A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Caffeine the Final Frontier!  (Read 2260 times)
Tags for this thread: star_trek , coaster , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 06, 2012 03:44:02 PM »

Rikaheart had Star Trek mug rugs on her birthday wish list and I just had to oblige. Wink

I stenciled the ST insignia with freezer paper and then did the quilt as you go technique to get the black and red "stripes".

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/bajita42/IMG_1959.jpg

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013 01:16:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LizzyEU
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012 04:07:58 PM »

What's "freezer paper"?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012 04:10:32 PM by LizzyEU » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012 04:31:06 PM »

Freezer paper is also known as butcher paper. Here's the brand that I've used for years. It is sturdy paper with a waxed side. You can draw and cut out the design on the paper side. Then you iron the wax side to your item to be stenciled and paint away.

If you can get a roll, it lasts an eternity. I've been stenciling for a couple of years now and have used about 1 1/2 rolls. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffi_333
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012 05:08:17 PM »

those are awesome, and im not even a trekkie lol. it's definately something my bf or his brother would use.

I love freezer paper as well, it works great to stencil shirts and purses...if you cant find freezer paper in stores around you, you can order it online on ebay or something...it took a while before i found a store that had it. Keep in mind that while freezer paper has a waxed side, you cant use waxed paper the same way cuz both of the sides are waxed and it will make a mess of your iron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012 05:49:01 PM »

I LOVE THEM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012 06:23:29 PM »

I LOVE THEM!

Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LizzyEU
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012 01:56:05 AM »

those are awesome, and im not even a trekkie lol. it's definately something my bf or his brother would use.

I love freezer paper as well, it works great to stencil shirts and purses...if you cant find freezer paper in stores around you, you can order it online on ebay or something...it took a while before i found a store that had it. Keep in mind that while freezer paper has a waxed side, you cant use waxed paper the same way cuz both of the sides are waxed and it will make a mess of your iron.

I've tried googling for it but the only options to buy it - even online - seem to list prices in dollars and be from US sellers, so that won't work (for some reason the US only seems to work with credit card or paypal, which are both not something "everyone" around here has, plus cross-custom import is a hassle), but I'm not really into quilting or embroidery and I'd normally opt for textile printing with special paint anyway so, meh, I'll do without.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012 02:04:39 AM by LizzyEU » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012 06:11:41 AM »

I love these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012 06:40:20 AM »

Love!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012 12:04:29 AM »

I've tried googling for it but the only options to buy it - even online - seem to list prices in dollars and be from US sellers, so that won't work (for some reason the US only seems to work with credit card or paypal, which are both not something "everyone" around here has, plus cross-custom import is a hassle), but I'm not really into quilting or embroidery and I'd normally opt for textile printing with special paint anyway so, meh, I'll do without.

If you want to give it a try, you could do a swap or a personal swap with someone who can buy it. I got some freezer paper from UK in a swap once, so it's perhaps not a US only item. (Someone from the UK know more about this?)

Apart from that, great mug rugs! I'd never be able to bring myself to stain them if they were mine, so they'd probably never see an actual coffee mug, but you bet I'd show them off Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Inspired by Flowers
Cute Winter Outfit Ideas from New York Fashion Week
Voguepedia - The Doc With Hairstylist Guido Palau
Voguepedia - The Doc With Andrew Bolton
From the Vogue Closet - How to Pull Off a Hat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...