A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Little Halloween Pony??? (Pic heavy!!!!)  (Read 5535 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_decoration , pony  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012 12:30:31 PM »

This is awesome!!! I love the bite marks and the detail on the saddle. I wish I had cool stuff like this in my yard this halloween! Might just have to get working on some stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenxx
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012 10:40:55 PM »

Gotta love this---& your imagination.  He's fantastic!  I wish I had seen this earlier.  I'm in the process of painting an ordinary-everyday-run-of the-mill-carousel horse.  It would have been soooooo neat to do something similar to this.  I'm even using the very same horse---found at a flea market for $10.  I hope you don't object if I keep this in mind & for future use. 

Mine is actually the second I've done---the first is posted somewhere in my Craftster photo album.  For that one I also used the umbrella stand/closet rod base.  If you intend to make more, you might be interested in what I've done for the base of my second one.

One of our brass floor lamps quit working & Hubby was going to throw it away.  Fortunately, he remembered the horse I'd not yet gotten around to painting.  With the shade, cords, etc stripped off, it's perfect.  Even the hole left from removing the Off/on switch is covered by the horse.   I just need a finial to finish off the top.

Not just any lamp will work because the base on this one is VERY heavy.  I recommend you check thrift stores to find a good one.  I recently saw one at Goodwill in Rochester MN for $15 that was perfect, so I know they're available & cheap.  The brass (or even chrome) is very professional looking. 

You've done a splendid job on this one.  I look forward to seeing more Holidays represented.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nolansmomster
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012 06:21:30 AM »

This turned out awesomely!!! I love the finished product-- especially your paint job! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyLynn98
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012 06:21:55 PM »

OMG, Jenxx, YOUR post was the reason I made this!!!! I PDF'ed your original post and saved it to my computer so I wouldn't lose it. (my version of Pinterest). So I owe you big thanks for the original idea!  Kiss I think that even if I hadn't saved your post, it would have stuck with me mentally, because it really grabbed my imagination.  Grin

Gotta love this---& your imagination.  He's fantastic!  I wish I had seen this earlier.  I'm in the process of painting an ordinary-everyday-run-of the-mill-carousel horse.  It would have been soooooo neat to do something similar to this.  I'm even using the very same horse---found at a flea market for $10.  I hope you don't object if I keep this in mind & for future use. 

Mine is actually the second I've done---the first is posted somewhere in my Craftster photo album.  For that one I also used the umbrella stand/closet rod base.  If you intend to make more, you might be interested in what I've done for the base of my second one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012 07:37:01 PM »

I have always loved carousel horses, this turned out beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012 01:05:03 PM »

Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudrainbow
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012 04:34:37 AM »

Wow. Nice paint job. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 glow-in-the-dark paint.
This is my blog where I post tutorials and book reviews and things like that: http://cloudrainbow.blogspot.com/
This is my other blog where I post pretty fashion and decor and accessory finds: http://ursnowbeautiful
navycowgirl
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012 01:37:13 PM »

Of course I just gave away my bouncy horse, right before I found Craftster. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Great Flashlights
Making Coroplast V-Flats for Backdrop
Using Light and the Setting in Your Photograph
Awareness of Shadow in Photography
Understanding Light Exposure in Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...