A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 16 Gallery - Halloween and the Winter Holidays  (Read 44895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2012 08:19:07 PM »

Today Anuenue helped me make dinner, since we are going out of town soon, I didn't want to go shopping. So we made wood ear fungus with pickled peppers. The fungus comes dried in a tiny packet about the size of a matchbox.

But after pouring boiling water on top, they swell up in just a minute or two!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2012 11:14:05 PM »

Coccinelle and I had a busy Thanksgiving, though I only have a couple of pictures to share.  I tried to get some more at my friend's house, where we and my brother went first, but with the table stretched from one end of the dining room through to the end of the living room, and the kitchen pretty crowded most of the time, it was hard to get good shots!

Here is Coccinelle on a kitchen counter after we'd put together some of our appetizers -- on the left is smoked salmon and dilled cream cheese with capers, on the right strips of hearts of palm with the same cream cheese, all in endive leaf "spoons"; sprigs of parsley went into the centers before serving:

And here's the table, so long that my flash, which is often TOO bright, barely reached the people at the far end, and some of the guests didn't lean in enough to be seen here (Coccinelle is hidden by the silver salad bowl in the lower part of the picture):

Later in the evening we went to some friends of my brother's, but not knowing anyone there myself I didn't think about taking pictures, and Coccinelle stayed snug in my backpack as there were four dogs in the house who we didn't know.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2012 11:22:02 PM »

Oooo those mushrooms look yummy!!  And I love anything stuffed with cheese!!!  MMMMMMM.....

Anyway, Anuenue has been having such fantastic adventures, and poor Rupert has been stuck doing kind of the same thing for a bit.  We've been having fun receiving postcards from Anuenue though!  (And I keep forgetting to post about them!)  We finally got a shot with Rupert and the postcards, as well as some yummy coffee from New Mexico that arrived yesterday!!  (I think we'll save it for the weekend so it can be enjoyed!)

Thank you so much, ptarmic wumpus!!  Have fun on your next trip!!  Hopefully we'll have some more adventures with Rupert in our travels to the midwest next month!! (if not before then...)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012 11:23:49 PM by Mountains and Clouds - Reason: I accidentally posted a picture of my cat.... ooops! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Alexampersandra
Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

I want to craft ALL THE THINGS

« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2012 05:56:05 AM »

We did some more crafting after I took our last photos:

(I have some better photos but they show something I'm making for a swap, so they don't get posted!)

And we also went to one of the historic houses here in Virginia Beach. It's called the Lynnhaven House and it was built in the 1700s by a man who had been a ship builder in Norfolk but moved to VB to have a small plantation. (Fiance and I were also considering having the wedding at this place... They had an education center building next to the house, and they rent it out for events, but we think it's probably too small, so we're back to square one on that.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2012 06:15:27 AM »

I'm sure Rupert is having tons of fun! After we get back from this trip, no more travel plans, so things will be quieter.  This trip was supposed to be a short conference trip, but I had to extend it to go to my grandmother's funeral in ABQ first, so now we will be gone twice as long. One good thing is that we are going to get a chance to visit and stay with some friends in San Jose because I will be getting to CA a day earlier than planned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2012 09:11:40 AM »

Sorry I haven't been able to post recently. My grandmother passed away the monday before thanksgiving. and my husband and I flew to Boston. We did get to take Poppy on some Historian visits while we were there in Plymouth and Boston. I will post soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2012 10:54:55 AM »

Ok before I post my update I HAVE to ask ptarmic wumpus what the heck dose wood ear fungus taste like?Huh?

Well on my end my best friend and I went to the movies Monday and got to see Rise of the Guardians. It was AMAZING! I'm so in love with Jack Frost right now <3

And then we had to hit up the arcade since we were in the area Wink

And yes he is modeling one of the new things I made him to wear since it is cold here now and he needs layers to stay warm Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC swap: Done
100 facts swap: Awaiting partners

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2012 09:29:02 AM »

I'm still here. In the process of moving and it's almost finals, so things are a bit hectic. I promise that I'm going to take Sydney to do some fun things during winter break.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2012 09:57:57 AM »

Last Sunday, we went to a gem, jewelry and bead show! *drool* It was held in this historic ballroom, the Coliseum in St. Petersburg. It was built in the 1920's and it has such a neat style and vibe to it.

And yesterday, we had our carpets cleaned in the apartment. So we had to pick everything up off the floor and pile it everywhere else! Left for a lot of empty space!

Ihaka didn't want to get lost in the messy moving, so he sat up on the shelf, high and dry with a snowman friend. You can also see his new Christmas scarf and Santa hat I made for him!

As always, larger pics (and often additional ones!) are on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IhakaVisitsFlorida
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
lindseymetz87

Hello Mr. horsey how are you? ♥

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2012 12:49:15 PM »

Went down town agin yesterday! Will have pics up tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give a Head Massage
How to Make Hair Stronger and Stop Hair Breakage
How to Get a Big Sock Bun Hairdo
Hair How To: Half Up Half Down
How To Do A Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...