A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: viactiv box  (Read 538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chutes to narrow

i have to push the pram a lot...

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2005 11:34:37 AM »

So what can i do with a calcium box?

ideas appriciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005 02:46:24 PM »

Is the whole thing plastic like the lid or is that some kind of foil covered cardboard on the bottom?...hard to tell and I am not familiar with those.  I have many, many empty yellow Nestle's Quik Sugar Free chocolate milk mix containers.  My daughter has been insulin dependant since age 6 and she is almost 15!  It is the only way she will drink milk so I have probably purchased 2 or 3 boxes per month for the past nine years and they are everywhere holding craft supplies, paint brushes, used needles, etc!  I had been looking for something to do with them forever and one day on HGTV's web site I came upon my very same yellow container decorated as a cute little novelty purse!  Right away I made one gluing on many bright colored fabrics and foam of different textures and it is adorable, if I may say so myself!  Then I sprayed a couple in different colors of Fusion (lightly sand first, and let it dry for 7 days unless you are gluing stuff on it) and on one I wrapped red, white and blue plastic leis around it, on another I left yellow and wrapped a cut-off jeans leg around it, the possibilities are endless!  You can push a nail or auger through the lid and bottom to attach them and put a bigger hole in each side, longways, to put any kind of strap on it that you might want!  As soon as I can I will post a picture of a few of them!  I can look up exacly where to find it on HGTV's site if anyone is interested!  TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
TishaLee

I had an idea.....once

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005 10:14:41 PM »

just came upon one of those and I see that they are just cardboard on the bottom, covered with aluminum.  I would just save the purple tops to do something with, like link them together to make a bag of some sort maybe?  That is if you have a whole bunch of them accumulated.  TishaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whose bright idea was this anyway?  I said burn all your bridges, not blow them up!  Jeez!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Lost Kings" Book Trailer - Short Version
Authors Jorge and Laura Posada on Fit Home Team
Author Kathy LeMay Reveals Her Motto
The Wild, Wild Inside Book Trailer
Jennifer Weiner Discusses Fly Away Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...