, so I made this really cool key chain for my boyfriend, and it looks awesome when it's laying down:
http://bit.ly/RmkuN1

But when I pick it up, it looks like this:
http://bit.ly/TgQDFJ

How in the world can I get each line closer together when I hold it up? I went back and re-did everything but super-tight, and it made it look worse...almost like it was making a 3D design from hell. I'm soooo frustrated right now! It took forever to come up with this and it looked amazing, but now I am stuck. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
8radient8
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012 10:03:40 AM »

Also- I tried going back with twine and binding the strands together, didn't really turn out right either. Sad
I'm getting soooo frustrated! Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sevenof9ncrew73
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012 03:56:03 PM »

i had the same issue when i made a ladybug keychain ornament out of seed beads i had to go back not through the beads but through the wire strands i had beaded onto top to bottom n bottom to top i kind of weaved up n down n using the very smallest wire u can find it does not show.

Also it looks like you made this with thread use wire it stays in shape better when tipped vertically i am a beginner still tho i mainly do loom bead bracelets now as i found 3d to be hard even tho i really want to make a dragon someday i have the pattern i have the beads i just dont have the know how to do it lol.

im sure others here with more experience can help you better tho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
8radient8
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012 10:51:48 AM »

Well, thanks! Any help is appreciated!! I will try it with the wire.. I used the braiding cords that were recommended for the beads, but obviously it's not strong enough for so many beads Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012 05:11:49 PM »

Are those seed beads?  If so, I found that Silamide thread seems to hold beaded pieces in shape better than Nymo or most other types when you stitch like that. 

Or maybe try a different sort of stitch like square stitch or peyote that involves the thread being woven through more than one row of beads. 

I made little peyote stitch ornaments/window hangers as gifts last year that have held their shape very well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pop Up Card for Children
How to Make a Tissue Paper Flower
How to Make a Happy Sun Face
Face Painting - Alien Brushwork Details
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 5/5
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...