A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 16 Gallery - Halloween and the Winter Holidays  (Read 49913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IzzyBee
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2013 01:08:32 AM »

I was going to take Po to see the sights of London today, but I've woken up to snow so I've had to change plans in case the trains get cancelled and we can't get home Sad. I'll probably spend the day working on his scrapbook instead, and I might go out (on foot though, so they snow can't stop me!) to get some more goodies to send home with him Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2013 04:33:17 AM »

Scrapbook is done, important souvenir bought... One last thing to do, and I can mail Peanut Butter back home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2013 08:14:18 AM »

Rupert is all snuggled in his box and ready to go.  If all goes as planned, he'll be headed home today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
ale0059
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -Unknown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2013 09:13:27 AM »

I hope Po arrives soon. Smiley I am going to send the reciept to Mountains and Clouds and IzzyBee today I forgot to send it when I sent it out. Oops at least I found it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves personal swaps! Smiley
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2013 06:33:53 PM »

It was beautiful outside today, so I took Sidney to school with me.

That's the Cathedral of Learning, aka the Drunk Compass. It's right in the middle of campus, so you can see it from everywhere and always know generally where you are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2013 07:55:50 PM »

Well I know send outs are soon and I don't know how fast my swap box will get back, I feel like I should go ahead and post saying: I will be going out of town for a bit on the 14th. So I'm not ignoring it if my packages arrives while I'm gone, I promise! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

July ATC Swap: ongoing!

Can't swap? I do commissions too Wink
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2013 08:42:14 PM »

Anuenue already headed off to the post office last weekend, but here is a shot just before she settled into her travel box:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby

« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2013 12:18:06 AM »

Alby has arrived home!  His trip was very speedy, but then he had to spend a little extra time at the post office as the mail carrier has recently stopped leaving packages and instead leaves a notice...it's a little frustrating, but I guess it's the safest thing to do.

Because Alby got here so quickly and I'm taking advantage of the extended send date, Coccinelle is still here, and she was very excited to meet her counterpart:

When we opened the box, we found Alby's traveling case nicely surrounded by his photo album and wrapped packages:

Opening the case, we were so surprised to find not only Alby, but more...much more....

Alby came home with not one but two new friends, the Halloween costume Natasjadreams made for him, the album, a 3-D magnet from Bruges, Disney mainstays erasers (Mickey, Donald, and Goofy), a bracelet and ring set made in Morocco and a miniature tagine from there as well, a shrinky-dink charm bracelet, and some Belgian candy.

Natasja said Alby became quite fond of her hamster, Plushy, so she made a replica for Alby to remember him by.  Alby also made a new friend while they were in London, and Natasja kindly didn't leave him behind.  (We've named him Cam, for Camden Town, which Natasja said is her favorite part of London.)  Here are Coccinelle and the gang (and look, Alby and Camden wear the same size shirt....):

The gifts from Morocco:

The charms on the bracelet Natasja made represent Alby's many experiences during his adventures overseas: a Union Jack for his trip to London and Elphaba the witch from "Wicked" which they saw while they were in England; the Belgian flag; a Christmas tree and Santa hat for the holidays; what I think is a pottery design from Morocco; a hamsa, another Middle Eastern design; an elephant for all the artist decorated ones he saw in Belgium, and his ghost costume from Halloween.  There's also a silvertone replica of a statue of a little boy (which looks familiar but I can't place it) with "Brussels" beneath his feet.

Natasjadreams, thank you so much for taking such good care of Alby, for the postcards and holiday card you sent, and for all the very thoughtful treasures you sent along with him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby

« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2013 12:48:35 AM »

As noted in the previous post, Coccinelle's adventures in Los Angeles are continuing, and I've made more progress on updating her blog (http://coccinelleinla.blogspot.com/), which include visits to the Original Farmers Market, the Central Library, Griffith Observatory, and a couple more days of filming.  Still more to come, but here are some teasers:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
NathanielM93
« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2013 01:09:59 AM »

The charms on the bracelet Natasja made represent Alby's many experiences during his adventures overseas: a Union Jack for his trip to London and Elphaba the witch from "Wicked" which they saw while they were in England; the Belgian flag; a Christmas tree and Santa hat for the holidays; what I think is a pottery design from Morocco; a hamsa, another Middle Eastern design; an elephant for all the artist decorated ones he saw in Belgium, and his ghost costume from Halloween.  There's also a silvertone replica of a statue of a little boy (which looks familiar but I can't place it) with "Brussels" beneath his feet.

I'm glad he arrived so quickly. I'm sorry I forgot to describe the bracelet. The litte boy is Manneken Pis, he's the mascot of Brussels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Peranakan Kobis Kledek Masak Lemak Dish
Around The World In 80 Ways: Susur Lee
How to Make Chinese-Style Spare Ribs
Chicken Teriyaki Gyros Recipe
How to Make a Szechuan Pork Belly and Triple Happiness Cocktail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...