A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: viactiv box  (Read 532 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chutes to narrow

i have to push the pram a lot...

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2005 11:34:37 AM »

So what can i do with a calcium box?

ideas appriciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005 02:46:24 PM »

Is the whole thing plastic like the lid or is that some kind of foil covered cardboard on the bottom?...hard to tell and I am not familiar with those.  I have many, many empty yellow Nestle's Quik Sugar Free chocolate milk mix containers.  My daughter has been insulin dependant since age 6 and she is almost 15!  It is the only way she will drink milk so I have probably purchased 2 or 3 boxes per month for the past nine years and they are everywhere holding craft supplies, paint brushes, used needles, etc!  I had been looking for something to do with them forever and one day on HGTV's web site I came upon my very same yellow container decorated as a cute little novelty purse!  Right away I made one gluing on many bright colored fabrics and foam of different textures and it is adorable, if I may say so myself!  Then I sprayed a couple in different colors of Fusion (lightly sand first, and let it dry for 7 days unless you are gluing stuff on it) and on one I wrapped red, white and blue plastic leis around it, on another I left yellow and wrapped a cut-off jeans leg around it, the possibilities are endless!  You can push a nail or auger through the lid and bottom to attach them and put a bigger hole in each side, longways, to put any kind of strap on it that you might want!  As soon as I can I will post a picture of a few of them!  I can look up exacly where to find it on HGTV's site if anyone is interested!  TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005 10:14:41 PM »

just came upon one of those and I see that they are just cardboard on the bottom, covered with aluminum.  I would just save the purple tops to do something with, like link them together to make a bag of some sort maybe?  That is if you have a whole bunch of them accumulated.  TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Jill Connor Browne
Henry Coleman Talks About The Man from Oakdale
Rebecca Chace Talks About Leaving Rock Harbor
A ValueTales Treasury Book Trailer
Jessica DuLong Talks About My River Chronicles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...