A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,635
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Falling for Autumn Rd 2 GALLERY!!  (Read 6721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012 10:38:41 AM »

Kbrison received from me several days ago. She's been busy with work, and learning the ropes of her new camera, so I decided to go ahead and post pictures of what I sent.  kbrison, feel free to post your own, as well.

I made her a wreath which she is putting up in her classroom, and a crocheted table runner which took me FOREVER to make! I was seriously stressing I bit off more I can chew.  Here's a picture of everything.

The table runner on my table:

A close-up of the detail work:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012 03:35:55 PM »

Wow, Johnson.mom2two, that table runner is lovely!  Crocheting something like that boggles my mind!  I love the wreath too.  I think it would fit in my classroom as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012 07:01:54 PM »

Wow you"re a crocheting machine!  Lovely package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012 03:23:39 PM »

Thanks for all the compliments! She was very excited when she received it!  And, I was so happy to have finished it!  Granted, I didn't complete the entire pattern, I improvised to fit mine, and the swaps, guidelines, but I love how it turned out. 

We've got more receivers! Yay! Can't wait to see what else is in store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012 03:59:21 PM »

I received my lovely fall package from Rubylynns today! Here's my loot:

First, a nice long and heavy upcycled scarf

Next, a cute pink headband/cowl

And an upcycled wrist band with my username initials

Hello Kitty halloween socks Grin

and an adorable little ghost!

Thanks for a lovely swap! I had a great time! Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
ysmeine
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012 05:15:46 PM »

I received from Sarah. She sent lots of extras. Lindor chocolate, I noticed the boys eyeballing those. Woodland office supplies, a vintage mug soy wax candle. It will look nice with my other vintage mugs. Ginger tea, I am going to take some to work with me tonight. She also sent pocket tissues.

The wristwarmers will come in handy. We've had a few chilly mornings when I get off work. I like the pattern.

She made a felted pillow cover from a sweater. I placed it on a pillow I have until hers gets here.

I love these potholders. They are so cute, and they are acorns! If all I got were these potholders, I would be very happy.

Two days ago I was thinking that I needed a heating pad and I received two small one today. The cute heartys made from felted sweaters will look nice  sitting out in the open so I wont forget where I stashed them.

Thank you for everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012 01:43:41 AM »

I love all the fall goodness we have in this gallery and now is my turn to add more!!

I received a lovely package from najaorama.

Repurposed infinity scarf, wheat scarf pin, candy corn stickers, 2 yummy smelling candles, leaf bunting, felted pumpkin pincushion

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
sarahelise
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012 07:59:49 AM »

So cute!  I LOVE that pumpkin pincushion!  And the doily is Ah-mazing.  I just don't have the patience for that detailed of crocheting, so I have a nice collection of vintage ones, instead!  Smiley 

I received from ysmeine yesterday, so here are the lovely photos.  She was having trouble with one item, so photos of it will be posted later.  Smiley 

First, the cutest little fall terrarium: 

I have wanted a terrarium for a long time, and this one has some of my favorite things in it... mushrooms and a hedgehog!  I had a hard time photographing it to get the cuteness.  It also sustained major trauma during mailing... gotta love the USPS!... so I pulled out my trusty glue gun and some tweezers (cause my hands are too big to get down inside there!) and re-glued everything.  All of the pieces had come undone, so I tried to see where the "voids" were in the moss and re-recreate it as much as I could.  Hope I did an okay job, ysmeine!  One more pic of it from the top: 

The next thing I received made me giggle.  It's corn soap! 

Now, this is probably more amusing to me than it would be to other people because ysmeine is from Iowa and I am originally from Iowa, so we sort of have a family tradition in my house of trying to find the weirdest corn-shaped object.  I've seen lots of candles, but never soap, so this gave me a good laugh!  Plus, it's locally made from her town, and I love handmade soap!

Finally, the piece-de-resistance: 

It's a crocheted owl rug!  I had pinned this a while ago, and she took it straight from my wishlist!  I love it so much.  It's possibly too cute to go on the floor, and may end up being a wall-hanging, I haven't decided yet.  But either way, I LOVE it so much. 

Thanks, again, ysmeine!  I love everything, and can hardly wait to see what this extra is you have in store for me!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012 08:18:03 AM »

I love everything that's been posted the past few days.

Rubylynns, what a wonderfully long scarf...and great job on your crocheted cowl...I know how excited you were to be able to crochet something...on to bigger things, for sure!

Sarahelise, I think your pot holders are so cute! And, after seeing all these handmade wrist warmers in swaps lately, I think I'm going to have to add them to my wish list as well....great package!

Najaorama---great package....felted pumpkin...such a great idea!

ysmeine--that terrerium is SO cute! What a bummer that it got hastled in the mail....I hope it looks just as good with the TLC Sarah gave it as when you sent it.  That corn soap is so funny! And that owl rug...WOWZA!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012 01:54:39 PM »

I picked my daughter up from school and followed the UPS guy down my road, knowing he was stopping at my house with my goodies from kbrison. And, what goodies they are! Holy cow, that woman spoiled me rotten! I absolutely adore everything!!  I've got pictures taken, and will try to post them later on tonight when things settle down for me.

Posting now--

Thanks Kathy!

First off, she told me she was sending not one, but two LARGE boxes....uhm, yeah....

I'm not sure what I want to show off first....I guess I'll post what filled up MOST of the boxes....something straight off my pinterest, something I was forewarned I would have to assemble:

Cute, right?

Although....I would have been super happy with just this treasure:

The little gem on the purse is my super adorable pumpkin needle book which I love!

She also sent me a kit to help me make little fabric balls, and one of her old Girl Scout scarves, since I'm one of the leaders of my daughter's Daisy Troops.

Kbrison isn't done yet though, she's been working on a Batman hood for my son, and a Hello Kitty for my daughter, but hasn't finished them yet. But, she didn't leave them out either. She sent stickers and things which they are very excited about!

Thank you very much! I've very much enjoyed being your partner!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012 06:25:33 AM by johnson.mom2two » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fudgy Rocky Road Bars Recipe
Lemon-Raspberry Semifreddo Recipe
How to Make Hot Fudge Sauce With Jim Cramer
Citrus Infused Espresso With Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Lemon Sponge Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...