A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holmes for the Holidays Sign-up: 10/12/12 - 10/26/12, Send out: 12/5/12  (Read 16820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theboywonder
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012 12:45:06 PM »

OK, I finally sent in my questions! Oh, and I wanted to be sure to note that I will be travelling for a week, so I may take a bit longer than normal to respond between the 25th of October and the 1st of November. I know that we should be getting our secret partners in that time, I didn't want anyone to think that I had gone missing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, just ask!
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012 01:20:16 PM »

So... I just noticed that I didn't put a question about sizing anywhere on here. Do you guys want me to add it or just have people ask through me? Either way is fine... I've never done a secret santa type swap so it never even crossed my mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012 07:47:05 PM »

Hmm, I hadn't even though of that -I specified accessories instead of clothing, so I guess it won't be an issue for whoever ends up my Secret Sherlock-Santa. Wink Maybe those who are interested in clothes should message you their info to add to their questionnaire, if needed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012 01:32:13 PM »

About a week and we have our victims...I mean send-ee.

In a past "surprise" swap some of the participants pinterest-followed everyone who signed up as to throw off the scent. Sneaky!
There was only one person who was so excited they pm'd their suprise-ee right away before she realized what she had done.
This kind of swap makes you use different parts of your brain...but we're all "proper geniuses" so it's going to be so much fun!!!

As for size questions I agree with mlheran to go through Alchamy513, our fearless organizer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012 02:17:22 PM »

About a week and we have our victims...I mean send-ee.

Isn't it exciting? Theres finally something fun going on! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
burstofpanties
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012 04:03:35 PM »

i am on the fence... i just got flaked on again (6th) time... but swapping is such fun. :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i am a batshit genius scientist prophet goddess...
and i will be free..."
theboywonder
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012 06:35:00 AM »

i am on the fence... i just got flaked on again (6th) time... but swapping is such fun. :-/

6 times? That's terrible. I do hope you join up. I am so excited about this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theboywonder
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012 06:41:26 AM »

Does anyone else dislike the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock? Not RDJ, himself, but the characterization and casting. I feel as though I may be the only one in this group. I fervently dislike Guy Ritchie and all of his movies, but while that might have something to do with it, I also dislike the fact that Sherlock seems to be overly interested in the ladies in those movies. Which REALLY bothers me, as he's always seemed to be to be a bit of a Sheldon Cooper type, so RDJ as Sherlock seemed like weird casting. Am I alone in all of this??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012 09:42:48 AM »

No, theboywonder, you're not alone in that. I like RDJ in general, but I haven't seen the Ritchie movies because they just seem kinda... silly. And I don't mind a silly movie, but with Sherlock stories I prefer cleverness, suspense, and great characterization. I think Benedict and Martin have really great chemistry and are a unique yet faithful adaptation of the canon -especially Holmes' rather asexual disposition. It's a fun foil to Watson's parade of girlfriends. Just one of many reasons I love the BBC show! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012 01:06:33 PM »

The Ritchie movies are incredibly silly, I'll give you that. I love them though. They pretty much ignore canon so I view them as a much more... fan fiction-y pastiche rather than a straight adaptation. I never saw RDJ's Sherlock as interested in the ladies; rather his relationship with Watson/his jealousy of Watson's gf/wife is much more blatant. The subtext between Holmes and Watson in those films is, as they say, rapidly becoming text.

Frankly, my favorite Sherlock adaptation is Basil Rathbone but I HATE the Watson in those movies. HATE. That is not Watson, that is a poor excuse for comedy and it makes me sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Grecian Updo Hairstyle
Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial for Medium-Length Hair
Signs You Need a New Stylist
How to Use a Diffuser to Style Frizz-Free Curly Hair
Hot or Not: Celebrity Hairstyles for Summer 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...