A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old film negatives and slides?  (Read 882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I_See_Nargles
« on: October 09, 2012 04:15:33 PM »

I hope I'm putting this in the right place

So I was going through my families old pictures and I found around 60-100 photo slides, a stack of film negatives and even around 40 film negatives from around 70s, I believe? They're the ones that are about a cm thick and 4ish inches long.
I'd hate to throw them away and I've already made a lamp with some of the negatives, any good ideas about what I can do with the rest? Especially the mini negatives  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't participate in shoddy craftsmanship, use the stencil. Do it!
~The Guild
Alabee
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012 05:52:10 AM »

A coffee table - place the slides or negative in between two sheets of glass, light it from below and insert it in a coffee table frame. if you use the mini negatives you could have a magnifying glass around so people can fish through the collection.

A wall feature - Same as above really, glass, light from behind, attach to wall. Leave out the coffee table  Wink

Jewelery - cut out little images from the slides / negatives and encase them in resin and create jewelery - preferably earrings as they are more likely to have light shining through them

Coasters - stick the slides on white backing and level / seal the top with resin.

Curtains - like those beaded curtains, you could string the slides together and use them to decorate neglected doorways, doors and walls.

Decorative bunting - again string the slides together and use them to decorate at you next family event.

Graffiti gifts -  find some nice slides picturing people places and graffiti them with moustache, eye patches and silly hats. Then give people their 'new and improved' image along with their Christmas gift.

Use the slides as gift tags - just write on the white borders.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~ Douglas Adams
I_See_Nargles
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012 11:24:11 AM »

Wow, great ideas! Thanks so much  Cheesy I especially love the coffee table idea, I would've never thought of that. The graffiti gifts sounds like a great idea too, I have a few pictures of my Uncle in the 70s that would be perfect for that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't participate in shoddy craftsmanship, use the stencil. Do it!
~The Guild
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 1
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 2
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 3
Atomic Buffalo Turds Recipe
How to Buy a Grill and Grilled Branzino Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...